anyone else get the "you think you know everything" label?

One of my coworkers said it to me one time last year. The store manager, Mike, asked me to process a transaction that Melissa, a department manager, was suppose to do.

Me: Got it. Here's the invoice Mike.
Mike: Thanks.

*Later on in the day*

Melissa: Hey, did you do that order for Ms. Smith?
Me: Yes I did. Mike asked me to do it. It didn't take long.
Melissa: Oh, you think you know how to run my department? You think you know it all?
Me: I know a lot of things. Processing that order was one of those things.
Melissa: Um hmm. *rolls her eyes and walk away*
Me:
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

Wise men don't argue with fools.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This, can't remember the last time I wasted my energy arguing.[/color]

I agree with people just so they can shut up, argument is pointless at times, but I'm blunt and state the truth if I feel it needs to be.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

Wise men don't argue with fools.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This, can't remember the last time I wasted my energy arguing.[/color]

I agree with people just so they can shut up, argument is pointless at times, but I'm blunt and state the truth if I feel it needs to be.

Originally Posted by CJ616

What's worse than know-it-all's, are people who simply can't admit that they are wrong/incorrect.  They just keep arguing trying to show how  their incorrect viewpoint is justifiable, until you basically just say ($*$ it.  I hate those type of people.

mad.gif
man you are telling the truth there.....people like that I don't even answer back to now, I just let them babble on and on...cus it's pointless.

Originally Posted by CJ616

What's worse than know-it-all's, are people who simply can't admit that they are wrong/incorrect.  They just keep arguing trying to show how  their incorrect viewpoint is justifiable, until you basically just say ($*$ it.  I hate those type of people.

mad.gif
man you are telling the truth there.....people like that I don't even answer back to now, I just let them babble on and on...cus it's pointless.

I think I was labaeled a borderline know it all. If I felt like I was right about something, I would not give up whatsoever, no matter how trivial the topic was. I toned down a great bit over the years b/c I noticed other people that behaved that way and it's definitely not a good look.

The smart man always knows what to say, but the wise man always knows when to say it.

I think I was labaeled a borderline know it all. If I felt like I was right about something, I would not give up whatsoever, no matter how trivial the topic was. I toned down a great bit over the years b/c I noticed other people that behaved that way and it's definitely not a good look.

The smart man always knows what to say, but the wise man always knows when to say it.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

OP, you need to stop doing the whole "damb famb lamb slamb" movement with your posts. It gets annoying reading the misspelling everytime I see your posts. I know the joke thread about 'damb'.

No, I don't get the whole "you think you know everything" label because the people I associate myself with know exactly where I come from in my arguments and never have to call me out on being a know-it-all, because I'm not that kind of person who tells people that my opinions are always right. And being opinionated is hardly something to be mad at. Everyone is opinionated.
Co-sign. Know it alls are annoying, and quite honestly, nobody likes them. If I talked down half the people that say idiotic things, I'd be out of breath, and I don't have the time. Know it alls will argue with themselves, I think they just like hearing their own thoughts.

You two know ya'll both just agreed with ricky409 right?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

OP, you need to stop doing the whole "damb famb lamb slamb" movement with your posts. It gets annoying reading the misspelling everytime I see your posts. I know the joke thread about 'damb'.

No, I don't get the whole "you think you know everything" label because the people I associate myself with know exactly where I come from in my arguments and never have to call me out on being a know-it-all, because I'm not that kind of person who tells people that my opinions are always right. And being opinionated is hardly something to be mad at. Everyone is opinionated.
Co-sign. Know it alls are annoying, and quite honestly, nobody likes them. If I talked down half the people that say idiotic things, I'd be out of breath, and I don't have the time. Know it alls will argue with themselves, I think they just like hearing their own thoughts.

You two know ya'll both just agreed with ricky409 right?

Originally Posted by Wr

people say this because individual thought is at an all time low, and people are jealous of other people that may know something they do not know. That's why instead of listening to people when they talk, they tend to have to contest everything one says with a new question, wrongfully rephrased logic, or just get bitter and say it's impossible for you to know such things. People envy knowledge.

Plus from personal observation, there are a segment of people in population that have gotten by in life not having a clue of anything they have to talked about, they have been able to master appearing as if they are informed, and answering or responding to questions in a certain way as to allow them to slip by. Im pretty sure some of you have worked with people like this and you wonder how they've made it so far when you may have had to put it in high gear and work hard to get where you are at.

This man knows.

Originally Posted by Wr

people say this because individual thought is at an all time low, and people are jealous of other people that may know something they do not know. That's why instead of listening to people when they talk, they tend to have to contest everything one says with a new question, wrongfully rephrased logic, or just get bitter and say it's impossible for you to know such things. People envy knowledge.

Plus from personal observation, there are a segment of people in population that have gotten by in life not having a clue of anything they have to talked about, they have been able to master appearing as if they are informed, and answering or responding to questions in a certain way as to allow them to slip by. Im pretty sure some of you have worked with people like this and you wonder how they've made it so far when you may have had to put it in high gear and work hard to get where you are at.

This man knows.

Back
Top Bottom