Anyone ever feel like using a "dumbphone" again?

One thing that those "dumbphones" have over smartphones is solid reception.

I remember my old dumphones would let me continue a phone conversation while riding the first tunnel train stop coming in from an outside stop when i lived in boston and SF. If only my smartphone could do that!
And battery life. I remember not having to charge the phone for a full week. lol

Hell naw. My iPhone's user interface is so easy to use and fast I wouldn't ever go back.

I only really use it for texting and calling too, besides the occasional facebook chat and snapchat.

I have a 500mb monthly mobile internet limit and don't even use it.

Just copped a G3 last week. If I ever say I'm considering a "dumbphone" again don't hesitate to pelt me with insults and stone faces.

Last edited:
Man!

The list of things the smart phone does that I don't use lol.

Tex, phone calls, Clash of Clans, Fantasy, ESPN radio are the only things I use my phone for.

So I'm basically paying hundreds if not thousands of dollars a year for clash of clans because espn radio is on am radio and I only deal with fantasy on the tablet.

Been saying ima hit up pre paid, I think I will soon.

I've been using a dumb phone for the past 3 years. I switched because I realized that I really only used my iphone for social media and gps. Since my work gives me my own laptop with a wifi hotspot, I don't really need a smartphone for social media. The only thing that has been challenging is not having gps all the time. It took time getting used to looking up directions beforehand and actually paying attention to the directions, as opposed to the phone just telling me when to turn.

This is what folks forget. You're able to do anything without a smartphone... it's more about when/how often, and why you want to do those things.

I don't want a smartphone; i like learning about the region i'm travelling to by looking up directions before i go. I like exploring a physical location to find points of interest and restaurants instead of googling "what's around me right now?" if i really wanted to know, i'd look it up in advance, or it can wait until i get back to an internet device that's not mobile. facebook? i want no part of that. Instagram? no thanks. I'd rather get to know the people that i interact with face to face than folks that i see, rarely if ever in person. i'd rather look at the beauty of the world around me instead of checking to see what things these internet people are taking pictures of. music? if i make a mental effort to load my mp3 player ahead of time, i find that i care more about what i'm listening to. breaking news? if it's important enough to find me via more traditional methods, ie, internet at work, emails, phone calls, maybe a text message, or communication from someone in person, than it's probably important enough to affect me.
i love robin williams, but i did not mind finding out about his death several hours after the rest of the world. in the meantime, i was happy to be doing what i had planned to be doing, and was glad not to be interrupted by something that has no direct influence on what i'm doing during my day.

Yeah I definitely don't like the direction of technology, social media, etc...it's all just too damn connected.

Fantasy football, Twitter, n00dz, and texting my main jawn whilst watching a YouTube video via multi window feature >>>>>>

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom