Anyone ever opened a laundromat? Vol. Servicing the neighborhood

I know a guy that dropped out of college and opened up a laundromat.  He's got 2 audis, a r8 and an A7 so it seems to be a pretty profitable business

U lying b
Nah laundromats make bank.

The only thing you pay for is water, heat, electric, and rent. Perhaps you pay for the occasional repair. Hire a guy to open, monitor, and close the shop. In a high volume area you can easily make six figures after taxes.

All I know is if you can't differentiate between a laundromat and a dry cleaners you prolly need to lick the pringle crumbs off your paws and step away from da cpu

If you do open a laundromat mat, put in a claw machine in there for extra money.

I got a friend that has 3 claw machines that he got online for cheap and he put them in three different laundromat mats around here. He knows a guy that owns the mats so he let him put the machines in there for free. Other places he went to, they wanted either a 50/50 or 60/40 spit.

Anyways, once a week, he goes and collect money and refills the machine with stuff animals. All those times I went with him to collect the money, he makes anywhere from 250-350 weekly on each machine. The most I've seen him get out of one machine in a week was 568 bucks. Of course, he rigged the machine so pays out every 30 plays. He just got 2 more used machines (keymaster and big choice claw machine) and is on the verge of putting it in a local pizza joint and barbershop. He should make $ in those places too. He getting paid doing nothing :smokin

Why you always want to be in and around the hood papi? Why don't you use that MBA of yours and put together a legit business plan for a nice little Thai place in the suburbs.  You know, something your family and college friends can be proud of.  Where your homies can take their little babes on dates and eat some exquisite cuisine on the house.  The last place you need to be spending anymore of your time is a rat infested laundromat in the hood.  You are simply asking for thot drama, dice games, shoot outs, drug deals, and opening up shop daily to find fiends curled up in the dryers.  You not finna be rolling up to Rucker-esque games in a big body foreign with cuban links on hopping out like a neighborhood star, cameras not gonna be flashing, girls not gonna be screaming your name, just cause you opened up a laundromat and gave away a few school supplies.  The hood really got you delusional, my brother thinks he gonna be a combination of money aint a thing Jay-z and Mitch from Paid in Full just for putting a few old kenmores in the jects. 

If you got it why not, Wale said it best on the White Shoes record

Where the sneaker stores and laundromats get all the money Cause it ain't 'bout what you're doin', 'but how you're lookin'

Wale never said anything "best"

All I know is if you can't differentiate between a laundromat and a dry cleaners you prolly need to lick the pringle crumbs off your paws and step away from da cpu

you've been on fire the last 2 days :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I'm glad OP wants to do a cleaners/landromaut and not open an ATM business. 

I know for a fact in the hood, or by non renovated buildings you can make BANK. especially if do deals and charge by the LB. Cause you know folks will love to buy a lb service in the hood. I know a spot in the BX that charges 2.50 a lb and the joint i used to work with would pay for my landry and hers as well. 

I always thought about this.

I know its a lot of cats on here who own their own businesses.

I'm considering opening up a laundromat. Something light. Mainly to give back to the community, give the streets somewhere they can make a drop off and we do all the dirty work and wash their clothes for them and have it ready by the end of the day.

I might put a business plan together and get the ball rolling and start raking in the dough. I heard about this one cat who owned a laundromat and he was making crazy loot.

I have the marketing plan down pact. I already know I'd hold neighborhood give backs like street fairs and basketball games etc.

Anyone have any first person insight

idk why but these don't really seem to go together for me :lol:

Why would op open a laundromat to launder money? You can make any llc for a lot cheaper than opening a laundromat :lol: stay out of the trap talk

I'm no expert on the laundry field but I'd imagine the margins are huge and it's not like you'd need more than a few employees. Paying people sucks. So keep that in mind, if you can do it all alone or with a homie do that.

If you got the dough to open it or someone to put it up for you come up with a plan and do it. :pimp:

If you do open a laundromat mat, put in a claw machine in there for extra money.

I got a friend that has 3 claw machines that he got online for cheap and he put them in three different laundromat mats around here. He knows a guy that owns the mats so he let him put the machines in there for free. Other places he went to, they wanted either a 50/50 or 60/40 spit.

Anyways, once a week, he goes and collect money and refills the machine with stuff animals. All those times I went with him to collect the money, he makes anywhere from 250-350 weekly on each machine. The most I've seen him get out of one machine in a week was 568 bucks. Of course, he rigged the machine so pays out every 30 plays. He just got 2 more used machines (keymaster and big choice claw machine) and is on the verge of putting it in a local pizza joint and barbershop. He should make $ in those places too. He getting paid doing nothing :smokin

How much does it cost to refill them? And how often does he have to?

Y'all really got me thinking about looking into a Laundromat + row full of snack/drink/claw machines. Money that makes itself and is low maintenance.

Which would you say is easier and more profitable to run? Dry cleaners or Laundromat?

You should open a church. That's the real hustle. Tax free paper.

Didn't eem think about this.

Can I just lease a spot and open up a Catholic Church? I might want to open a Jewish church too. Will the landlord allow free rent cause it's a church? You can do good for the community while taking their money!

Can I just lease a spot and open up a Catholic Church? I might want to open a Jewish church too. Will the landlord allow free rent cause it's a church? You can do good for the community while taking their money!

A Jewish church. Ok

breh, you paying rent regardless TF?! I really wish they had knocced you for the shooting charge 
mean.gif

A Jewish church. Ok
roll.gif
 son dismissed it with an 'ok.' 

I know a guy who was moving all kinds of money in the 90's. Dude had a V12 Mercedes with gold rims.

He opened up a couple laundromats to wash down his money and got caught up when they found out he was charging like a dime to use the machines and was saying he brought in like 5x more than he did. dude served like 5 years in a federal prison where he learned all kinds of business stuff.

A dime though!? Smdh dead giveaway. Hope they didn't teach him that in the pen.

Back
Top Bottom