Anyone have any experience with Dealer Car Auctions? Post steals

Thinking of going next week with a dealer friend to see what they got. Ive never been there, but I hear its not uncommon to get cars 40% below market value. Any info or experiences would be helpful.

Thinking of going next week with a dealer friend to see what they got. Ive never been there, but I hear its not uncommon to get cars 40% below market value. Any info or experiences would be helpful.

my neighbor copped a 350z with some fender damage for 5g's. after paying for repairs he basically walked away with a forty thousand dollar car for 6g's.

(i dont think deals like that are that common though lol)

my neighbor copped a 350z with some fender damage for 5g's. after paying for repairs he basically walked away with a forty thousand dollar car for 6g's.

(i dont think deals like that are that common though lol)

thread is appreciated. i youtubed an auction and saw someone walk away for 2008 (or later) wrx sti hatch...usually i think of these auctions as a place for really old cars, like late 90s early 00s
nerd.gif

and info on police auctions
nerd.gif

thread is appreciated. i youtubed an auction and saw someone walk away for 2008 (or later) wrx sti hatch...usually i think of these auctions as a place for really old cars, like late 90s early 00s
nerd.gif

and info on police auctions
nerd.gif

Because it's not a 40k car anymore, far from it.

Auctions are hit or miss, you better know what you are looking for and you somewhat need to know about the vehicle you will be buying.  Most are cash only.  Cars are damaged, and you could get some very good deals.

If it's been in an accident, make sure to check for frame damage.  If the frame is damaged, the cost to fix along with the time it will take to fix will make it a pain in the %%!.  Not to mention the car will never be 100%.

Most of these cars have been in accidents, and some are repossessed and damaged by the previous owner.  Auction houses have Carfax service.

Also, the cars will have a salvaged title.

That 350Z, dudes neighbor probably wont get more than $9-$11k (Depending on the year and mileage, which can sink the value of the car even more.).  Which is a nice profit, but nowhwere near the value the same car will get without a salvaged title.  Places are cash only because banks will not issue you an auto loan for a car with a salvaged title.  Another hassle when trying to sell the car.  Also if you are trying to sell a car with a salvaged title good luck.  Most folks that chase cars with salvaged titles are broke as a joke, you think you get low balled in the B/S forum, you will get lowballed like no other.

My pops and my uncles make a decent living flipping cars from auctions up north.

Auctions are hit or miss, you better know what you are looking for and you somewhat need to know about the vehicle you will be buying.  Most are cash only.  Cars are damaged, and you could get some very good deals.

If it's been in an accident, make sure to check for frame damage.  If the frame is damaged, the cost to fix along with the time it will take to fix will make it a pain in the %%!.  Not to mention the car will never be 100%.

Most of these cars have been in accidents, and some are repossessed and damaged by the previous owner.  Auction houses have Carfax service.

That 350Z, dudes neighbor probably wont get more than $9-$11k (Depending on the year and mileage, which can sink the value of the car even more.).  Which is a nice profit, but nowhwere near the value the same car will get without a salvaged title.  Places are cash only because banks will not issue you an auto loan for a car with a salvaged title.  Another hassle when trying to sell the car.  Also if you are trying to sell a car with a salvaged title good luck.  Most folks that chase cars with salvaged titles are broke as a joke, you think you get low balled in the B/S forum, you will get lowballed like no other.

My pops and my uncles make a decent living flipping cars from auctions up north.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I thought there were plenty of clear title cars at dealer auctions? I would never buy a salvage car, flipping is almost impossible

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I thought there were plenty of clear title cars at dealer auctions? I would never buy a salvage car, flipping is almost impossible

i used to drive the cars back for my friends dad

i know he'd get extremely good steals on older cars(thats what he mostly bought and brought the quickest cash), buying them for a couple hundred bucks and flipping it for 2,000 and up

during the time i was helping him he bought a Mercedes for 7k and flipped it for 12k....and since all the cars were unlocked with the keys inside i was able to take a few to the straight away to test them out, it was pretty fun

i used to drive the cars back for my friends dad

i know he'd get extremely good steals on older cars(thats what he mostly bought and brought the quickest cash), buying them for a couple hundred bucks and flipping it for 2,000 and up

during the time i was helping him he bought a Mercedes for 7k and flipped it for 12k....and since all the cars were unlocked with the keys inside i was able to take a few to the straight away to test them out, it was pretty fun

In gonna try.to see if I can find a decent Yukon xl in a police auction or when they get towed

In gonna try.to see if I can find a decent Yukon xl in a police auction or when they get towed

They are out there, but the majority of cars at any auction are salvaged.  The cars with clear titles can be found at Police auctions.  Any other vehicle auction house is pushing salvaged vehicles that you have to fix.

Flipping isn't impossible, the good thing is that people want to stunt in cars they can't afford.  No one can see a salvaged title, until it's time to sell.  Most people that flip cars know they will only make $1k-4k on any car they get.  Like the 350z dude posted about, total cost to get it running was about $6k, but when it's time to flip the profit will be minimal.  Also, it's a major gamble, some cars don't take a lot to get them running and others may look like they don't need much but then have problems here and there that become a headache (busted heads, bad engines, burned clutches, burned out ******'s).

Years back, my pops got a '98 Honda Civic that they thought had a bad engine for about $2k.  Once they towed it to the shop and had a look at it, turned out it only had a busted water pump.

It's a risk.  I bought an Integra for cheap.  It gave me a ton of problems to the point that I went out and financed a legit car.  I sold the Integra for what I bought it for but it had a lot of engine issues.

They are out there, but the majority of cars at any auction are salvaged.  The cars with clear titles can be found at Police auctions.  Any other vehicle auction house is pushing salvaged vehicles that you have to fix.

Flipping isn't impossible, the good thing is that people want to stunt in cars they can't afford.  No one can see a salvaged title, until it's time to sell.  Most people that flip cars know they will only make $1k-4k on any car they get.  Like the 350z dude posted about, total cost to get it running was about $6k, but when it's time to flip the profit will be minimal.  Also, it's a major gamble, some cars don't take a lot to get them running and others may look like they don't need much but then have problems here and there that become a headache (busted heads, bad engines, burned clutches, burned out ******'s).

Years back, my pops got a '98 Honda Civic that they thought had a bad engine for about $2k.  Once they towed it to the shop and had a look at it, turned out it only had a busted water pump.

It's a risk.  I bought an Integra for cheap.  It gave me a ton of problems to the point that I went out and financed a legit car.  I sold the Integra for what I bought it for but it had a lot of engine issues.

I copped one with a bad engine. was looking to get that 1-2k profit
It still has a clean title too.
Im still working to fix the car and fund a move to another state.
But at least my mom will buy the car from me once its fixed.
Im only gone look at marshalls auctions from now on.
Sad part is I never had any intention of keeping the car.

I copped one with a bad engine. was looking to get that 1-2k profit
It still has a clean title too.
Im still working to fix the car and fund a move to another state.
But at least my mom will buy the car from me once its fixed.
Im only gone look at marshalls auctions from now on.
Sad part is I never had any intention of keeping the car.

I've been to numerous police auctions. Most of what you see are old box chevys with some raggedy rims on them and a sound system. Every now and then there are some nice gems but most of them have some type of body damage/engine malfuntion.

http://www.clintonautoauc...d/73/Default.aspx?c=1000

Thats the one near me (half of the pics don't work), as you cans see there isn't much happening. Not that its the same for every area though

Back
Top Bottom