Anyone have any experience with Dealer Car Auctions? Post steals

I've been to numerous police auctions. Most of what you see are old box chevys with some raggedy rims on them and a sound system. Every now and then there are some nice gems but most of them have some type of body damage/engine malfuntion.

http://www.clintonautoauc...d/73/Default.aspx?c=1000

Thats the one near me (half of the pics don't work), as you cans see there isn't much happening. Not that its the same for every area though

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by kidposite

bought a bentley gt for $20,000
wink.gif

Seriously? And good looks on the info ironman.
Flat out If your willing to repair any body damage,and the frame and engine are good
getting it for 20k and putting 20-25 k into it is feasable if your looking to stunt.
If I wanted to I would buy one of those salvage cars for a show car.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by kidposite

bought a bentley gt for $20,000
wink.gif

Seriously? And good looks on the info ironman.
Flat out If your willing to repair any body damage,and the frame and engine are good
getting it for 20k and putting 20-25 k into it is feasable if your looking to stunt.
If I wanted to I would buy one of those salvage cars for a show car.

What about insurance on salvage titled cars etc? I am going to come back to the states and want to cop a car for $2k or less and use it for about 1.5 years or so. Any chance I could find something decent at one of these things?

What about insurance on salvage titled cars etc? I am going to come back to the states and want to cop a car for $2k or less and use it for about 1.5 years or so. Any chance I could find something decent at one of these things?

The difference between Auction and Retail is probably not what most of you think it is.  I have been in the auto business since 2003. You might get a car for about 4k less than what they sell on the lot for, depending on who's at the auction that day. I've stolen some cars at the auction but then there were times where I watch cars at auction do more than retail.  
WIll you pay less @ auction? Yeah but the idea of getting a car that retails for 30k for 20k is pretty inaccurate.

You also have to factor in the buy fee which ranges from 200-700 depending on selling price of the vehicle.

Those public police/FBI/ auctions are trash BTW.

The difference between Auction and Retail is probably not what most of you think it is.  I have been in the auto business since 2003. You might get a car for about 4k less than what they sell on the lot for, depending on who's at the auction that day. I've stolen some cars at the auction but then there were times where I watch cars at auction do more than retail.  
WIll you pay less @ auction? Yeah but the idea of getting a car that retails for 30k for 20k is pretty inaccurate.

You also have to factor in the buy fee which ranges from 200-700 depending on selling price of the vehicle.

Originally Posted by eldorado36

Is it true there are reserve prices set at dealer auctions? Also where can I find the list of what will be there/ previous weeks.

Originally Posted by eldorado36

Is it true there are reserve prices set at dealer auctions? Also where can I find the list of what will be there/ previous weeks.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I thought there were plenty of clear title cars at dealer auctions? I would never buy a salvage car, flipping is almost impossible
They are out there, but the majority of cars at any auction are salvaged.  The cars with clear titles can be found at Police auctions.  Any other vehicle auction house is pushing salvaged vehicles that you have to fix.

are you talking about public or private auctions?  my mom works at a private one and there are only certain days for salvage sales where she works.  we've actually found tons of deals through the auction and the dealers are able to look up the listings the day of the sale, test drive them, and have a mechanic look at them before they go through with the sale.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I thought there were plenty of clear title cars at dealer auctions? I would never buy a salvage car, flipping is almost impossible
They are out there, but the majority of cars at any auction are salvaged.  The cars with clear titles can be found at Police auctions.  Any other vehicle auction house is pushing salvaged vehicles that you have to fix.

are you talking about public or private auctions?  my mom works at a private one and there are only certain days for salvage sales where she works.  we've actually found tons of deals through the auction and the dealers are able to look up the listings the day of the sale, test drive them, and have a mechanic look at them before they go through with the sale.

Yes, all sellers have the right to "NO SALE" the car if the vehicle doesnt meet a "reserve".

You cant view the auction run lists without access.  The most common sight for the auto industry is www.manhiem.com but you will need a dealers license to register.  You can bid on cars in real time via simulcast at any auction in the USA from the site.

Yes, all sellers have the right to "NO SALE" the car if the vehicle doesnt meet a "reserve".

You cant view the auction run lists without access.  The most common sight for the auto industry is www.manhiem.com but you will need a dealers license to register.  You can bid on cars in real time via simulcast at any auction in the USA from the site.

my grandfather took me to 1 in PA. i want to say it was called the mason-dixon auto auction but im not sure. it was my first time and definitely an experience. speaking from my experience, get there early and tae a look at all the cars and narrow down your list. i got an 01 mercury sable for about 1300. just be aware of all the fees and what not. but like its been mentioned its pretty hit or miss so you might just luck up.

my grandfather took me to 1 in PA. i want to say it was called the mason-dixon auto auction but im not sure. it was my first time and definitely an experience. speaking from my experience, get there early and tae a look at all the cars and narrow down your list. i got an 01 mercury sable for about 1300. just be aware of all the fees and what not. but like its been mentioned its pretty hit or miss so you might just luck up.

Back
Top Bottom