Anyone here like GRADUATION more than LR & CD?

Graduation is hands down his best album and the only one of his albums I even revisit. He did all the right things on Graduation, good beats, good lyrics,stepped his flow up and the number one most important thing to me in making a great album all the way through, NO INTROS. Nothing ruins an album more to methan an excess of intros. Truthfully the only misstep on Graduation is Barry Bonds because the beat is whatever and it has Lil Wayne on it and he candefinitely ruin any song. But Graduation is definitely his best album and just a good album period. It was one of those albums that was actually a joy tolisten to.

YO!
I could have done without Barry Bonds as the middle track, heck I could have done without it all together.
Can I be the only person who actually LIKES that track?

And dudes are buggin'. Late Registration is a masterpiece. Like my man said, College Dropout didn't age well. But that's the majesty of LR. It hasthe soul of CD without the dated sampling. It doesn't have the "anthems" that Graduation has ("Can't Tell Me Nothing", "GoodLife") but it has heart. Real life *%*@.

LR >>> 808 = CD > Graduation

DF!!!

I agree with Ant and have always said this, LR is a MASTERPIECE of modern hip hop. The work he did with Jon Brion on that album...no other artist couldvepulled off that album. It is how you make a complete artistic work in hip hop from start to finish. I can talk for days about that album, his others not somuch. Graduation and 808s certainly weren't up to par as they weren't as tight, and College Dropout always felt like a stepping stone to an evengreater album, which Late Registration ultimately is. One of my fav albums of the past 10 yrs and im not even that big a Kanye guy.

YO!
Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

I can talk for days about that album, his others not so much... College Dropout always felt like a stepping stone to an even greater album, which Late Registration ultimately is.

DF!!!

i enjoy graduation more than cd but i was more blown away with cd when it dropped compared to when graduation dropped. cd was something i wasnt really used tohearing when it came out.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
I could have done without Barry Bonds as the middle track, heck I could have done without it all together.

DF!!!
nah. his swag was on 10 hilarious on that one. weezy coulda had a better verse though.

anyway, can i be the only person who actually LIKES (or DOESN'T hate) Drunk and Hot Girls?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I find Graduation to be Kanye's worst lyrical effort on any album to date. After that I'm not even really checking for dude. doesn't help hedoesn't even write all his shh. The album was good production wise.

I agree with the LR talk. I love the direction he went in with that, topics, content, etc. Never viewed it as dark tho. CD is good but doesn't compare.

Although College Dropout is his masterpiece, most sleep on how good late registration is.

Drive Slow
Heard em say
Diamonds
Late

Originally Posted by bud dink

No skits. 1 filler (DandH girls). Great production value. Less whack featured guest. Graduation is my favorite Kanye output.
eyes.gif
Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls were both boo boo. Thealbum flowed well, but as an overall effort I can't say it's better than College Dropout or Late Registration. College Dropout has times where it movesmy spirit. Late Registration probably has the best production out of any of his albums. I like 808's and Heartbreaks too, but I don't compare it tothese albums because it's a different genre and is too emotional.

man yall buggin I get down with "Drunk and Hot Girls" too
laugh.gif
. never skip it. Barry Bonds is dope minus Weezy's verse. Flashing Lights is justbeautiful. Graduation you could tell the transition into the super emo fest known as "808s and Headaches"

LR is still his best to me. We Major, Gone, On My Way Home, Late (my life's story), Drive Slow, Diamonds, Crack Music. LR probably has the least amount ofskippable tracks (I always skip the Brandy song).

808s =
sick.gif

i think that's good though.

everyone comes in and has a different favorite of his.

just goes to show you how his music resonates with people with various musical interests.

College Dropout is my favorite Kanye album, followed closely by Late Registration.

Graduation is a distant third. Very distant.

I refuse to listen to 808's and Heartbreak.

imo, LR is his best album, CD second, Graduation third, and 808's fourth.
Originally Posted by Boys Noize

C'mon man, I spect more from an open minded individual like yourself. Have you given the album a try yet? or you're just refusing to give it a spin?

All you need to listen to is what's been played.

#$#+ is trash. Kanye has deteriorated since LR, there's no need to further drive home the point by listening to that

I don't know, as classic as CD is...i really can't listen to it that much anymore...all the songs are really played out and as far as agingLR/Graduation have aged MUCH MUCH better...Straight Anthems on Graduation and LR has heat + musical genius...not to mention i love 808's...

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

DF!!!
nah. his swag was on 10 hilarious on that one. weezy coulda had a better verse though.

anyway, can i be the only person who actually LIKES (or DOESN'T hate) Drunk and Hot Girls?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're not alone, my dude. If nothing else, the DAHG beat is epic. [Steve Nash] Yeah, I said it. [/Steve Nash]

Dudes really dislike Graduation this much? The only songs I don't like are Champion and The Glory (because of their beats. I know I'll get flambayedfor this.)

Back
Top Bottom