Anyone here on Niketalk into PC Builds? Volume 1: Nerd Hobby lol

Just built my 1st PC System..nothing too high end, just something to listen to music and movies, and a little bit of gaming:

9gdidj.jpg
(SSD hd not included in the pic, just installed it today)

The specs:

Intel Core i5 2400 LGA 1155 Boxed Processor -$130
 Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 LGA1156 H55 mATX Motherboard - $100
HIS H575FN1GD Radeon HD 5750 iCooler IV 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card - got it for a steal for $30
devil.gif

1GB 7200 RPM Caviar Black -$40
64GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 2.5" G2 Series Solid State Drive (SSD) With SandForce 1222 Controller - $50
 Gigabyte GZ-X2 Black Mid Tower - $30
4gb CRUCIAL DDR3 RAM -$30

not bad for $410 ..looking forward to building better PC's in the near future. just wanted to share. Took me about a month to scavenger parts and pieces, but it was all worth it in the end

Just built my 1st PC System..nothing too high end, just something to listen to music and movies, and a little bit of gaming:

9gdidj.jpg
(SSD hd not included in the pic, just installed it today)

The specs:

Intel Core i5 2400 LGA 1155 Boxed Processor -$130
 Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 LGA1156 H55 mATX Motherboard - $100
HIS H575FN1GD Radeon HD 5750 iCooler IV 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card - got it for a steal for $30
devil.gif

1GB 7200 RPM Caviar Black -$40
64GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 2.5" G2 Series Solid State Drive (SSD) With SandForce 1222 Controller - $50
 Gigabyte GZ-X2 Black Mid Tower - $30
4gb CRUCIAL DDR3 RAM -$30

not bad for $410 ..looking forward to building better PC's in the near future. just wanted to share. Took me about a month to scavenger parts and pieces, but it was all worth it in the end

Nice. A DIY build is the only way to go to get the best bang for ur buck. U do need to share the info on where u got ur SSD for so cheap

Nice. A DIY build is the only way to go to get the best bang for ur buck. U do need to share the info on where u got ur SSD for so cheap

I usually built mine in the past but got a steal on this HP Elite HPE-410F for $475 - Can't complain, especially dealing with buying all the separate parts, putting it together and having to deal with the OS.

AMD Phenom II 1045 Six-Core Processor
ATI Radeon HD 5570 Series graphics card w/1GB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory
8GB DDR3 system Memory
1TB Hard Drive
Blu Ray Player & SuperMulti DVD Burner w/Lightscribe
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n

I usually built mine in the past but got a steal on this HP Elite HPE-410F for $475 - Can't complain, especially dealing with buying all the separate parts, putting it together and having to deal with the OS.

AMD Phenom II 1045 Six-Core Processor
ATI Radeon HD 5570 Series graphics card w/1GB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory
8GB DDR3 system Memory
1TB Hard Drive
Blu Ray Player & SuperMulti DVD Burner w/Lightscribe
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n

I've never built one before but I plan to build one in the future ( not for a while b/c I'm getting a laptop soon). Btw, does anybody know a site where I can check which RAM is compatiable with my computer? I think I have a dell xps 400 from 2005ish and have been wanting to upgrade the ram for a while..

I've never built one before but I plan to build one in the future ( not for a while b/c I'm getting a laptop soon). Btw, does anybody know a site where I can check which RAM is compatiable with my computer? I think I have a dell xps 400 from 2005ish and have been wanting to upgrade the ram for a while..

thanks for the reply everyone! i got it from microcenter and they had a 50% off clearance sale with a lot of their pc items...i've used the ssd mainly for the OS startup (boots up in 30 secs
eek.gif
)

oh yeah the monitor is money too! 24" Dell ST2410 for $50..also got it at microcenter
laugh.gif

nvw652.jpg

2jfyjok.jpg

OS is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

thanks for the reply everyone! i got it from microcenter and they had a 50% off clearance sale with a lot of their pc items...i've used the ssd mainly for the OS startup (boots up in 30 secs
eek.gif
)

oh yeah the monitor is money too! 24" Dell ST2410 for $50..also got it at microcenter
laugh.gif

nvw652.jpg

2jfyjok.jpg

the ###%...when was this microcenter sale?

eek.gif

got my 60gb sandforce ssd back in november for $60 from newegg though...

the ###%...when was this microcenter sale?

eek.gif

got my 60gb sandforce ssd back in november for $60 from newegg though...

Congrads. Why it gotta be a nerd hobby tho
grin.gif

Im actually in the process in building a rig right now but some people are having problems with their X6 motherboards so im kinda in limbo at the moment.

Congrads. Why it gotta be a nerd hobby tho
grin.gif

Im actually in the process in building a rig right now but some people are having problems with their X6 motherboards so im kinda in limbo at the moment.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

eek.gif
)

laugh.gif

nvw652.jpg

2jfyjok.jpg

MICROCENTER is off that freeway when your on your way to IRVINE ?

Back
Top Bottom