Anyone here on Niketalk into PC Builds? Volume 1: Nerd Hobby lol

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

thanks for the reply everyone! i got it from microcenter and they had a 50% off clearance sale with a lot of their pc items...i've used the ssd mainly for the OS startup (boots up in 30 secs
eek.gif
)

oh yeah the monitor is money too! 24" Dell ST2410 for $50..also got it at microcenter
laugh.gif

nvw652.jpg

2jfyjok.jpg

OS is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
MICROCENTER is off that freeway when your on your way to IRVINE ?

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

the ###%...when was this microcenter sale?

eek.gif

got my 60gb sandforce ssd back in november for $60 from newegg though...

it was this past weekend..they were getting rid of a lot of clearance and demo items because they were going through inventory next week.

still waiting for a blu-ray drive to go down in price...patience is indeed key
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

the ###%...when was this microcenter sale?

eek.gif

got my 60gb sandforce ssd back in november for $60 from newegg though...

it was this past weekend..they were getting rid of a lot of clearance and demo items because they were going through inventory next week.

still waiting for a blu-ray drive to go down in price...patience is indeed key
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sladewilson

thanks for the reply everyone! i got it from microcenter and they had a 50% off clearance sale with a lot of their pc items...i've used the ssd mainly for the OS startup (boots up in 30 secs
eek.gif
)

oh yeah the monitor is money too! 24" Dell ST2410 for $50..also got it at microcenter
laugh.gif

nvw652.jpg

2jfyjok.jpg

there are 2 microcenter locations in santa clara and irvine. they have the best prices next to newegg and they will pricematch any price
devil.gif
pimp.gif

good luck! just gotta be patient when it comes to items if u want to get bargains
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by sladewilson

eek.gif
)

laugh.gif

nvw652.jpg

2jfyjok.jpg

there are 2 microcenter locations in santa clara and irvine. they have the best prices next to newegg and they will pricematch any price
devil.gif
pimp.gif

good luck! just gotta be patient when it comes to items if u want to get bargains
tongue.gif

I like your build OP

How you gonna pick up a Radeon 5750 for $30 though
sick.gif
pimp.gif

For $410, you got a major steal. SSD, i5, 4gb DDR3 and the 5750...

I want to build my own computer again. Some day, I put together a computer with an i7, 2 SSDs and 12gb of RAM
devil.gif

I like your build OP

How you gonna pick up a Radeon 5750 for $30 though
sick.gif
pimp.gif

For $410, you got a major steal. SSD, i5, 4gb DDR3 and the 5750...

I want to build my own computer again. Some day, I put together a computer with an i7, 2 SSDs and 12gb of RAM
devil.gif

Microcenter is now in my favorites along w/ Newegg and Tigerdirect. I'm gon start buildin after I buy my wife a netbook.

Microcenter is now in my favorites along w/ Newegg and Tigerdirect. I'm gon start buildin after I buy my wife a netbook.

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

I've never built one before but I plan to build one in the future ( not for a while b/c I'm getting a laptop soon). Btw, does anybody know a site where I can check which RAM is compatiable with my computer? I think I have a dell xps 400 from 2005ish and have been wanting to upgrade the ram for a while..

PC2-4200/5300 DDR2 SDRAM..Im still using my XPS400 from early 06' i think, added two 1GB ram few years back. its been a very good pc since i got it. now that i need i new pc.. im thinking of getting a new XPS or building my 1st pc. I leaning towards building my own pc.

I want to build AMD X6 under $800 (no monitor)..Ive been spending hours on pc forums/youtube learning things i dont understand at the moment. I want my pc to have a clean cable management so Case and sleeved cable is what im into right now. im worried about wiring before now its the installing of drivers and OS...i dont know which 1 should go 1st. anyone?

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

I've never built one before but I plan to build one in the future ( not for a while b/c I'm getting a laptop soon). Btw, does anybody know a site where I can check which RAM is compatiable with my computer? I think I have a dell xps 400 from 2005ish and have been wanting to upgrade the ram for a while..

PC2-4200/5300 DDR2 SDRAM..Im still using my XPS400 from early 06' i think, added two 1GB ram few years back. its been a very good pc since i got it. now that i need i new pc.. im thinking of getting a new XPS or building my 1st pc. I leaning towards building my own pc.

I want to build AMD X6 under $800 (no monitor)..Ive been spending hours on pc forums/youtube learning things i dont understand at the moment. I want my pc to have a clean cable management so Case and sleeved cable is what im into right now. im worried about wiring before now its the installing of drivers and OS...i dont know which 1 should go 1st. anyone?

yes i generally build or upgrade every 2 years but with intel upgrading is never an option
mad.gif

and comment about your comp

please fix those wires
get a better heatsink. generic heat sinks irk me, i hate them

yes i generally build or upgrade every 2 years but with intel upgrading is never an option
mad.gif

and comment about your comp

please fix those wires
get a better heatsink. generic heat sinks irk me, i hate them

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

i wish i was pc savvy

Me too. I would love to build a nice gaming pc, but don't even know where to start. Seems expensive too.

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

i wish i was pc savvy

Me too. I would love to build a nice gaming pc, but don't even know where to start. Seems expensive too.

@shatterkneesinc- i'll try to clean up my wiring inside with wire clutters..its my first pc build mane
laugh.gif

the heatsink will be replaced eventually..wait and see
smile.gif

@swendro88- just think about the amount of money people spend on shoes and clothes, you can do it on pc parts as well
laugh.gif
the key thing is getting parts one by one, so that way it wont end up being expensive. im not really pc savvy i just got some help with a friend and he showed me what to do and i did the building part. once you get the hang of it it's a piece of cake
devil.gif

@shatterkneesinc- i'll try to clean up my wiring inside with wire clutters..its my first pc build mane
laugh.gif

the heatsink will be replaced eventually..wait and see
smile.gif

@swendro88- just think about the amount of money people spend on shoes and clothes, you can do it on pc parts as well
laugh.gif
the key thing is getting parts one by one, so that way it wont end up being expensive. im not really pc savvy i just got some help with a friend and he showed me what to do and i did the building part. once you get the hang of it it's a piece of cake
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom