Anyone miss Kobe going off for 50, 60 pts?

I know I am, I wanna see him make all those impossible fadeaways and hear the net cuff as he drains it.
So you rather see _obe go off for 50+ and lose?

Why is there no K in his name? Cuz he doesn't get strikeouts... wtf...?

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

Originally Posted by dland24

I really dont want to turn this into a "should Steve Nash have won 2 MVP awards thread," but if Kobe does not win the MVP this year, it is going to completely invalidate the MVPs won by nash. Nash won the MVPs because he led his team well, rather than putting up ridiculous stats. If Kobe doesnt win the MVP for basically doing the same thing Nash did, then it will completely invalidate Nash's MVP awards. They might as well just call them character awards.

Kobe doesn't make the Lakers as much better as Steve Nash makes the Suns, as Chris Paul makes the Hornets, as Kevin Garnett makes the Celtics, as Dwight Howard makes the Magic, as LeBron makes the Cavaliers.
Until he makes the Lakers better than anyone else makes their team, he's not going to win MVP. And when he doesn't, it won't discredit anyone else winning it.

These people voting for the MVPs see how good Kobe is, they aren't blind. But Kobe hasn't been the Most Valuable Player to any team. Individually separated off a team he is the probably the most valuable player in the league, but that's not what the award is about. There is no conspiracy to keep Kobe down.

The people who say Steve Nash didn't deserve to win the MVPs clearly didn't spend much time watching him or the Suns play. If you watch the Suns play you would notice that when Steve Nash takes a rest, 90% of the time the Suns go into a serious lull on offense. Steve Nash is the reason the Suns offense is so good. If it weren't for him, I don't think Amare or Shawn Marion would easily make the All Star team.
Once again, I didnt want to turn this into a Steve Nash argument, but you clearly dont watch the Suns games either. As good as he makes his team onoffense, is as bad as he makes them on defense. Sure he runs a great offense, but he makes the rest of his team play 4 on 5 defense. So really how much betterdoes he make them? If you dont think Kobe makes his team better, you are clearly an idiot. Your argument is SOOO flawed with the players you chose to back itup with. Kobe makes his team better than Dwight Howard does. Same with Chris Paul and Kevin Garnett. I might be able to buy LeBron because his team is so awfulanyways.

I miss those too, and i'm not even a Laker fan.
laugh.gif

I still cant believe the lakers are doing so good. Kobes bein a team player cant be mad about that.

I def appreciate the team contributing shows that Kobe can be a team player if his teammates show up.

I'm a big Kobe fan and I'm happy his team is having success but I still miss those 40 and 50 point runs he went on...

you know he could still go after it anytime he wanted to but it's just not necessary anymore...

but he'll have a few 50 point games before the seasons over.

i'm not a laker fan but...

I want Kobe to go OFF a couple of times during this year...he's playing great, as is the rest of his teammates, but he's my fav. player and dudes likehim come once every generation...I'm glad to say I lived to see one of the greatest basketball players of all time (and he's JUST TURNING 30!)

The people who say Steve Nash didn't deserve to win the MVPs clearly didn't spend much time watching him or the Suns play.

And the people who keep saying Nash deserved TWO MVPs clearly spend TOO much time watching him and the Suns and not any other player in the L.

Most Laker fans know that I really can't stand Snake Bauer. But even I, (EVEN I) will readily admit he should've won the award that year. He led histeam to the playoffs AND put up ridiculous (not good, but RIDICULOUS) stats as well.

So let's look at your statement:

If you watch the Suns play you would notice that when Steve Nash takes a rest, 90% of the time the Suns go into a serious lull on offense.
Did you even watch the Lakers that year?? Whenever Dirty Snake wasn't in the game, that team was TRASH. A rookie Bynum. Smush. Cookie Monster.Hands of Stone Brown. Etc.

So your quote should be corrected to say this:

If you watch the Suns Lakers play you would notice that when Steve Nash 24 takes a rest, 90% 100% of the time the Suns Lakers would go into a serious lull on offense.

i miss it but we're winning & that's all that really matters

As long as his team is winning (and hopefully win a championship years later), I dont care if he averages just a measly 20pts. "Measly" consideringits Kobe.

I can live without him exploding for 40+ for the rest of his career if it means winning a championship(s).

Kobe has been shooting like garbage this year. if he gets his stroke back, this team is gonna be scary...

i think kobe's definitely a top mvp candidate. the lakers are 15-5 against the western conference, and leading the western conference in pointdifferential.

most people predicted that the lakers would be another 7 or 8 seed, but they are competing with the top teams out west.

he's sacrificed his own individual offensive game, while bolstering his defensive game, for the benefit of the team.

he has 0 all stars playing next to him.

dwight has shard

lebron has Z (.500 team in east)

kg has ray and pierce (lose to crappy bobcats without ray)

duncan has parker and ginobili

paul has peja

nash has marion, stoudamire

but 0 all stars on kobe's team.

i don't see how you can "lead" a team when you already have 2 established all stars on that team (suns). people who said that the suns withoutnash were worse off than the lakers without kobe are ridiculous.

kobe has to be a top 2 candidate for mvp.

1. I miss Kobe not scoring 50-60.

2. Steve nash should have won 3 in a row. With the exception of a player or 2 no one on phoenix puts up those #'s without steve nash. espescially shawn (Iwant more money than I deserve) marion. The guy can't shoot, post, dribble, pass, etc.

You can bank on Kobe going off at some point in the season, just to show everyone he could still do it.

Like NK said, wait till Kobe get's his stoke back...

No, no, NO.

I don't miss it one bit.

It's a mentality thing. Trust me, Kobe could get 50 tonight if he really had that mindset. I'm fully confident of that. I am fully confident that hecould get 40 every single night, no matter who he played. Yes, I just said that I believe he could average 40 a game. How many shots would he have to take toget that? I don't know, but some nights, it would be a ton of shots; I know that. But he could do it. Average 40 a game? Get 60 four or five times a year?

He could.

But we'd be 9 kinds of craptastic, I know that.

So no, I don't miss those games one single bit.

*waits for someone to say that I think it's Kobe's fault we sucked before*

I didn't say that, so don't respond to me like I said that.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom