anyone own a t shirt company??

anyone on here own a t shirt company??
or at least have trademarked there ideas and started slightly producing t shirts with your designs??

i got a couple questions if you have
i been thinking about putting some designs on t shirts
and well need some advice/help with it

my questions are how do i go about putting the designs on the t shirt??
whats a good way of getting them started about pringting the designs on the shirt
i want something that wont just fade away all quick but yet again some what cheap
next thing is do you guys just guy plain white tees o maybe sew them together by yourself
considering when i was in middle school i had home ec and made our own shirts and all that good stuff

if anyone has any experience they might wanna share and help a young lad out please do so lol

also all in all what would be the easiest way of getting this rolling thanks!!!

A lot of people print their designs on American Apparel tees because they are good quality.

But the t-shirt market is pretty flooded, it won't be easy..

Originally Posted by SNKR INDSTRY JOSHBASKIN

How old are you and where do you see this idea going?

im about to turn 20 in the next month
an i mean i dont want it to be all famous an stuff i obviously dont want it over flow right now
i just want someting for me to start being productive and the feel of business and all that
my main thing was just to see people peers around me to start rocking them and for people to see my ideas on t shirts

Originally Posted by SNKR INDSTRY JOSHBASKIN

How old are you and where do you see this idea going?

im about to turn 20 in the next month
an i mean i dont want it to be all famous an stuff i obviously dont want it over flow right now
i just want someting for me to start being productive and the feel of business and all that
my main thing was just to see people peers around me to start rocking them and for people to see my ideas on t shirts

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

A lot of people print their designs on American Apparel tees because they are good quality.

But the t-shirt market is pretty flooded, it won't be easy..

yeash thats the oter thing i saw is that it is pretty flooded but i think its still douable considering i got nothing to do
and have alot of time on my hands and would really like to see people rocking my ideas on there shirt
im going to college for business but im seeing its kinda pointless so might as well start someting right now

also where would i get them american apparel shirts at??
do they have a website??
also where would i go get the designs printed at??
and what is the best way to print them on there??

It's pretty easy actually. In the most basic sense this is what you've got to do:

1)Make your designs in Photoshop/Illustrator

2)Purchase blank tees (you can do this from the screen printer, but they're usually cheaper if you buy in bulk elsewhere, if you like the streewear cut you want Alstyle 1701, you can get cheaper similar tees from Anvil and Gildan, too)

3) Get in contact with a local screenprinter via Google (you'll want to do it locally at first, especially if you don't know exactly what you're doing; Most screenprinters start with a minimum of 24 or 48 tees per graphic, but you can change the tee color during the run, so it really isn't that many)

Originally Posted by 55steep

It's pretty easy actually. In the most basic sense this is what you've got to do:

2)Purchase blank tees (you can do this from the screen printer, but they're usually cheaper if you buy in bulk elsewhere, if you like the streewear cut you want Alstyle 1701, you can get cheaper similar tees from Anvil and Gildan, too)

3) Get in contact with a local screenprinter via Google (you'll want to do it locally at first, especially if you don't know exactly what you're doing; Most screenprinters start with a minimum of 24 or 48 tees per graphic, but you can change the tee color during the run, so it really isn't that many)

ok im fairly new with all these so please bare with my questions lol
ok how do i start a photoshop/illustrator??
second im in the process of buying plain white tees should i buy just the size that fits me o a lil of small,medioum,large an xl??
and lastly could you point me out to a screenprinter??
does the screen printer process work out good? with the design being able to be washable proof not fall off etc??

thanks for all this help you guys rock! =]

Originally Posted by 55steep

ok im fairly new with all these so please bare with my questions lol
ok how do i start a photoshop/illustrator??
second im in the process of buying plain white tees should i buy just the size that fits me o a lil of small,medioum,large an xl??
and lastly could you point me out to a screenprinter??
does the screen printer process work out good? with the design being able to be washable proof not fall off etc??

thanks for all this help you guys rock! =]

You need to start doing your design's in a computer generated graphics, its going to take some time to learn so i hope your not in a big rush. Photoshop/illustrator are very complex if you dont know what you're doing. im pretty decent at photoshop, but i cant get the hang of illustrator for my life. you should start watching tutorials of ps on youtube. also your going to need the acutal ps program so thats a bit tough if your not computer savvy.

Like the above poster said, the first thing you need to do is learn either, or both, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. If you're in school your school probably offers classes in them. If you're not, take a class in them at a community college next term. If you want to be a designer you've got to be able to design plain and simple.

Your best bet for a screen printer is finding one locally and getting in contact with them.

I have three companies....

quit while your ahead

no competition

You know LRG? Yeah thats me

Call me Ben BAaara

didnt the boys from Orisue use to post on here? I remember seeing them post waaay back...before it was even called Orisue.

To be completely honest -- either plan to take intensive design and graphic skills courses, or don't waste your time trying.

A lot of your questions are almost too basic, and outside of a hobby that'd result in a few shirts for your friends to wear, you'll be wasting a lot of time and money.

Do you have a few examples of designs you'd like to print on shirts?

Originally Posted by leothegod

You need to start doing your design's in a computer generated graphics, its going to take some time to learn so i hope your not in a big rush. Photoshop/illustrator are very complex if you dont know what you're doing. im pretty decent at photoshop, but i cant get the hang of illustrator for my life. you should start watching tutorials of ps on youtube. also your going to need the acutal ps program so thats a bit tough if your not computer savvy.

cool thakns for the feedback my school does offer this and ima take it next year
thanks for all the opinons and help you guys
hopefully here soon i can show you guys some photoshop designs

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

I have three companies....

quit while your ahead

no competition

You know LRG? Yeah thats me

Call me Ben BAaara
*waits for kicktionare to come back and give himself e-props*
laugh.gif

post starter: illustrator is a must or maybe ask around to see if any of your homies are proficient in it. like someone else said, youtubes is pretty good with tutorials; i learn all of my photoshop stuff on there.

Back
Top Bottom