Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

I tried to use Apple pay at cvs/McDonald's and it wouldn't work :frown:
I don't know why it wouldn't. Haven't tried it since for fear of seeming dumb :lol:

Last edited:
I tried to use Apple pay at cvs/McDonald's and it wouldn't work :frown:
I don't know why it wouldn't. Haven't tried it since for fear of seeming dumb :lol:

Last I heard CVS blocked apple pay because they are developing an electronic payment system of their own. Not sure about Mcdonalds

Saw these in stores finally.

Feels pretty high quality. I don't get it, why would anyone buy a screen protector for it. The glass is sapphire isn't it? That's what high end watches use such as Rolex, AP, Patek, and Invicta use and no one is putting a screen protector on it.

The Apple Watch, at least for me, needs to be truly revolutionary for me to get it.

I mean, that's what it takes for mass adoption, right? Something leaps and bounds better than what we already have (see word processor over typewriter, email over snail mail, automobile over steam engine, etc).

I've also heard new hardware could be pushed for this Holiday season as Apple may be in a haste to get things right.

Either way, I have 8 months remaining on my ATT Next plan. I can buy out and trade in my current phone, get an iPhone, and buy the watch if it were that serious, but thinking about after the novelty wears off it probably won't be worth it to me. I'll wait to see what software/hardware is announced in the coming months before going any further.

Holiday release?!? Yikes!

Saw these in stores finally.

Feels pretty high quality. I don't get it, why would anyone buy a screen protector for it. The glass is sapphire isn't it? That's what high end watches use such as Rolex, AP, Patek, and Invicta use and no one is putting a screen protector on it.

The sport edition isn't sapphire crystal...only the apple watch edition and higher is. That being said; I have the sport and haven't scratched the screen yet, and I've worn it everyday all day since I bought it.

I've also heard new hardware could be pushed for this Holiday season as Apple may be in a haste to get things right.

Either way, I have 8 months remaining on my ATT Next plan. I can buy out and trade in my current phone, get an iPhone, and buy the watch if it were that serious, but thinking about after the novelty wears off it probably won't be worth it to me. I'll wait to see what software/hardware is announced in the coming months before going any further.

Apple would be crazy to push out new hardware at Christmas...even if its ready. That would totally alienate those who already bought and why would you tick off your most loyal customers. They'd be better served to drop an OS update that gives the watch new fuctionality before Christmas to stir hype again.

^^ awesome find! Will definitely get the gold one if I pick up the watch tomorrow as planned!

NICE!
I've been looking for a good stainless strap. Just ordered it. Hope the quality is as good as the reviews state.
lettuce know.

also looking for a good combo charging mount for the watch and phone if anyone has one and recommends it. 
nerd.gif

Picked up a sport last week, never owned any kind of watch and the apple watch or any smart watch for the matter just are cool watches. I don't think they necessarily have to be or do much more then they do now. A decent low entry Regular watch will probably be in the 150-250 range so paying a little more for this or any smartwatch to get notifications and health features are just cool little functionality bonuses. Ill upgrade again once the watch can be stand alone and include cellular functions. I know samsung have a model with a sim slot and there is also the LG Urbane LTE, hopefully it happens on the apple watch by the third revision.

Last edited:
This sports band smells like death after a long days work

I have had mine for 2 months now. I run with it 5 days a week, while sweating in the hot and humid weather. I have ran with it almost 200miles and mine's definitely doesn't smell. Sucks to have smelly wrists I guess.

:nerd:

Last edited:
I have had mine for 2 months now. I run with it 5 days a week, while sweating in the hot and humid weather. I have ran with it almost 200miles and mine's definitely doesn't smell. Sucks to have smelly wrists I guess.

:nerd:

Same here..work out in mine 3=5 times a week..zero smell.

Anyone use an apple watch to track runs?

I'm usually one to never run with my phone but I just bought a flipbelt and think running with my phone will be more tolerable. I have a Fitbit surge right now but besides running it does nothing for me. Was thinking about getting the Apple watch since I can use it during runs and have use for it thoughout the day. Only downside is that I'd have to have my phone with me during the runs.

Also, I bought the surge due to HR tracking and was wondering if the Apple watch does this while running also it is it set more at random intervals?

Thanks!

Anyone use an apple watch to track runs?

I'm usually one to never run with my phone but I just bought a flipbelt and think running with my phone will be more tolerable. I have a Fitbit surge right now but besides running it does nothing for me. Was thinking about getting the Apple watch since I can use it during runs and have use for it thoughout the day. Only downside is that I'd have to have my phone with me during the runs.

Also, I bought the surge due to HR tracking and was wondering if the Apple watch does this while running also it is it set more at random intervals?

Thanks!

You only have to take your iphone with you the first few runs to get calibrated, once it's calibrated the watch does a pretty dang good job of tracking your runs by itself. I've found that the data apple watch collects on my runs (pace, distance, calories, HR) is pretty dead on w/o my phone. ZDnet did a review and found the same.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/running-with-the-apple-watch-yes-you-can-leave-your-iphone-behind/

PS - the watch tracks your HR throughout your Workout and gives you an average at the end...not sure what you mean by random intervals.

Back
Top Bottom