Anyone Try Extended Fasting (Intermittent fasting, water fasting, etc)

I’m currently day 1 into doing a 3 day water fast.

I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for years now but wanted to try this out. Has anyone tried an extended fast before ?

Used to do OMAD daily.. but I've done 2 & 3 day water fasts in the past before. First day was easy as hell but that third day was always the toughest mentally to finish

When that Phil Mickelson story came out about him doing it, I tried it. It’s hard to do if you have a consistent job, I remember I was all over the place.

For example, went to the library and got a library card :lol:

I just did celery and water. Then two days into it I had some Turkey deli meat in the fridge, took a bite, and it was like euphoria went through my entire body, fingertips, all of it. I wrapped “intermittent fasting” up right then and there.

Intermittent fast 5 days a week (16 to 24 hrs) going on 7 months. Its not fun at first but you get used to it.

I dont know what a water fast is but I think im good on that. :lol:

i’ve done IF a few times. usually 6 hour window. one of the times i did it for 2 months and ate whatever and i gained weight. CICO 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did a lot back in the day so it made things like a 3 day or alternate day fasting easier. Started ADF again recently, but that 24hr mark keeps getting me.

I currently do a full fast, no food or water for 24hrs, every other week as a reset. I've done IF in the past with great success, but I wasn't able to remain consistent with it and fell off.

Did a lot back in the day so it made things like a 3 day or alternate day fasting easier. Started ADF again recently, but that 24hr mark keeps getting me.
Day one was easy. The main thing that’s difficult is that it just makes it feel like the day takes longer to go by since all I’m thinking about is food lol

Day one was easy. The main thing that’s difficult is that it just makes it feel like the day takes longer to go by since all I’m thinking about is food lol
Yeah gotta stay productive throughout, try to stay away from things that can trigger cravings like that darn NT food thread. It almost feels like a boost in focus sometimes. The cravings are the worst because the hunger/hunger pains aren't real, not a damn thing will happen to you if you don't eat for a day or two.

For me coffee is a must, curbs cravings. Good mineral water like Topo Chico helps, have it when you would have a meal or that hunger creeps in and it's like a treat. I do that or some tea. Don't forget your electrolytes.

ha! 6 hour eating window. 2pm-8pm.

doing that, plus diet planning, plus exercise was great. doing that and eating whatever and no exercise was crap.

Yea you still have to exercise and watch what you eat. I lost 25lbs doing it but I had to do daily cardio to hasten the ketosis and eat healthy. It doesnt work if youre eating 2000 calories of bread during that window. :rofl:

I do intermittent fasting, I’ll eat dinner around 7 and then have a plant based protein shake with blended up spinach leaves around noon and another a few hours later. I lost close to to lbs since last summer

Yeah I'm strictly ketosis/ fat loss. Anything longer for health benefits I'd def make sure to do the right research.

Though I might do a 3 day once a quarter.

I do a couple of days a week no food until 4

My barber tried long term fasting and SHED weight, he would go weeks (not kidding) 10-14 days of just water. He lost around 60 pounds over the course of 6 months or so. He's kept it off since too.

I do a couple of days a week no food until 4

My barber tried long term fasting and SHED weight, he would go weeks (not kidding) 10-14 days of just water. He lost around 60 pounds over the course of 6 months or so. He's kept it off since too.
Were his hands shaking, body wanting food? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom