Anyone Try Extended Fasting (Intermittent fasting, water fasting, etc)

I have to eat 3 square meals a day otherwise I get very irritable on an empty stomach and start snapping on people. I snapped on my mom this past Easter. Drove to my parents house and we went to church together. The mass was like 2 hours long and afterward they wanted to chat with people. I finally just said, "let's get the **** outta here!" and a bunch of heads turned. Church heads who ain't used to that kind of aggression. Not a good feeling. I do remember a long time ago taking a fasted blood test and my glucose was slightly below normal so I'm probably hypoglycemic.... or just an a-hole lol.

I've been on intermittent fasting for about 3 weeks now. It's fine because I am busy all day. It's cool, thought it would have taken me longer to adjust since I have generally been a, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" type of dude for my adult life.

Having to explain to older family/friends of family that I'm not rejecting their breakfast but I am fasting can be a pain at times.

I eat from 11-7. I also cut my water supply off around 6:30 because I tend to wake up in the middle of the night to piss.

Not eating til the lakers win a title
207379.jpg

I have to eat 3 square meals a day otherwise I get very irritable on an empty stomach and start snapping on people. I snapped on my mom this past Easter. Drove to my parents house and we went to church together. The mass was like 2 hours long and afterward they wanted to chat with people. I finally just said, "let's get the **** outta here!" and a bunch of heads turned. Church heads who ain't used to that kind of aggression. Not a good feeling. I do remember a long time ago taking a fasted blood test and my glucose was slightly below normal so I'm probably hypoglycemic.... or just an a-hole lol.

Been fasting for about 3 weeks now. No set time I just try for 16 hours. Not super strict and I don’t do it every day.
Because of work I usually end up eating dinner around 11. So I eat around 3 but I’ve never been big on breakfast so it’s easier for me
Longest I’ve done so far is 22 hours and I just had to eat something so I could workout. I want to do a 24 and then a 36 hour

I’ve seen people mix maple syrup with water for calories for multi day fasts

I've did 48 hours before. The first day is pretty easy. Things were feeling pretty rough towards the end of the second day.

Of all the diets I've tried, I've found just regular calorie counting is the best for me. All diets work so long as you don't overeat. It's just a matter of finding something you can live with.

If I fast now at all, it's usuallty no food after 6PM or 7PM.

I started IF a couple months before the pandemic. With the gym closing I’m pretty sure it helped me not blow up like a balloon even though I was eating like crap at the beginning. It’s harder for me to over eat in a 6-8 hour window.

I'm jumping right in to a 16:8 intermittent fast today.

After seeing this thread, and a random 20 minute convo on IF with Stephen A. and Boris Kodjoe during last night's NBA game - I feel the universe is telling me something :lol:

After seeing a random 20 minute convo on IF with Stephen A. and Boris Kodjoe during last night's NBA game - I feel the universe is telling me something :lol:
11-drake-hotline-bling.w710.h473.jpg

After seeing this thread, I feel the universe is telling me something :lol:
rectangle

It feels like ever since I completed the fast, feels like my metabolism has increased I've been losing weight like crazy and I haven't reduced my caloric intake that much. The research is mixed but there may be something to it.

I tried it not sure how successful I was at it. Im decently hydrated so my weight fluctuates daily due to water intake and flush. Overall, don’t really think I lost any significant weight, but maybe it was mind over body lesson learned (like am I actually hungry vs. solely empty stomach).

I am more productive at work when I am on IM, not as sluggish, able to gain muscle easier and also have seen my lowest blood pressure marks on my physicals the past 2 years.

It works. My bp has been perfect even on the lower end which is kinda worrisome but Ill take it.

never did the fasting thing....but 3-4 days a week i skip lunch, have a cliff bar - want to get this to about 6 days a week.....worked really well for a friend(7 days a week breakfast and lunch)...he also does protein shakes throughout the day and almonds......one high protein meal a day

I recently discovered - "Real Good Foods" check out their line up - good stuff on the chicken side....havent tried anything else yet.....

also - i highly recommend audiobook - Outlive - have the physical book coming in a few weeks....good stuff -

Been doing extended water fasting for the last 3 months, 24hrs to 5 days with one big meal, and then rolling directly into the next fast. Started at 246 and am down to 201 at last weighing, with very little increase to physical activity/working out. My one meal started as a total indulgence into whatever I wanted until more than full, and that has been improving all along. I'm just now getting into better eating habits in my one meal between fasts, but very slowly.

I drink a lot of water and with sugar-free electrolyte powder twice a day (with a little salt added), as well as a cup of black coffee in the morning with a dash of stevia. I'm fortunate to not be tortured by hunger pains, symptoms, or weakness, and really only end the fast to eat something that I want to eat, not am particularly hungry for. It's kinda strange.

I am slowly curbing my horrible eating habits, have started some light weight training and play basketball a couple of times a week, and I'm sleeping and feeling better all the time. My original goal was to get under 200 pounds, but my current goal is to get in the 170-175 range and continue to slowly build some more muscle. I'm 5'10''-ish. It's been a great experience so far, and the only negative I've experienced are a couple of plateaus and dealing with family and friends that are confused or concerned when it comes up.

Been doing extended water fasting for the last 3 months, 24hrs to 5 days with one big meal, and then rolling directly into the next fast. Started at 246 and am down to 201 at last weighing, with very little increase to physical activity/working out. My one meal started as a total indulgence into whatever I wanted until more than full, and that has been improving all along. I'm just now getting into better eating habits in my one meal between fasts, but very slowly.

I drink a lot of water and with sugar-free electrolyte powder twice a day (with a little salt added), as well as a cup of black coffee in the morning with a dash of stevia. I'm fortunate to not be tortured by hunger pains, symptoms, or weakness, and really only end the fast to eat something that I want to eat, not am particularly hungry for. It's kinda strange.

I am slowly curbing my horrible eating habits, have started some light weight training and play basketball a couple of times a week, and I'm sleeping and feeling better all the time. My original goal was to get under 200 pounds, but my current goal is to get in the 170-175 range and continue to slowly build some more muscle. I'm 5'10''-ish. It's been a great experience so far, and the only negative I've experienced are a couple of plateaus and dealing with family and friends that are confused or concerned when it comes up.
Eating the large meal doesn’t mess with your stomach and digestion?

Eating the large meal doesn’t mess with your stomach and digestion?

A bit, but I've toned it down a lot. More because of shrinking capacity than because of any digestive symptoms. Never really had any nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, or constipation, which I've heard of some others having. Certainly nothing more than I have experienced pre-fasting.

I am more productive at work when I am on IM, not as sluggish, able to gain muscle easier and also have seen my lowest blood pressure marks on my physicals the past 2 years.
Thats cus fasting increases HGH production.

I have done a 3 day fast, 3 seperate times this year so far (going for my 4th time next week). During these times , I only intake water w/ minerals, tea (w/o any forms of sugar ), and apple cider vinegar. I supplement with vitamin b complex (non synthetic) and probiotics.

The goal is ketosis and autophagy. Its also spiritual experience for me as well. I make a list to pray through as I take time and connect with the Creator.

Outside of this, I intermittent fast every day for the past 2 years I think now. I feel more energized on an empty stomach these days and when ever my household gets sick, Im usually the only one who isnt. Its a way of life at this point.

Back
Top Bottom