Anyone wanna explain how True religion jeans have thus survived this long?

I have one pair that I got for free. Stitching isn't loud and it's a regular dark wash.
Other than that, I stick to my raw denim most of the time.
Nudies > over-priced fashionista denim

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

I have one pair that I got for free. Stitching isn't loud and it's a regular dark wash.
Nudies aren't over-priced fashionista denim? I'm just asking honestly. 
I was gonna get a pair off their website cause they were $40 and I've heard they're ok. 

When I put in my US ship info the price jumped to $240. 
indifferent.gif

Seems like you paying an extra couple hundred just cause they come from Scandinavia. 

I see some of the true religion jeans that have the white contrast sticthing and I dont like those. I have a pair of trus and they are a medium wash, I purchased on the low because I guess as this thread shows they are not as popular anymore. Out of all of my jeans, I have about 10 pairs, these are the most comfortable and have the best fit. The one thing that bothers me is, alot of dudes in here that swear by levis or only rock selvedge denim are the same dudes that were on the tru, seven, rock republic wagon when they were the it thing. But you see alot of that on here , people saying they have been on foams before they were big, but in actuality they were running to the skate shops to get the most colorful dunks etc. ... Hopefully you get my drift

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Nudies aren't over-priced fashionista denim? I'm just asking honestly. 
I was gonna get a pair off their website cause they were $40 and I've heard they're ok. 

When I put in my US ship info the price jumped to $240. 
indifferent.gif

Seems like you paying an extra couple hundred just cause they come from Scandinavia. 
True, Nudies are typically expensive, but I meant something different.

The way I see it, there are two types of expensive denim: those that are expensive because they're made with quality products and craftsmanship (Flathead, Ironheart, Imperial), and those that are expensive because of the brand name and the prestige/image it carries (True Religion, Rock and Republic, Seven for All Mankind)

What happened to you was probably some mistake, they've never been 40 USD.  I got a pair of Big Bengts 3-4 years ago for 120 from a legit dealer.
I feel spending bills on jeans is too much (otherwise I'd have a few pairs of Imperials & Flatheads)

Who knows, maybe its all the same thing in the long run, since you're shelling out a lot of money for jeans
ohwell.gif

"catch me in the tru store doin my money dance"

nah really though, %@#+% are trash.  beanpieslanga hit da nail on da head.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Northern California here. Only people I see wearing those loud #@# pocketed jeans are suburbanites in their 40s, men and women alike. The ones that be eating at the most popular (forget quality) sushi spot on the weekends and pushing a Hummer. They probably just go to Nordstrom and buy whatever jeans cost the most and looks hip.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You just described what I see around here perfectly.  
Spot on.
laugh.gif

"THE CRAZY THING ABOUT IT, I BEEN KNEW I HAD IT. I WAS BEIN PATIENT, Y'ALL WAS BEIN STAGNANT. THE CRAZY THING ABOUT IT, I BEEN GETTIN MONEY, I BEEN GETTIN !##%*. SHADES COST $600"

Im in Houston. They are just now really coming to scene. I started to rock them in 09'. I just sold off my pieces. To be honest my trues were the best quality of all the denim I had previously. I would wash and dry them in the machine and they stayed together. No lost of buttons or rivets. I am into APC's, Nudies and naked and famous now. They are only sold at one store here in Houston. The arabs aint up on it yet so im good.

I was at this a&r showcase and saw a dude wit a whole white set wit black stitchin it looked horrendous almost like the stitchin was fallin apart. Levis and rrl >>

Da, da, da, da da, da da, da, da

How the %%@% am I supposed to take you seriously? I know you received an education. Why don't you reflect that in your writing? I keep hearing a heavy Vietnamese accent when I read your posts and it is aggravating to say the least. 
I am too *!%%+#! angry to criticize people that wear designer jeans now. Thanks. 

Originally Posted by lawinnn

Da, da, da, da da, da da, da, da

How the %%@% am I supposed to take you seriously? I know you received an education. Why don't you reflect that in your writing? I keep hearing a heavy Vietnamese accent when I read your posts and it is aggravating to say the least. 
I am too *!%%+#! angry to criticize people that wear designer jeans now. Thanks. 

roll.gif
roll.gif

I read his post in a stocky dominicans accent

they are very popular with the rich folk out here. I have never and will never buy a pair. They are a little loud for me

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Parasucos > trues
^ Yo, do they even make Parasucos anymore. I remember growing up I wanted a pair so badly with the neon orange highlight going down the side but my Mom refused to pay over 40 for a pair of Jeans so she bought me some knock off VIM instead
frown.gif

Over here in Atlanta, People swear by Trues. Step outside and everybody is either rocking Trues, American Eagle or Abercrombie & Fitch. Plus they all cut tacky holes into their Jeans and for the Summer they make their Jeans into Capris.

I mostly wear Polo Cargos but I have a few pair of RRL and Selvage Rugby I wear from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom