Appeal of the iPhone dying?

I Got the 3GS and its great. Payin 103 a month w/ a second line. Company discount
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

people will know something about me when I show them this
which would be?....
Sorry should've put "perceive." People will perceive that you have money to burn. I personally don't have money, my mother andfather bought me the phone (I was in college then, broke college kid = def. has no money). Same thing people perceive when someone has a Rolex or Mercedes orBentley or whatever. Apple = the Mercedes/Rolex of tech. I'm no fanboy, (I work at a company that competes against Apple) but I think this is the popularopinion.

Originally Posted by KingDeeJay

I feel you but im sure Apple is cooking up a monster for June...so imma ride with my 3g and then cop the next one in the summer....

Right. It's taking these guys 2 to 3 years still trying to mimic and mime the iPhone interface and create "iPhone Killers" or w/e. The nextiPhone that comes out will be a leap ahead of the game, killing itself and birthing anew.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tripleDUNK

I don't mess with the iphone - not a fan of touch-based input. Sure, it's got a lot of apps, but it doesn't make the main function of the iphone any easier. Not to mention the expensive proprietary data plans either.

I use a Nokia and I don't see myself changing anytime soon.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yours is valid... for yourself. Who are you to tell me what the main function of my phone would be?If I had an iphone with data/voice plan, there are tons of things that I can consider to be the "main function" of the phone. If I say that the appsare what I'm really looking for in a phone, then the iphone is probably the best choice. This is 2009, these devices are more than just phones. BTW, I owna Blackberry.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

you're a hypebeast

this.
How am I a hypebeast when iPhone hype is at its all time high and I'm trying to find a new phone? (Can't find one though because theiPhone's Apps + UI are still the best out there.) I'm trying to go to a lesser known phone with much less hype, but the same functionality and hardwareaesthetics.

Second, if you're hating on me for trying to find exclusivity in a phone, then you should hate on everyone who cops a Rolex or IWC.

Or maybe like NKEAIR, I'm tired of the iPhone OS. I had it for 2 years now so maybe I'm just ready for something else.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

which would be?....
Sorry should've put "perceive." People will perceive that you have money to burn. I personally don't have money, my mother and father bought me the phone (I was in college then, broke college kid = def. has no money). Same thing people perceive when someone has a Rolex or Mercedes or Bentley or whatever. Apple = the Mercedes/Rolex of tech. I'm no fanboy, (I work at a company that competes against Apple) but I think this is the popular opinion.

umm, wow
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
so sad that people actually think like this and try to be logical about it.

Meh...it has just plateaued.

As with anything that has had a sharp increase in interest and sales, it just evens out eventually.

Only thing dying is the OS, it's getting old for those who have had the iPhone for a while. But the phone itself is still the best, I honestly could givetwo sh*ts if anyone else has my phone, as long as I like it I don't care.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

android takes over next year, I want to switch over, im tired of Iphone OS

benny7.jpg

So you cut out my post to twist what i was saying?

I hope android takes over next year, I want to switch over, im tired of Iphone OS

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

android takes over next year, I want to switch over, im tired of Iphone OS

benny7.jpg
Check this EBW ----> http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/57664

OP is right with regards to the market becoming saturated...the iphone no longer has the "luxury/exclusive" tag associated with it. It'sexactly what happened to the ipod, think about it. It's great for apple in that they will generate great sales volume (@ lower prices), but then theproduct gets lost amongst others because it's no longer differentiated from a pricing perspective. It's a strategy that apple has taken (as seen withthe ipod)...some think it'll work, others think it's dangerous in the long run. We will have to wait and see!

you're a hypebeast

this.
How am I a hypebeast when iPhone hype is at its all time high and I'm trying to find a new phone? (Can't find one though because the iPhone's Apps + UI are still the best out there.) I'm trying to go to a lesser known phone with much less hype, but the same functionality and hardware aesthetics.

Second, if you're hating on me for trying to find exclusivity in a phone, then you should hate on everyone who cops a Rolex or IWC.

Or maybe like NKEAIR, I'm tired of the iPhone OS. I had it for 2 years now so maybe I'm just ready for something else.
Truth is, the iphone is still a hot phone and yours seems to still work. You don't like it anymore because people won't think (or perceive) you're rich because you have one? What kind of world do we live in? This is #$# backwards thinking.Apple/ATT went and made the phone more available to the consumer, that's good for the consumer (YOU!). However, you hate on this (which is obviously betterfor the consumer) because the only reason you wanted the phone was because it made you special? I bet you were one of these 8 people.

If you want to support the type of consuming that allows companies to charge whatever they want for their products, I guess that's your choice, but I haveto ask "why?"

Originally Posted by proper english

which would be?....
Sorry should've put "perceive." People will perceive that you have money to burn. I personally don't have money, my mother and father bought me the phone (I was in college then, broke college kid = def. has no money). Same thing people perceive when someone has a Rolex or Mercedes or Bentley or whatever. Apple = the Mercedes/Rolex of tech. I'm no fanboy, (I work at a company that competes against Apple) but I think this is the popular opinion.

umm, wow
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you know? Not when they're selling for $50 now people aint going to bethinking that. If they ever thought that in the first place, you can't compare a phone to a item that costs thousands of dollars such as a luxury car orwatch. It topped out at what, $600 without a contract? Not exactly big ballin' when you look at the big picture. People just probably perceived you as atech fan.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's only "dying" because they're incredibly popular, and it doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.

I never buy products only because they're expensive, limited, or rare. If I like the product, and it's the best choice for me, then I get it. I'm the only one who has to use it every day, and I don't care what some random person thinks about me or my phone.
thats exactly how i feel

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by proper english

which would be?....

umm, wow
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you know? Not when they're selling for $50 now people aint going to be thinking that. If they ever thought that in the first place, you can't compare a phone to a item that costs thousands of dollars such as a luxury car or watch. It topped out at what, $600 without a contract? Not exactly big ballin' when you look at the big picture. People just probably perceived you as a tech fan.

Good. I want people to think I'm a frugal, nerdy tech fan, which I'm proud to be. I'mdefinitely not rich. I drive a Toyota/Honda, I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, I pack a ham/turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch everyday, I cut my own hairbecause $20 is too expensive for a haircut. But, that's not what the post is about.

I want to have a phone that no one has. Why? I don't want to have technology that other people have, I want to be different, cutting edge, early adopter,ahead of the curve. I'm guessing no one else feels this way in regards to their phone, which disproves my theory, which, in turn, disproves a hypothesis Iwas going to present to my peers at work. Thanks NT for helping me with market research.
grin.gif

My thinking was that, a forum that spends $300-$400 on limited sneakers, would have this same attitude with phones, but I was proven incorrect.

This is my opinion. the Iphone is selling as much as it is purely off marketing and he-say she-say now. Droid will overtake the Iphone because
1.) It's on Multiple phones on different carriers.
2.) Just off of marketing alone people are looking at droid differently now and it has significantly caught people's attention.
3.) Droid's OS is smoother.

My dad just got the new Droid on verizon and came at me like it was something new, i have a G1 so droid isn't new to me, but by my dad doing that it mademe realize droid is going to overtake the Iphone soon.

Originally Posted by AirJus23

you're a hypebeast

this.
How am I a hypebeast when iPhone hype is at its all time high and I'm trying to find a new phone? (Can't find one though because the iPhone's Apps + UI are still the best out there.) I'm trying to go to a lesser known phone with much less hype, but the same functionality and hardware aesthetics.

Truth is, the iphone is still a hot phone and yours seems to still work. You don't like it anymore because people won't think (or perceive) you're rich because you have one? What kind of world do we live in? This is #$# backwards thinking. Apple/ATT went and made the phone more available to the consumer, that's good for the consumer (YOU!). However, you hate on this (which is obviously better for the consumer) because the only reason you wanted the phone was because it made you special? I bet you were one of these 8 people.

If you want to support the type of consuming that allows companies to charge whatever they want for their products, I guess that's your choice, but I have to ask "why?"
laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ those 8 people

I think the challenge of the Iphone was the current version really had nowhere to go. I am surprised they didnt make an Iphone nano (flip) or something in thatregard. I mean all they have really done in the last few years is make it faster and add on basic features (not hating, just saying). Meanwhile othercompanies, Nokia, RIM, etc have been producing new updates to their line-up.

It will be very interesting to see what Apple has up its sleeve to replace/update the Iphone 3GS. I think they will have to come up big (NH) in order to stayreally relevant in the current phone market. Two years is a long time to keep the same form factor and function.

Back
Top Bottom