Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
I'm copping the 32gb this time around. I always say that when I'm heading to the store. Then I see the price on release day and I back out and cop the 16gb.
:lol: I do the same thing
That $199 price is too good
Especially after I had to cash out full price for the original iPhone
Including my deposit and the phone I spent $700 and some change :smh:

Mine was also but I got the battery replaced. Good as new. I riding with the ip5 until it brakes down completely.

How much did you get charged to replace the battery. My battery is turrible

It's covered under the 1 year warranty/AppleCare, otherwise I think it's 79

Prolly bout to flip my 5s before the prices start dropping, still don't know if I even want a bigger phone yet :lol:

$79 is correct. I have 3rd party warranty so I paid the just for the deductible.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
I do the same thing
That $199 price is too good
Especially after I had to cash out full price for the original iPhone
Including my deposit and the phone I spent $700 and some change
mean.gif
I heard a rumor that the 32g might be at the $199 price this year? I hope so, so I can get 64g for $299.

I'm copping the 32gb this time around. I always say that when I'm heading to the store. Then I see the price on release day and I back out and cop the 16gb.
Ditto.  With how much room every new iteration of iOS takes up, 16 gigs just isn't cutting it anymore.  Definitely going up to 32 like I did with my iPad Air.  Hopefully Apple stops being fickle, cheap bastards and makes the 32 GB joint the base model.  16 GB phones in 2014 just don't make sense.  

When do you guys usually decide to sell your current iPhones? do prices take a huge dip after the announcement of the newer model?

^ sell late August or early September to get top dollar. Prices definitely fall some after the announcement because the market gets really saturated at that point.

Shrugs, it's working fine for me. Only thing that bothers me is the battery life, so I'm good for a couple more months. 

That's the thing, I'm giving yall props for still having one. I still mess with my 3g ipod from time to time.

I cracked my 5 and went to a 4s. If it had LTE, i probably wouldn't get another phone.

When do you guys usually decide to sell your current iPhones? do prices take a huge dip after the announcement of the newer model?

I'll most likely sell mine when I get my hands on the 6. I'll unlock it through AT&T to get top dollar. My contract should end right when it releases so I'm good :smokin

thought i couldnt upgrade until april to find out im eligible in october. this 6 release got me alot more hyped now :lol: thought i'd be rocking with this 5 for a while.
think i'll still hold out until the 5.5 comes out to compare the two and see what i want.

I really like the way T-Mobile works their plans/buying a new phone. Put a down payment on the phone and then pay a set amount each month. Once it's paid off it's yours to do with as you please, and they offer to unlock it for free.

I only owe $100 on my 5 from them. Gonna pay that off, get them to unlock it, sell it on eBay or CL and put that money towards the 6. I want the 4.7in but if they're gonna hold back the features I might have to go with the 5.5in.
att is doing the same thing

when i upgraded my moms to a 5c i only paid $45 or or so out the door. ( $21 a month added to monthly charges) no renewed contract 
Still rollin with the 4S
sick.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Been eligible for an upgrade since Jan and it's taking everything in me not to break down and cop a 5S
laugh.gif

Couple more months, man.
i hear ya...my moms has a better iphone than i do 
That phone runs mad slow on OS7 and they arent worried about every new iPhone release, yet they still hold on.
never did the upgrade

Last edited:
Those t mobile tricks that all the other companies are now doing is pretty much the same if u can't pay for it up front. They say u r not on a contract bit u still have to pay for the full price of the phone.

iPhone 6 Said to Launch on Tuesday, October 14, Part of 'Incredibly Busy' Month for Apple
Thursday July 31, 2014 1:13 am PDT by Richard Padilla
Apple may be planning to launch the iPhone 6 on Tuesday, October 14 as the month itself will be an incredibly busy one for the company, according to a source that spoke to MacRumors citing an internal Apple Retail Store meeting.

The source notes that a senior Store Leader mentioned October 14th as being an "immense" day for Apple, adding that the whole month of October would be very busy for stores and the company itself. Apple is also said to planning a media event for Tuesday, September 16, coming a month ahead of the device's launch.

iphone_5s_6_grass
4.7 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 mockups compared to iPhone 5s

To this point, most reports have pointed to a September announcement and launch for the iPhone 6. However, a report last week claimed that Apple is planning a mid-September event for the iPhone 6 and iOS 8, which would be followed by an October event showcasing the iWatch, OS X Yosemite, new iPads, and new Macs. An announcement event for September 16 would also fall on a Tuesday, which is when Apple typically announces new products.

Apple launching the iPhone 6 on a Tuesday would be a change from past years, as the company has launched previous iPhones and most new hardware on a Friday. However, the source claims that high customer demand and an ample supply due to a large production effort will motivate Apple to start iPhone 6 sales earlier in the week.

It is unknown if an October release for the iPhone 6 would include both the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch version, as recent rumors have pointed toward several production issues plaguing the larger model. It is possible that the 5.5-inch may launch later in the year or in 2015 after Apple can produce enough devices. In addition to a larger screen, both versions of the iPhone 6 are expected to feature a thinner profile, a faster A8 processor, and an improved camera.

Related roundups: iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6

If the 5.5 version doesn't come out until next year, then I can continue to save my money and get the 64 GB one.

iPhone 6 Said to Launch on Tuesday, October 14, Part of 'Incredibly Busy' Month for Apple
yea and they are suppose to be doing the iwatch in limited supplies.... somewhere around 3 million units..... ebay/craigslist is gonna be swamped this holiday season lol

Back
Top Bottom