Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
I had my 6s since the beginning of the year and the battery already drains fast for some reason at 97-98% capacity. That weak charger it came with charges so slow. Recently got a pixel 3a for another line and it comes with an 18W charger and I get 7 hours of use after 15 minutes of charging. I got an Anker 12W charger for my 6s but know phones can only charge as fast as they're allowed to since they have a limit put on it.

I'm fine with degrading my battery a little quicker for the convenience of fast charging. Changing the battery is not that expensive, and can be done once every two years or so

Oh damn. I did not know this. Is it even worth getting a fast charger then?

-Drew
I have one but I’m too scared to use it, even if I’m in a rush i don’t ever use more than my 12w iPad charger which is fine, anything higher than that is like giving your iPhone Heroine

It's fine yall. I use my MacBook 30W charger with a USB C Apple Cable to enable fast charging. Won't kill your battery y'all I use it all the time. Batteries in general will just degrade.

Hey y’all - surprised to see this thread on Page 5 of General, thought it would be on the first for sure. Anyhow - I’m looking to purchase a new MacBook and an iPad this summer. I did some research on the Apple website and a few other sites but I wanted to get NT’s opinion.

I’m a fairly basic guy when it comes to computing. I haven’t had a personal laptop for years because I already have two for work and I’m on the go a lot so I just use my phone while traveling. For personal use, I’ll really just be using them for browsing the Internet, e-mail, programs in the Microsoft Office suite, occasionally Adobe Pro (editing documents) and streaming videos/music.

I’m thinking that based on my needs, the Pro for either would be excessive, correct? I was thinking the Air for both products. Regarding the iPad - I was thinking 64GB should be sufficient since my phone is the same and after ~6 months I’ve used roughly 40GB (probably due to pictures and messages) so if I don’t sync, I think it should be fine. Does anyone have the cellular as well or is that basically useless? I’d also need to check the additional costs with AT&T. Regarding MacBooks, is the MacBook Air better than the regular MacBook? I don’t think I’d need any add-ons but I thought maybe there was something I might not be privy too.

Finally, I’m unfamiliar with the MacBook release cycle. Will there be new iterations coming out soon or are the current ones the latest? I plan on discussing this with a sales associate but you know how they can be so I figured I’d get an outside opinion from informed folks I know that I can trust first :lol: Thanks NT!

MBP would be excessive for your needs, i would suggest the MBA instead, but money if isn't a problem, of course the MBP will always be better. Also, they usually have a back-to-school promo around August or September with a working .edu email.

Check this MacRumor's buying guide as well, https://buyersguide.macrumors.com

MBP would be excessive for your needs, i would suggest the MBA instead, but money if isn't a problem, of course the MBP will always be better. Also, they usually have a back-to-school promo around August or September with a working .edu email.

Check this MacRumor's buying guide as well, https://buyersguide.macrumors.com

I'd get an entry level MBP over the Air. If I remember correctly, it's a $100-200 difference and a better machine overall

Id go with the entry level MBP as well. Eliminates the buyers remorse possibility, better resale value, and will feel adequate for longer.

This is why I came here :lol: I’m an idiot, the difference is only $100 between the entry levels of the Air and MBP so I might as well get the MBP. I never would have thought about this. Is the Touch Bar worth the extra $500? Thank you guys so much!

Any advice on the iPad? I like the full screen (I have an XS Max) of the iPad Pro but I’m not sure if it’s worth the $300 more than the Pro. I am in the process of selling a bunch of 10+ year old shoes on StockX so I could justify it but wanted some outside opinions.

I don’t plan on keeping both of these for awhile so it might be worth the investment.

I have a MBA from a few years back that is rarely used - do these things hold their value fairly well or not worth selling?

Anyone ever rebuild your Mac? My hdd is corrupted so I was thinking about getting a tb and upping the ram to 16. Is that worth doing or will the machine just crash? 2012 retina (first edition). Battery and keyboard was replaced in February.

Is the Touch Bar worth the extra $500?

Both my personal and work MBP's have touch bars, and I only use it to adjust screen brightness and volume. I can't speak for your needs, but I find keyboard shortcuts to be significantly quicker and more convenient.

I'm not sure why Apple priced the MBP and Air so closely together. From the less powerful dual core CPU to the dinner screen, The Air doesn't make a lot of sense

Anyone ever rebuild your Mac? My hdd is corrupted so I was thinking about getting a tb and upping the ram to 16. Is that worth doing or will the machine just crash? 2012 retina (first edition). Battery and keyboard was replaced in February.
I tried it last year with my sisters labrop, I told her I can save her a few bucks doing it myself,
****ed the labtop up completely lmao

Back
Top Bottom