Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
a quarter of my screen on the X hasn't been working for about 8 months...been waiting for a new phone.

Nothing too impressive, but I'll appreciate the slightly larger screen on the 12pro
Like not responding to touch? There’s a quality program for that on the X. Could have got that fixed for free...

Need dat mini asap... always wanted a smaller iPhone and I really am tired of giving Apple my money after staying away for so long, but what else we got on this earth. I’ll make this the last new phone I buy until they start giving bj’s.

I was unsure about working with the iPhone camera vs buying a mirrorless cam. Leaning at this point toward the phone since I don’t want to pony up the extra for all the features I want in a dedicated camera...

I had it figured out that I’d get the 12 Pro until they talked about the camera improvements to the 12 Pro Max. I think the camera upgrades will be worth the extra money...I THINK. I really don’t want to have a larger phone though after having the 6 Plus, then moving to the 8 Plus.

Anyone else struggling with this? I’m sold on wanting the bigger phone‘s camera features but I keep trying to talk myself into wanting the smaller phone for the smaller size.

Wish they did a black like they have for the regular 12. But, like someone said on Twitter....if you're getting a case for it (which I'm doing) colour doesn't really matter.
True, but I was thinking about it like if it just came in white then I’d go the clear case route. Now I’m going to get “Graphite” and if I wanted a white case to me would look off with the cutout for the camera.

IM interested in knowing how much my iPhone 11 pro max can get in a trade-in... But with that said I’m disappointed with apples iPhone keynote and probably gonna pass on this. The biggest thing was 5g and the old iPhone 4/5 square shape. They negelect power users like a mug, no usb-c port, no 120htz display, no always on display, no reverse wireless charger, no word of opening NFC for other uses. Just nothing really worth upgrading for.

So what phone is the closest to the size of the 7 but with a bigger screen screen? That’s pretty much why I want the 11pro but for sale.

The glass to the back of my X is cracked all over

What’s my best option on getting it fixed so I can trade it in?

You're better off trying to sell it as is. It cost $549 to replace. Because they just replace the entire phone. The back glass is integrated with the frame and not necessarily replaceable. Apple will probably decline your trade in if you go a third party route, if it even exists.

The glass to the back of my X is cracked all over

What’s my best option on getting it fixed so I can trade it in?
Just google local cell repair shops then call around to make sure they have the screen in stock. Takes about a hour at $100-$125, so subtract that from the trade-in value.

Also I've traded-in third party OEM repairs and dinged-up iphones. Apple doesn't care as long as they work and aren't cracked they're just going to be stripped for parts.

Last edited:
I wasn't blown away with the specs of the 12, but I'm still working with a 7 plus and anything from there is an upgrade. lol I'll just stick to a hand me down 11 from my homegirl that's upgrading.

My mind is blown by folks still using 7 series. Like how? I can’t even remember when that was it was so long ago. :lol:

Not even knocking it, either. I just can’t see me ever keeping any piece of daily use tech for that many years.

I was unsure about working with the iPhone camera vs buying a mirrorless cam. Leaning at this point toward the phone since I don’t want to pony up the extra for all the features I want in a dedicated camera...

I had it figured out that I’d get the 12 Pro until they talked about the camera improvements to the 12 Pro Max. I think the camera upgrades will be worth the extra money...I THINK. I really don’t want to have a larger phone though after having the 6 Plus, then moving to the 8 Plus.

Anyone else struggling with this? I’m sold on wanting the bigger phone‘s camera features but I keep trying to talk myself into wanting the smaller phone for the smaller size.
Depends how much camera you need. But it looks like you fall right into the target of the Pro's as it seems the only upgrade over the regular 12 are the cameras and the technology to go along with that. I see if you are set on trying to have one device, these cameras are so good now, it may be the move.

My mind is blown by folks still using 7 series. Like how? I can’t even remember when that was it was so long ago. :lol:

Not even knocking it, either. I just can’t see me ever keeping any piece of daily use tech for that many years.

I was still using my 6S plus up until a couple months ago. The whole hype of buying a new phone every year wore out quick for me. Other than a "better camera", there was no real reason that I needed to upgrade.

I could just be forgetting improvements and features but I honestly don't think going back to a 6/7 from 11 Pro would make one modicum of difference in my quality of life, assuming those can run on iOS13 or near equivalent.

Losing Face ID seems like it would be the biggest loss.

I'm not a camera guy so that's pretty irrelevant for me.

Smart phone Software > Hardware.

Not feeling any of the new phones. Also that 5g will take lots of battery.

My 11 Pro Max will last me a while

Back
Top Bottom