Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
This might be the wrong topic for this but since its been pretty active, is there a way (on MBP) to say watch a YT video and browse NT at the same time?

Copped the iPhone 14 pro in Black at 256gb.

Still debating what watch I want.

The Ultra is enticing cause it’s new, but that joint is brolic and I don’t think I could “dress it up” when I’m just chilling.

Thinking about getting the series 8 but from what I’ve read the it’s not much different from the series 7.

Might just go that route especially since I’m looking to get a stainless steel watch this go round.

What do y’all think?

The stainless is a juggernaut.

Prior to upgrading to my gold stainless steel series 7 + Milanese loop this past December, I'd been using a stainless OG Milanese since launch day 2015... Would still have it but I dropped it in the shower last summer in NYC and it burst open and got soaked. After it dried it still powered up but was glitchy. That's 6+ years without missing a beat, no cracked screen or scratches.

I would buy nothing less for an active adult.

Pro max 1TB (invaluable for business)
Pro 256 for the kid and me to share for videos (smaller and lighter for a gimbel)
Red watch
ultra watch black grey band
Air pod pro 2
Clear mag safe cases for both phones

Tmobile was absolute crap this morning i gave up and ordered some from apple and some from t-mobile in the afternoon

Prior to upgrading to my gold stainless steel series 7 + Milanese loop this past December, I'd been using a stainless OG Milanese since launch day 2015... Would still have it but I dropped it in the shower last summer in NYC and it burst open and got soaked. After it dried it still powered up but was glitchy. That's 6+ years without missing a beat, no cracked screen or scratches.

You showered with your Apple Watch?

Sheesh

I’m on a stainless steel Series 6 gonna see how long it lasts :pimp:

Sheesh

So would y’all recommend the stainless?

Especially y over the ultra since they’re the same price?

It’s expensive but I like the look.

I like the stainless, especially with the sapphire crystal.

I had a series 3 with whatever glass they were using and it had a few gouges in it. I’ve had this sapphire and stainless watch for 2 years now and it has maybe 1 micro scratch on the steel.

Highly recommend.

With a Milanese loop it can dress up nicely.

Ive had a stainless steel apple watch 6 since RD and i wear it in the shower almost everyday w/o any problem. The stainless steel case was a must for me just in case the watch gets banged up or dropped, i wanted more protection so to speak. I also use siri on it to change tracks while cycling

Stainless or nothing else, imo. The aluminum joints feel like a toy after wearing a stainless for awhile. But then again I like the “heft” of the stainless, so to each his own. I grabbed an Ultra to check it out and see if it’d work for me, but I’ll likely return it. Not enough good bands for it. And even though they’ll fit, I’m not so sure the bands I already have will look good with it since it’s so much beefier than the regular AW.

As for today, I had to call an audible and get the white/silver joint instead of the space black that I preordered. That white is WHITE on this years iPhone—reminds me of the older iPhones, which is a good thing. :pimp:

Decided I was gonna hold off since I still owe like $330 on my phone now but AT&T is offering me 1000 for my 12PM and it’ll be $2.78 a month for the 14PM so I might as well upgrade :lol:
Welp I just went through the check out process and I still gotta pay off my balance so I’m just gonna pass, not worth dropping 330 right now
I remember a few phone cycles ago they let me upgrade a few months before I was due, thought it was the same situation now but I guess not

1662776069256.png

So would y’all recommend the stainless?

Especially y over the ultra since they’re the same price?

It’s expensive but I like the look.

Go for it man. How you like the look is super important.

I love the polished stainless models for two main reasons...

1st - Polished metal is the look I love and matches my regular aesthetic.

2nd - Superior durability that allows me to wear it constantly without any concerns of it getting damaged while on my wrist.

The ultra didn't speak to me at all but that makes sense, it's being marketed to those with a truly active lifestyle - beyond regular sports. I think they did a great job for a product in that segment and didn't overcharge either. I can't judge if the size gives me obnoxious vibes until I see it in person. The homie looks swole in videos, though.

Sheesh

I was in NYC on vacation and we stopped by the hotel to shower and head back out for a dinner reservation. I forgot I had it on when I jumped in, went to remove it and it slipped out of my hand and smacked a granite-like shower floor and the casing separated (again the device was 6+ years old).

The OG stainless was water resistant but not waterproof - it was not suggested that it be submerged, etc. Waterproof was 2nd gen and beyond but I still don't shower with my S7, just seems kind of weird to have soap and muck rinsing over a watch that duals as a piece of jewelry.

I wasn’t going to upgrade but my day 1 iPhone 11 Pro is saying battery needs service Plus i hate that u can’t ever find cases for this damn thing anywhere. My wife can still find some for her 11 but 11 pro i was sol.

So now debate the color and storage.

Leaning between purple or gold. Does aTT have in store? I think i need to see the purple in hand.

Welp I just went through the check out process and I still gotta pay off my balance so I’m just gonna pass, not worth dropping 330 right now
I remember a few phone cycles ago they let me upgrade a few months before I was due, thought it was the same situation now but I guess not

decided to pass too

i still owed $330 and was just offered $500 trade in unless in upgrade my service then its $800 but would still owe $500+ today (pay off the balance + tax/service fee)

so ill just wait til my current phones paid off or wait for the the 15 next year

decided to pass too

i still owed $330 and was just offered $500 trade in unless in upgrade my service then its $800 but would still owe $500+ today (pay off the balance + tax/service fee)

so ill just wait til my current phones paid off or wait for the the 15 next year

Wonder if the iPhone upgrade program would take on the remainder in order for you to upgrade? Maybe a rep could pull some strings, they prob do anything to make sure people are locked in and have the newest to stay with apple

Wonder if the iPhone upgrade program would take on the remainder in order for you to upgrade? Maybe a rep could pull some strings, they prob do anything to make sure people are locked in and have the newest to stay with apple

verizon has a second option where i return the phone and then i can go buy the new phone at retail - so my payment just continues as it is with no changes (since i think the 12PM is the same price as the 14PM?) and just have to pay the service fees

but it just seems like im losing money if im not getting any $$$ back via trade-in but ill talk to IUP, i’ll see what they can do

thanks

also, i know people do not like long contracts anymore but i do miss the 2 year contracts/renewals because usually you can renew a few months earlier and the new phone would be discounted to renew and if i trade-in the current phone, the new phone is almost free

and i really didn’t mind the 2 years contracts, im not going anywhere, ive been using verison for a few decades now before it was even called verison wireless (sh*t i feel old) so im locked in no matter what and if i wanted to switch, the new service provider would usually pay the termination fees anyways

As soon as I could without issue, I started buying my phones full price and outright.

Those two year deals were clutch especially if you were set on re-upping every 2 years. But now I rather own it off rip.

For the non-nekkid boys, what cases have y’all been looking at?

I’ve been thinking about this one.

Otter box has never failed me.

9A33DEB1-9B13-4626-AF43-285596E0C516.png

Back
Top Bottom