Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
So woth AT&T next at what do you pay the actual data plan your on. I just keep hearing about how u pay for the phone.

I would be charged anything from the jump sonce theres no tax here

still debating which way to trade in my 5 for the gift card, Apple is only offering $150 but AT&T is offering $200

I just despise doing any and all business with AT&T in person, they're awful and I fear they'd try to remove my grandfathered unlimited data on the low

you are paying every single month for a phone and its never ending especially if you upgrade everytime :lol:

id say thats the bad side

You'd pay for the phone anyway. You could also pay it off in full if you want whenever. The payments are spread out but you pay the same amount.

You also gain the ability to upgrade yearly instead of every two years.

did yall hear about the Apple Factory workers in China?

thousands of workers went on strike either yesterday or today (their time). These workers make the screens for the iPhones and they said no more work until they get the $$ and moon cake bonus they were promised

apparently moon cake is something very good and a must have for them, on top of the money .. So I guess maybe unless they get what they want this first batch is gonna be it for a while

source: http://nypost.com/2014/09/10/factory-workers-go-on-strike-warn-bosses-no-cake-no-iphone-6/

source: http://news.yahoo.com/tech-factory-...er-mooncakes-benefits-045634855--finance.html
laugh.gif
 at first skim through reading I thought this was another term for money...but nah, they really want cake 
roll.gif

is tmobile doing a trade in or no?

my brother has the 5 and he wants the 6 so...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/16/4528404/att-next-phone-upgrade-plans-a-huge-ripoff
Let's do the math: AT&T says that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have a monthly installment fee of $32, on top of your existing AT&T service fees, which already include a device subsidy. The exact amount of that subsidy is unknown — AT&T declined to comment when I asked — but most industry estimates have put it at something like $20 per month. That's how you can get a GS4 for $199 with a new two-year contract, even though it costs $620 at retail: after two years, AT&T will have collected $680 in total device payments from you, and you get to keep the phone
Don't do ATT Next

Y'all need to help me with my plan. I have iphone 5 and upgraded last year. What's the best deal I can get. I want to buy the iphone 6 64gb. If I pay upfront for phone IDC.

Thanks.

Is it possible that an Apple store runs out of phones before they can fulfill all the pre orders they have? And is waiting on a ridiculous line the day of release required or can I go later in the day and stroll in?

Have you used this product previously?

The last hybrid case I had (switcheasy) once I removed it to clean the phone I noticed the under layer "soft layer" had stretched when removing and created gaps once I put it back together. 

Anyone have any recommendation on just a simple silicone cover for the 4.7???
No havent used this brand before but im not picky either

regular ole silicone ones can be found on eBay for real cheap as well.

I don't think I'll have a reason to take the iPhone out of the case since the back isnt removable like the samsung so i wont be taking sd card in an out etc

I had this very spigen series on my 4, would not recommend it. Paid $25 + Shipping. Yes, it will work as intended for a couple of months, but the first thing to go like what quise2024 said the rubber/silicone starts stretching out until it's just too loose. Afterwards when you struggle to keep the rubber in check, the frame part which is cheap *** plastic will break and it's always the bottom area which will crack first. Crazy glue can solve the crack temporarily, but it will not last and another area will just crack again on the bottom. So I learned my lesson with these hybrid or soft rubber/silicone cases. :x Sticking with leather or thin hard shell.

Last edited:
is tmobile doing a trade in or no?

my brother has the 5 and he wants the 6 so...

Tmobile and sprint are matching any trade in offers

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...vals-trade-in-offers-as-new-iphone-nears.html

for current customers paying cash?

hes not doing that monthly BS or new contract

I'm not sure.

I'm going with Sprint since they offer a $200 credit on the 4s plus no monthly fee to finish paying off the phone and unlimited :smokin

Last edited:
AT&T Next is not a good deal. I just looked over the numbers and you not only pay for the next phone, but you LOSE out on keeping your current phone which you could sell on your own.

So I just got off the phone with my nearest ATT.

Dude was trying to tell me that if I preorder through them on Friday I won't get the phone for 2-3 weeks. Only way to get it on the 19th is to show up and wait in line. Does this sound right? What's the point of preordering if I don't get the phone until two weeks after release. :smh:

Good thing I have this Jump feature on T Mobile

don't have to worry about trade ins/selling my 5S

smokin.gif
But you're also paying $10/month just to have that option.  
laugh.gif

This is proof marketing works lol.   

Yesterday dudes were saying it wasn't a great deal. Now I'm tempted again..
Don't see how it could be bad. You pay for the phone over time (which you'd pay anyway). You aren't being charges extra plus get a yearly upgrade.

Where's the down side?
laugh.gif
you are paying every single month for a phone and its never ending especially if you upgrade everytime
laugh.gif

But you're still paying the same price for the phone in the end.  And that is what counts:  the bottom line.  

I've always paid mine off early by selling my old phone, and I've always come out ahead when dealing with iPhones.  My Nexus 4?  Not so much.  
laugh.gif

what do you have to do after its approved?

When it's approved all you gotta do is go on itunes and back up and restore. Once its done restoring it should be unlocked. Pretty simple process

no hate but does the case even provide any type of protection of any kind

Yeah, it will provide protection on the back and bezel. I'm keeping my options open though. I like getting my cases upfront so I know what they look like and see how they fit. As long as the case doesn't strip the paint of the phone then I'm good.

Dude was trying to tell me that if I preorder through them on Friday I won't get the phone for 2-3 weeks. Only way to get it on the 19th is to show up and wait in line. Does this sound right? What's the point of preordering if I don't get the phone until two weeks after release.
mean.gif
the point of the pre-order is you get the phone and you don't have to wait in line.  I am not sure though why the delay with ATT.  Personally its way easier to pre-order for me then anything else.  When i get the phone isn't the worry its if

smokin.gif
But you're also paying $10/month just to have that option.  
laugh.gif

Don't see how it could be bad. You pay for the phone over time (which you'd pay anyway). You aren't being charges extra plus get a yearly upgrade.

Where's the down side?
laugh.gif
you are paying every single month for a phone and its never ending especially if you upgrade everytime
laugh.gif

But you're still paying the same price for the phone in the end.  And that is what counts:  the bottom line.  

I've always paid mine off early by selling my old phone, and I've always come out ahead when dealing with iPhones.  My Nexus 4?  Not so much.  
laugh.gif

Guys the subsidized fee is still buried in your bill.

The example in the article was:
Let's do the math: AT&T says that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have a monthly installment fee of $32, on top of your existing AT&T service fees, which already include a device subsidy. The exact amount of that subsidy is unknown — AT&T declined to comment when I asked — but most industry estimates have put it at something like $20 per month. That's how you can get a GS4 for $199 with a new two-year contract, even though it costs $620 at retail: after two years, AT&T will have collected $680 in total device payments from you, and you get to keep the phone.

But the balance tips entirely towards AT&T with Next. Assuming that same $20 subsidy, after 12 months of Next you will have paid AT&T $384 in Next monthly installments and $240 in device subsidies, for a grand total of $620. Again, that's exactly the full retail cost of an unlocked Galaxy S4 — but you don't get to keep that phone, even though you just paid full price for it. You have to trade it in to get a new phone — effectively giving AT&T a free GS4 to refurbish and resell to its next unwitting customer.

Now, you do get to keep your Next phone if you pay 20 monthly installments, which will cost you a whopping $1,040 if you assume a $20 subsidy: $640 in Next payments, plus $400 in subsidies built into your AT&T plan. That's $420 in pure profit for AT&T, which just made you pay full price for a phone while charging you inflated service prices that include a subsidy specifically designed to lower the upfront cost of that phone.

Last edited:

:smokin

But you're also paying $10/month just to have that option.  :lol:  

Where's the down side? :lol:

you are paying every single month for a phone and its never ending especially if you upgrade everytime :lol:

I've always paid mine off early by selling my old phone, and I've always come out ahead when dealing with iPhones.  My Nexus 4?  Not so much.  :lol:  
I also have a corporate discount with each cell phone provider. Paying $60 a month for unlimited everything, a phone, and a option to upgrade whenever? Having a career definitely proves marketing works :lol:

Dude was trying to tell me that if I preorder through them on Friday I won't get the phone for 2-3 weeks. Only way to get it on the 19th is to show up and wait in line. Does this sound right? What's the point of preordering if I don't get the phone until two weeks after release. :smh:

It really depends on how many units they in stock. I remember waiting the same amount when I got my 5. I pre ordered the day they announced pre orders and still had to wait since everything was backed up.

Back
Top Bottom