Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters

so its out that the only reason the 5c is out is because of shortages of the aluminum cases for the iphone 5. if they still produced the 5 and 5s then it would be impossible.

i wonder what happens to those with the 5 and have problems and need new phones 1-2 years down the line if they have applecare plus...
nerd.gif
since the 5 is now discontinued
Their 5 will be replaceed with a comparable 5s.
I asked an apple employee about this not too long ago.
no.. i mean as in of course the 5S is the flagship but as always they continue offering the prior phone for sale.. they 5 is now gone because of shortages which is why even with the 5S its gonna be very hard to get.

it came out directly from apple. look on yahoo. makes sense as to why it happened. why do you think the only upgrade on the 5C is the front camera
laugh.gif
its the exact phone just a plastic case.
The ppl who need their iphone (5)s replaced will get an iphone (5S).

That's what I was told.

So pretty much the only cases that essential make sense to put on them is the lifeproof/otterbox (to prevent damage from drops/water etc....
and battery cases.

IMO bulky protection cases are a bit much. 

Said person should just cop a warranty, since those protection are pretty expensive.

and battery cases.

IMO bulky protection cases are a bit much.

Said person should just cop a warranty, since those protection are pretty expensive.
depends I like the lifeproof isn't bulky plus u can take it underwater aka swim/shower etc.....take pics

so its out that the only reason the 5c is out is because of shortages of the aluminum cases for the iphone 5. if they still produced the 5 and 5s then it would be impossible.

i wonder what happens to those with the 5 and have problems and need new phones 1-2 years down the line if they have applecare plus... :nerd: since the 5 is now discontinued

Their 5 will be replaceed with a comparable 5s.

I asked an apple employee about this not too long ago.

no.. i mean as in of course the 5S is the flagship but as always they continue offering the prior phone for sale.. they 5 is now gone because of shortages which is why even with the 5S its gonna be very hard to get.

it came out directly from apple. look on yahoo. makes sense as to why it happened. why do you think the only upgrade on the 5C is the front camera :lol: its the exact phone just a plastic case.

The ppl who need their iphone (5)s replaced will get an iphone (5S).
That's what I was told.

i think we need confirmation :nerd:

I'm getting my 5 replaced on Thursday because of a broken volume button. Glad I can get it done before the craziness on Friday and I can put the official version of ios 7 on it. My friends who work in NYC, took pics of people lined up already.

Last edited:
Am I missing something? What's the point of camping out for days for something that will still be available down the road? I'm sure the 5s will probably sell out on release day, but there will be plenty to go around once the dust settles... Is it that important to have the phone on the first day?

^
To a lot of people, yes. They have no patience to wait a few weeks. They want to show it off to their friends and coworkers. If i'm due for an upgrade then i'll preorder something and have it delivered on release day. No way in hell i'll ever line up days for something.

most people wont even get them on release day anyways which is why they didnt take pre orders. they couldnt even make enough

depends I like the lifeproof isn't bulky plus u can take it underwater aka swim/shower etc.....take pics
Lifeproof customer service is top notch. I had 3 cases replaced. 2 for the 4S and one for the 5. The rubber bumper tends to peal over time,  and you can get it replaced without any receipt. I bought a faulty case from ebay for the 5 (didnt pass the waterproof test), told lifeproof i bought it from best buy and got it replaced.

Lifeproof customer service is top notch. I had 3 cases replaced. 2 for the 4S and one for the 5. The rubber bumper tends to peal over time,  and you can get it replaced without any receipt. I bought a faulty case from ebay for the 5 (didnt pass the waterproof test), told lifeproof i bought it from best buy and got it replaced.
lol so did I... I got one for the 4s and when they shipped it I messed around and had a 5 by then....only thing I hate is the headphone jacks are crapple and tend to wear out quick...whats funny you have to return the whole thing just to get that one piece replaced...matter fact I gotta do it now....

Who else is going to try to pick up a 5C? Trading my note 2 for a 5, and will then probably try to trade it for a 5C, if someone wants to lol. That blue 5C is calling me

People will forget the 5C is the same EXACT phone as the regular aluminum iPhone5. I hope people don't fall into this trap. There is no fingerprint scanner on the 5C. The specifications for the 5C and the regular iPhone 5 are the same, they both have the same A6 processor while the 5S has the A7.  The only difference one is made of aluminum and the other's back is made of colorful plastic.

People will forget the 5C is the same EXACT phone as the regular aluminum iPhone5. I hope people don't fall into this trap.

let them make the mistake lol

One could argue that the 5c is more durable than the iphone 5.
I have a 3gs and it's durable as hell.

not saying its not durable at all

but metal>>>>plastic

which one looks better, feels better? and actually looks like its worth the $600 price tag?

Is it over the air or must be through itunes?

Can you access your itunes account through another itunes (bro's laptop for example)?

not saying its not durable at all

but metal>>>>plastic

which one looks better, feels better? and actually looks like its worth the $600 price tag?
Both phones are overpriced so what is your point? None of these phones are "worth" their price tag. Apple says buy our phones because we have x, y, and z. Apple doesn't say buy our phones because you NEED x, y, and z.

Supposedly it takes $200 something for apple to make 1 iphone 5.

Apple being able to sell their iphones for WAY more than it costs for them to manufacture them speaks volumes about their impressive marketing rather than the "superior" materials in the iphone.

Both phones are overpriced so what is your point? None of these phones are "worth" their price tag. Apple says buy our phones because we have x, y, and z. Apple doesn't say buy our phones because you NEED x, y, and z.

Supposedly it takes $200 something for apple to make 1 iphone 5.

Apple being able to sell their iphones for WAY more than it costs for them to manufacture them speaks volumes about their impressive marketing rather than the "superior" materials in the iphone.
yep. that's what having a monster brand is all about.  You can rake in higher margins for products for which your competitor might have a similar cheaper alternative.

Ill give apple this...their phones don't fall apart like other phones I've had...my 4s still works well

Back
Top Bottom