Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Keep in mind. Many stores will never give you the "excellent" value for the phone. Excellent pretty much means the phone is brand new (in there eyes anyway)

I used to work for Best Buy mobile.

got a family plan and my dad's line has an upgrade ready. can I go to apple and buy a 5S and get it activated on my line right there? or would it have to be activated on his line right away?

or do they let you buy the phone using an upgrade without having to activate it at all? that would work too because I could just take my phone and his phone to AT&T the next morning and get the right phones activated on the right lines.

my dad's gonna be at work all day though and he needs his phone. I don't wanna miss out on the first batch of phones so I wanna go wait in line, but not if they'd make it so that his current phone stops working. I'm just gonna give him my current 5 and keep the 5s.

as long as I can buy the 5s without them deactivating his current sim, everything should be ok, but I don't know if they can do that at the apple store.

Last edited:
Not sure what kind of cases you like, but I prefer minimum silicon cases that still slide in and out of pockets easily. I've been using incipio ovrmld for almost the whole time I've had my 5, since about February. I very happy with it.

I've had a few cases for my 5, the one I like the most is my jcrew case, very minimal yet protective
View media item 580481

Info if I can still get this case? :nthat:

Repped you guys.

-Drew

Last edited:
my dad's gonna be at work all day though and he needs his phone. I don't wanna miss out on the first batch of phones so I wanna go wait in line, but not if they'd make it so that his current phone stops working. I'm just gonna give him my current 5 and keep the 5s.

as long as I can buy the 5s without them deactivating his current sim, everything should be ok, but I don't know if they can do that at the apple store.

if it's his upgrade and he is the primary account holder he has to be there anyway

Will 5 cases fit the 5c? Or would we be stuck using the garbage that apple is offering?

Sorry, I haven't looked into any of the sizing specs :\

Will 5 cases fit the 5c? Or would we be stuck using the garbage that apple is offering?Sorry, I haven't looked into any of the sizing specs :\

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't . Did a quick google search, Nd they are the same thinness and weight , and obviously the same width, so it should probably fit pretty good. The only issue I could see is the flash being possibly different. Here is a link to an article I found.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/0...es-hands-on-with-the-iphone-5s-and-iphone-5c/

Ignore that other post, I thought you meant 5s:/. The 5c is slightly thicker and wider. So it probably won't work with 5 cases.

Amazing how these same questions come up every single iPhone release as far as availability, pricing, and upgrades smh. Nothing has changed lol.

Amazing how these same questions come up every single iPhone release as far as availability, pricing, and upgrades smh. Nothing has changed lol.

Changes do happen though and there are people just jumping on to an iPhone on this release (me for example).

-Drew

Has anyone used gazelle.com? Thinking about using them, they're offering $190 for a "good" condition 16g 4s. i want the 5s but only if i can sell my 4s for at least the price of a 5s on contract/upgrade.

my 4s still works perfectly fine but i feel like in a year or two its gonna become obsolete. plus, i like having new things lol

have your dad add you as a authorized user. i know with att you can do it online.

I'm already an authorized user. hope someone has some insight.

Bro unless your father requests a new sim card his sim card does not get deactivated as soon you buy the phone, that's not how it works. You ask for your upgrade, pay whatever, and they'll give you the phone without a sim card.

Back
Top Bottom