Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
quick question: specifically which ios 8.0 versions can be jailbroken? 8.0-8.1?

Assuming that 8.1.4 isn't jailbreakable yet.

Can someone clarify what a factory unlocked iPhone is? I’m assuming it means it can be used with any cellular provider via sim card, but I don’t want to purchase anything I’m not sure of. Is this similar to a jailbreak, done by the user? I’m asking because I’m looking to purchase one for my girl’s upcoming birthday and she has a Sprint HTC One M8. Would she be able to simply transfer sim cards and use the iPhone if it was factory unlocked or is there more to it?

Can someone clarify what a factory unlocked iPhone is? I’m assuming it means it can be used with any cellular provider via sim card, but I don’t want to purchase anything I’m not sure of. Is this similar to a jailbreak, done by the user? I’m asking because I’m looking to purchase one for my girl’s upcoming birthday and she has a Sprint HTC One M8. Would she be able to simply transfer sim cards and use the iPhone if it was factory unlocked or is there more to it?
You're correct. Some carriers can unlock your phone for you. I think you have to be at the end of the phone's contract though.

IDK how sprint works. On gsm like att/tmobile, you'd be able to do that. I believe you'd have to let the carrier know so they adjust your plan or whatever else.

Assuming both phones use a nano sim.

Jailbreak is what people do to customize how their phone looks and install apps that apple wouldn't authorize for purchase on their app store.

One very useful jailbreak app I downloaded was this app that lets you customize what the buttons and gestures do.

If I hold the power button, it turns on my music. Press it twice, skips to the next song. So on and so forth.

Very useful when driving.

Going naked for the first time since a little after I got it. Pray for me, lords. :smokin [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

I've never used a case on my 6+. Dropped it twice and no cracks on it so far. I've been lucky I guess.

The phone overheats like crazy though.

Going naked for the first time since a little after I got it. Pray for me, lords.
smokin.gif
[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]
I only do this at home 
laugh.gif

if you're buying a 6/6+, you're good. they're GSM and CDMA compatible when unlocked.

It's a phone that can be used on any carrier whether its GSM or CDMA.  I have the factory unlocked iPhone6 and have changed carriers by simply signing up and inserting their sim.   So yes, your girl can put her current sim (assuming its a nano sim as well) into her new iPhone. 

Jailbreaking is something else...

finally got my 6+ factory unlocked took 7 days smh. Pretty cool how you can make a ring tone on itunes. Got the godzilla theme song 
smokin.gif

I know this has probably been asked before, but is there anyway to unlock a Sprint 6+ ?
If you mean SIM unlock, just set up an online chat with sprint and get them to internationally and domestically unlock your phone. I got both done a few days ago since I'm getting ready to sell my iphone 6+. If they ask you why, say you're going to Europe and want to use a local carrier since rates are cheaper. A chance they might not do it if you're still under contract.

Would it be wise to cop a 6 or 6+ now? I don't switch phones much. Maybe once every 2 years. I just don't want to be stuck with an obsolete phone & no value to bump up to the next one. Would hate to shell out 700+ for the 6s but if it'll be better in the long run I'll do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom