Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Any new buyers just dont get the 16gb and rely on icloud. Having hard memory is always more convenient. Is it just me or do pictures take more space up than before? I have to constantly delete pics.

Real talk though, im more excited for the better selfie cam than anything. How many mp is the current trash joint we all have?

I'm considering getting a 64GB 6s+ because I'm using a 16GB 5s and I'm down to 320mb of space left. Been considering downsizing my music but I don't wanna go through that, I like all my music on my phone at least the little I do have on there because it's 16GB plus I have tons of pics and a few vids. With the new 4k vid recording an live photos, space on the phone is definitely something to invest in. But I'm excited about the front facing cam too. Currently the front facing cam is 1.2mp and it's jumping up to 5mp

leasing phones.... lol

My boy is on the lease program with sprint and was trying to convince me of getting with it. Nah I'm old school, I'll use my upgrade and own my phone. If the iPhone 7 next year is that must have, I'll sell this 6s+ toward the 7 and pay the difference. Only thing that will change though is the design and the chip....

Last edited:
[thread="564981"] [/thread]

You don't have to upgrade either. If you're cool with your 6S/+ when the 7 come out, you can still hang onto it.
I hear you, but i'll end up paying the full price for it instead of the upgrade price with my carrier.. 

this man brings up a good point.

Option A
So a 64 gig iphone 6s on the apple payment plan is (with good credit mind you starting at) $36.58. in 12 months that equates to $438.96 in a year.

Option B
If you just do a 2 year plan the 64 gig iphone 6S is $300.

Now what am i missing? Yes you get apple care with option A. Which is what $129 or so for a year? So that makes it $429 vs $439.

With the ATT next plan they just amortized the price of the phone at 0% for 2 years allowing you to keep it after 2 years or turn it in after 1 and get a new phone. ATT profited because they got your phone back and your money for 12 months. You profited because you paid for half a phone and get a new one. Apple forcing apple care on the price kinda seems like a no go for me

Im gonna stick with paying the $300 and in 2 years selling my phone for around the same price and just repeat

Last edited:
Is it just me or no one knew about Sprint having this program already? :lol:

Its $15 / month too (the low end). Seems like everyone was so hype about Apple doing it, but Sprint had it since August.

Last edited:
I need to find out what apple will give me for my 6+ 64gig towards the new one. I'm hoping I can get around $400-450 and ill pay the difference 

Its $15 / month too (the low end). Seems like everyone was so hype about Apple doing it, but Sprint had it since August.

We know, but most of us also know Sprint is garbage and we want speeds faster than 5 MBps

^^^ You didn't profit though. You upgrading early means you paid for half a phone that you don't own. With the new phone, payments start again from zero (its not credited to what you paid prior).

That's an iPhone 6 16GB at 15 dollars AFTER smartphone device trade in. Regularly its 22 dollars before the 7 dollar price cut for the device trade in. It's also a leasing the device, a lot of our customers don't understand the leasing specifics of the plan then act surprised when we inform them of the contract details.

That's an iPhone 6 16GB at 15 dollars AFTER smartphone device trade in. Regularly its 22 dollars before the 7 dollar price cut for the device trade in. It's also a leasing the device, a lot of our customers don't understand the leasing specifics of the plan then act surprised when we inform them of the contract details.
so can you keep the phone after the lease period or do you have to trade it in when the new model releases?

so can you keep the phone after the lease period or do you have to trade it in when the new model releases?
Trade in the current iPhone to get the new model release.

Edit: I know for a fact there's going to be customers that want to buy the phone for the end of life price to keep the lease and still try to take advantage of the upgrade :lol:

Last edited:
Basically, if you know how to take care of your phone for two years, the regular 2-yr plan with your carrier is a better deal. Sure, the Apple plan includes AppleCare, but I don't think it's worth it.

The last time I bought AppleCare was when I had the iPhone 3G because of the plastic backing.

It comes down to what the best option is for you.

You don't have to upgrade either. If you're cool with your 6S/+ when the 7 come out, you can still hang onto it.
I hear you, but i'll end up paying the full price for it instead of the upgrade price with my carrier.. 

Option A
So a 64 gig iphone 6s on the apple payment plan is (with good credit mind you starting at) $36.58. in 12 months that equates to $438.96 in a year.

Option B

Now what am i missing? Yes you get apple care with option A. Which is what $129 or so for a year? So that makes it $429 vs $439.

With the ATT next plan they just amortized the price of the phone at 0% for 2 years allowing you to keep it after 2 years or turn it in after 1 and get a new phone. ATT profited because they got your phone back and your money for 12 months. You profited because you paid for half a phone and get a new one. Apple forcing apple care on the price kinda seems like a no go for me

Im gonna stick with paying the $300 and in 2 years selling my phone for around the same price and just repeat
you didn't profit, it's all the the same. You just paid it upfront and others pay it in 24 months lol the only way you profit is if you don't get another iPhone after you sold the first one

Basically, if you know how to take care of your phone for two years, the regular 2-yr plan with your carrier is a better deal. Sure, the Apple plan includes AppleCare, but I don't think it's worth it.

The last time I bought AppleCare was when I had the iPhone 3G because of the plastic backing.

It comes down to what the best option is for you.
Exactly. I'm cool with paying a deductible honestly, it's in the fine print and I agreed to be liable for the payment of it if anything is to ever happen to my device that IM responsible for.

Edit: I know for a fact there's going to be customers that want to buy the phone for the end of life price to keep the lease and still try to take advantage of the upgrade
laugh.gif
i mean can you keep the phone past a year? or is it mandatory that you trade in

Funny, I was following a live blog of the Keynote and I honestly wasn't interested in the updated iPhone. I think that has to due with my mentality that the iPhone 6plus is a good enough phone to have for more than two years.

I'm glad im an existing customer with a 2 year contract. This leasing crap is stupid.
Definitely is, I'll never lease a phone.

So what do you call paying $300 for a phone that retails for $999? You didn't buy that :lol:

Edit: I know for a fact there's going to be customers that want to buy the phone for the end of life price to keep the lease and still try to take advantage of the upgrade :lol:
i mean can you keep the phone past a year? or is it mandatory that you trade in
yeah you can keep it and then your bill gets lower

[thread="564981"]Apple Iphone Thread Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 First Pg Under Construction Post Any Good Apps/17880#post_24118952​[/thread]

Option A

Option B

Any one have ATT mobile share???

Because they charge your line an extra $25 a month if you purchase an iPhone at the discounted 2 Year Plan Rate. 

So that would be essentially:

$300 for the phone +

$300 per year (for 2 years) on your AT&T bill (Not including taxes.)

vs.

$440 a year with apple. 

Last edited:
I tell people all the time.

ATT iphone 6 plus 64 gig. i can get $400-600 for if i sold it right now.

the difference would be 300-500 to buy and OUTRIGHT own a 6s. forget a contract. 

Option A

Option B

you didn't profit, it's all the the same. You just paid it upfront and others pay it in 24 months lol the only way you profit is if you don't get another iPhone after you sold the first one

Hypothetically speaking if you keep just getting the newest phone every single year you are making money. You are paying for half of a phone for a year. Just repeat until you die :lol: that way you never have paid for a full phone and get the full use of the phone.

But does ATT max share really charge you an extra $25 a month? for what? The ability to upgrade when you want to? That sounds shady i thought companies stopped that

I'm confused what side you on :lol:

I'm not interested in owning a iPhone when new ones come out every year so paying $20 for a year and changing phones is fine to me

For people that keep phones longer than two years then all these new plans are pointless to you. You don't get the real benefits

Back
Top Bottom