• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
"Taking their time"

How long do you think it takes them to make one iPhone 7 Plus? As in, put it together.

I'm willing to bet it doesn't take more than 15 minutes for one machine or person to put one together. Multiply that by how many people are making it.

Now tell my how you still believe that it's realistic for them to have ONE SINGLE 7 PLUS sent to my local Apple store, and my pre order it still scheduled for October 19th?

I think the dual camera is where the hold up is coming from. They have to make sure that the units don't fail and are able to hold up since the dual camera will more than likely be the norm from here on out with the plus models. My gripe with them is that the keynote was flat and the only saving grace was the 7 plus dual camera only for that to be at a limited quantity.

I would've rather them put the 7 plus at a later release date like the airpods then get everybody up in arms like this. I'm salty AF

Yeah man, Apple is really loosing money because they can't capitalize on hype.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm..

But if it is, you need to realize that their stocks have been dropping for over a year now I believe, and it's been repeated time and time again that people aren't as interested in upgrading every year anymore.

If they can't capitalize on a super hyped phone that was quoted as "boring", and predicted to not be a big sell, then yes, they're losing.

Until you have definitive proof iPhone profits down then this is all speculation and conjecture.

Frankly you just sound butthurt.

Last edited:
Yeah man, Apple is really loosing money because they can't capitalize on hype.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm..

But if it is, you need to realize that their stocks have been dropping for over a year now I believe, and it's been repeated time and time again that people aren't as interested in upgrading every year anymore.

If they can't capitalize on a super hyped phone that was quoted as "boring", and predicted to not be a big sell, then yes, they're losing.

Until you have definitive proof iPhone profits down then this is all speculation and conjecture.

The definitive proof is in the technology behind these phones man.

It's not like it used to be. We took such huge leaps as far as technology in the beginning iterations of the iPhone. But now, the jumps in tech from year to year are getting smaller and smaller. This means, people don't NEED to upgrade every year.. because their iPhone 6 or 6S will last 3 generations if they have to.

Longer lasting phone technology = less people upgrading = less sales = stocks drop.

Don't even get me started on the people who say "Apple ruins your old phone every time so you have to upgrade.." because they clearly don't understand the above facts.

You're talking about an iPhone now with 3GB of ram, 256GB max storage, and a 64bit architecture. (7 Plus) This thing will likely last 3-4 generations if you need it to.

Copped a 6S+ via my job last week since I moved my personal number over. Thought about it some more and decided to exchange for a 7 plus in black 128GB. Wait time is 2nd week in Nov now. I'm good with that.

Pretty much lol please believe this phone will do numbers . If they were losing money why are you still waiting to purchase ? lol at the end of the day you will cop and another phone is sold.

Most people buy during the holiday season anyway and don't care about getting the phone day 1 or even during the first month .
The definitive proof is in the technology behind these phones man.

It's not like it used to be. We took such huge leaps as far as technology in the beginning iterations of the iPhone. But now, the jumps in tech from year to year are getting smaller and smaller. This means, people don't NEED to upgrade every year.. because their iPhone 6 or 6S will last 3 generations if they have to.

You have no idea what you are talking about lmao. The jump from the 6s to the 7 is substantial , and the jump from the 6 to 7 is massive technology wise.

Let me get on my phone and post the numbers

Last edited:
Oh I'm not saying this phone won't do numbers. It's doing surprisingly better than I think anyone thought it would, considering the majority reaction after the keynote was "meh" and "nothing really new besides the basic upgrades we saw coming".

But what I AM saying is that Apple is losing out on the impulse buyers who buy into the hype.

Is that enough to break them as a company? No. But as a business who has had their investors skeptical due to declining stock value and technological innovation, you would think they'd realize that those impulse buyers account for a good chunk of their sales. With the Note 7 taking L's harder than the entire Stark Family in Game of Thrones, now is their time to capitalize and get ahead.

@Beezy, if you're going to post Benchmarks, just stop. I know the Benchmark scores from the 6 to the 7 are drastic. This is mainly pointed towards the yearly jumps, when I state things are slowing down a bit.

For the casual consumer, the benchmarks mean nothing. As long as these phones can still run the latest software smoothly without crapping the bed, people understand that their phones work just fine.

and :lol: @ "the jump from 6S to 7 is substantial"

Other than the camera, every single review you watch pretty much states that it's just an iPhone 6S with an extra hint of juice in it. I don't agree myself, because I know the differences. But I wouldn't say that those differences are enough to say I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to the slowing of leaps in phone technology.

Last edited:
Oh I'm not saying this phone won't do numbers. It's doing surprisingly better than I think anyone thought it would, considering the majority reaction after the keynote was "meh" and "nothing really new besides the basic upgrades we saw coming".

But what I AM saying is that Apple is losing out on the impulse buyers who buy into the hype.

Is that enough to break them as a company? No. But as a business who has had their investors skeptical due to declining stock value and technological innovation, you would think they'd realize that those impulse buyers account for a good chunk of their sales. With the Note 7 taking L's harder than the entire Stark Family in Game of Thrones, now is their time to capitalize and get ahead.

I don't think impulse buyers are dramatically going to impact the bottom line either way.

Apple sells things other than iPhones so I don't know why you keep implying a direct correlation between their share prices and sales results for this phone.

There are as many people that bought the phone because it was limited that will buy it on a whim.

Last edited:
So you're gonna sit here with a straight face and say that the iPhone is not Apple's bread and butter? :stoneface:

That the sales of the iPhone do not directly affect Apple as a company?
If any new model of an iPhone completely tanked, you don't think it'd affect them at all? Or?

Yes, there are other products. But the iPhone is their main course.

Yes, I agree that impulse buyers not buying won't kill them.. but as a business whose ultimate goal is always to increase profits, when that target is there, I believe you should always aim to hit it.

Last edited:
40% jump in speed I ONE YEAR isn't substantial? Tf are you talking about. If you know the benchmark speeds then your clearly just making up stuff .

This phone will do numbers this holiday season as it always does.

Last edited:
Copped a 6S+ via my job last week since I moved my personal number over. Thought about it some more and decided to exchange for a 7 plus in black 128GB. Wait time is 2nd week in Nov now. I'm good with that.

6S is same exact phone as the 7

If it's free exchange go ahead but if you're paying any more, don't bother

My job is paying for it so no sweat off my back honestly.

@Beezy, if you're going to post Benchmarks, just stop. I know the Benchmark scores from the 6 to the 7 are drastic. This is mainly pointed towards the yearly jumps, when I state things are slowing down a bit.

For the casual consumer, the benchmarks mean nothing. As long as these phones can still run the latest software smoothly without crapping the bed, people understand that their phones work just fine.

and :lol: @ "the jump from 6S to 7 is substantial"

Other than the camera, every single review you watch pretty much states that it's just an iPhone 6S with an extra hint of juice in it. I don't agree myself, because I know the differences. But I wouldn't say that those differences are enough to say I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to the slowing of leaps in phone technology.

Reviews I saw, camera is basically the same

I came from 6S

Minus the 7 being black

Same exact ****** phone. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot.

Don't care what the bench mark says, of course it's processing and whatever is faster but not even noticeable. Talking about the phone itself from wht we can see and use. Absolutely same exact phone

40% jump in speed I ONE YEAR isn't substantial? Tf are you talking about. If you know the benchmark speeds then your clearly just making up stuff .

View media item 1906562

Considering 90% of yearly jumps from iPhone to iPhone have seen these phones 2x faster than their predecessors, yes, I'd say that this new phone being less than half of that means that things are slowing down a bit.

Not the best job but I'll finesse it with a nail file later to cut a good square shape :lol:

View media item 2173697
For $9.99 I'll survive :lol: I'm sure the actual 7 version will be out soon.

Damn, I actually got the legit one of that case lol. I was hoping it'd fit if all I have to do is widen the camera lens hole. Please post after pics when you do it lol.

If you have the real one I'd take your time and use a brand new xacto. Patience is key. Mine was a bit rushed :rolleyes

Last edited:

My job is paying for it so no sweat off my back honestly.

Then go for it bruh

I just don't believe any profits are going to lost by availability, as long as those phone are readily available by Christmas time they won't lose one cent from anyone who wasn't going to buy anyways.

This phone will do numbers this holiday season as it always does.

Benchmarks are great, but in real life performance it's only marginally faster than the 6s in terms of how it opens, manages and handles tasks. The potential to pull away is there, but hasn't been utilized yet

Bruh Apple will sell regardless. Everybody knows the iPhone (not talkin about SE or C models) comes out once a year.  There's always articles right before the new iPhone comes out that says iPhone sales are slowing down and is Apple in trouble lol.  Same thing every year. And as soon as the iPhone comes out and holiday season it kicks right back up.  

Let me set this straight- I'm not saying that Apple is going to go out of business or go under.

All I originally said was that this shortage in supply is hindering their ability to capitalize on the current hype to get the phone.

:rofl: let's all gather our jimmies now and relax. Apple gon Apple, they gonna flourish no matter what. We all know that.

Let me set this straight- I'm not saying that Apple is going to go out of business or go under.

All I originally said was that this shortage in supply is hindering their ability to capitalize on the current hype to get the phone.

:rofl: let's all gather our jimmies now and relax. Apple gon Apple, they gonna flourish no matter what. We all know that.

And all I'm saying is I disagree. There are a very small percentage of people who aren't going to buy this phone because it isn't available and I believe there are just as many people that jumped to buy it now because of limited availbility.

Bottom line, in my opinion the availability did not change how many people are going to buy the phone, ESPECIALLY when the biggest competitor had exploding phones.

Running into the issue of battery dying, but still wanting to watch netflix with my headphones. 

Back
Top Bottom