Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

He said he's thinking of picking up an S3, not an S2.
I'm aware of that, but afaik, there's not that much difference in the phones Samsung releases anyway. They're all pretty much the same, with a different name and with minor spec changes or upgrades.
laugh.gif

i cant believe you had da audacity to utter this completely false statement.

s3 makes da s2 look prehistoric... this statement does however applies to that lackluster update from da 4 to da 4s iphone

New OS? :lol:

I mess with apple, but c'mon son.

If the leaked images are true, they should have also added a little more width to the phone.
is iOS 6 not a big deal?

Google seems to go all out for Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean etc....

brah Jailbreaking is the way mane. I can do every damn thing with my 4s. I dont get how people hate the interface, lol Its super efficient because all I need to be able to do is launch my apps.

I try to tell people this, even after 2 years my iphone 4 has never gotten stale because of jailbreaking and jailbreaking alone. I couldn't deal with a stock iphone or any stock android phone, gotta use it to its full capability

only thing I'm not liking about the 5 is the headphone jack being put on the bottom :smh:, other than that its all good. I'm fine with the screen size i have an ipad i don't need a VCR sized phone made of plastic :x

brah Jailbreaking is the way mane. I can do every damn thing with my 4s. I dont get how people hate the interface, lol Its super efficient because all I need to be able to do is launch my apps.

I try to tell people this, even after 2 years my iphone 4 has never gotten stale because of jailbreaking and jailbreaking alone. I couldn't deal with a stock iphone or any stock android phone, gotta use it to its full capability

only thing I'm not liking about the 5 is the headphone jack being put on the bottom :smh:, other than that its all good. I'm fine with the screen size i have an ipad i don't need a VCR sized phone made of plastic :x
why? makes perfect sense, how you hold your phone when you talk on it? How you put it in your pocket?

Last edited:
why? makes perfect sense, how you hold your phone when you talk on it? How you put it in your pocket?
This.

What are the benefits of a bigger screen that outweigh the pros of keeping the screen at 3.5 inches?

I hold it upright and put it in my pocket upright when the headphones are in, a bottom headphone jack will stretch the flimsy *** cords more often IMO plus my car peripherals were made for a headphone slot at the top not the bottom, I'd have to flip the phone upside down to use them with the 5 and the screen orientation doesnt change vertically on iphones

I hold it upright and put it in my pocket upright when the headphones are in, a bottom headphone jack will stretch the flimsy *** cords more often IMO plus my car peripherals were made for a headphone slot at the top not the bottom, I'd have to flip the phone upside down to use them with the 5 and the screen orientation doesnt change vertically on iphones
I don't see how it would do that unless the cord is short. If you use a clip, that would solve that stretching problem.

Do you use an aux cable to connect your phone or something else?

Having it on the bottom is actually a better design

They could fix the the vertical rotating on iOS 6

The speakers, which are on the bottom would be louder facing up

The headphone wire won't dangle in the way of the screen.

The reason they probably didn't do it earlier was because the speaker, mic, 30 pin connector took up too much space.

If you looks at previous gen nanos they have the headphone jack at the bottom.

If the headphone jack is at the bottom you won't have to rotate your wrist when you extend your arm to put it in your pocket

ergonomics ftw

Having it on the bottom is actually a better design
They could fix the the vertical rotating on iOS 6
The speakers, which are on the bottom would be louder facing up
The headphone wire won't dangle in the way of the screen.
The reason they probably didn't do it earlier was because the speaker, mic, 30 pin connector took up too much space.
If you looks at previous gen nanos they have the headphone jack at the bottom.
If the headphone jack is at the bottom you won't have to rotate your wrist when you extend your arm to put it in your pocket
ergonomics ftw

THIS! i've been waiting for apple to put the headphone jack at the bottom for quite sometime now cuz i hate it when my headphone cord gets in the way pulling my phone in and out of my pocket. i always preferred the headphone jack placement on the ipod touch since it doesn't force the cord to bend when the phone is in portrait mode. a couple of my beats cords broke from this and it's annoying as hell.

I finally get to upgrade. I have the iPhone 4, and its actually in really good condition. I love the interconnectedness of my phone, laptop and iPad.

Just realized I sounded kind of fanboyish... ehh, I ain't eem mad.

For you guys who have Verizon you're allowed to upgrade 2 months early

Yeah but i remember verizon changed their policy that if u get a phone subsidized u have to revert to a shared data plan and loose ur grandfathered unlimited
I have att and hope they dont try to pull this **** its bad enough i wont be able to use my unlimited to use facetime on cellular

I don't see how it would do that unless the cord is short. If you use a clip, that would solve that stretching problem.
Do you use an aux cable to connect your phone or something else?

This is actually a big problem for me.

I use an aux cable to listen to my phone in my car all the time. Phone sits in cup holder with cable in the top. I pick up phone and double click home button to change to next song. Now i have to pick up phone turn right side up or just do it all upside down? This is a rather big inconvenience for me since i drive a lot and it will make me take my eyes off the road for a split second longer more then likely.

But speakers at the top would be nice i think. I also think it would be nice so the cord doesn't hang in your way if you are using portrait mode while listening to music.

He said he's thinking of picking up an S3, not an S2.
I'm aware of that, but afaik, there's not that much difference in the phones Samsung releases anyway. They're all pretty much the same, with a different name and with minor spec changes or upgrades.

android phones are NOT created equal . . . there are a TON of android phones on the market, but there's only a few iPhone killers. When I discuss android vs iOS, I'm comparing android's "creme de la creme" to the iPhone (like let's say the Samsung Galaxy S III or Google Galaxy Nexus or HTC ONE). Just because you have android on your phone doesn't make it the best phone. iOS is a software AND hardware combination sold and marketed as a whole by Apple. Android is JUST an operating system and it's up to the manufacturers to pair hardware with it. Some android phones are monster and some are just s#$t.

What about AT&T? :lol:
at the corporate stores, anyone can upgrage within the moonth of the upgrade.

Also, f you stayon top of your bill, depending on how much value you are to the company,you can get an upgrade 3-6 months early.

I would advise anyone with att to actually go inside of a corporate store and see when your upgrade is available.

Ive seen people come in thinking they werent able to upgrade until 3 months down the line and come to find out, they can get the upgrade.

at the corporate stores, anyone can upgrage within the moonth of the upgrade.
Also, f you stayon top of your bill, depending on how much value you are to the company,you can get an upgrade 3-6 months early.
I would advise anyone with att to actually go inside of a corporate store and see when your upgrade is available.
Ive seen people come in thinking they werent able to upgrade until 3 months down the line and come to find out, they can get the upgrade.

Cause AT&T is now issuing customers upgrades as far as 2013 with "early" upgrades , I want a full upgrade iPhone , my upgrade is November 1st , actually a month away from release date if you want to be technical

:lol:

i cant believe you had da audacity to utter this completely false statement.

s3 makes da s2 look prehistoric... this statement does however applies to that lackluster update from da 4 to da 4s iphone

and the s4 is gonna look like a Blackberry Storm now that they can't keep copying Apple

Cause AT&T is now issuing customers upgrades as far as 2013 with "early" upgrades , I want a full upgrade iPhone , my upgrade is November 1st , actually a month away from release date if you want to be technical
that's what I'm talking about bro.

0-12: no discount

13-18 or 21: early upgrade

18 or 21+ : full upgrade.

Those are in months.

Many people don't know they have this cycle.

I do wanna get the new iPhone but iOS 6 is looking like trash. No transit option for the map app? No YouTube app? Nothing really worth updating for. Might just get a 4s

Back
Top Bottom