Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

So what I'm getting is

If you've got a 4s, pass on the 5.

I went to sprint today and they were sold out. Played around with the demo phone and in all honesty, I can't justify getting it. The bigger screen is cool, but not exactly enough to make the leap. Got another 4S to hold me over for another year.
Until the 4S can't do something, i'm keeping it. The new phone has the same functionality software wise. 

Other note...these earpods aren't bad at all just for some headphones to have around on you.

Last edited:
My battery life has been amazing. probably using 70% wifi 30% LTE this past weekend.

You should do a full day of LTE. I'm curious to see how other users numbers are. Could you do this if you don't mind?

There's a lot of posts on Apple and Verizon about people not getting very good battery life. I'm trying to see how much I get today just on LTE with my regular usage based on what I did with my iPhone 4 on a regular work day for me.

sure, ill give it a try tomorrow

I just found out this backup site existed no more than 5 minutes ago, swore NT was dead after yuku. Came here and see they jerked me out of my old sn, smh.

Anyway, had mine since Friday off the pre-o and the joint flys. Definitely worth the upgrade coming from the 4. I paid the off contract price and to me it was worth keeping my unlimited rather than the weak 2gb or 5gb share everything plan Verizon wanted to put me on if I upgraded. LTE is too damn fast for that limitation BS. I was all for going naked til I dropped it leaving a lounge Friday night, needless I say I was at the store early as $&@? The next morning for some protection. iPhone is a winner in my book.

Bruh I'm ready to dropkick the face of a Radio Shack corporate employee. Still nothing on an ETA for my phone. Makes no sense. What was the point of me preordering?
People should know by now that preordering from places like Radio Shack and Best Buy is not a good idea.

Best Buy was clutch for me. Granted, they did not have my order ready for pickup first thing in the morning. But it was received later on launch day.

Last edited:
Best Buy was clutch for me. Granted, they did not have my order ready for pickup first thing in the morning. But it was received later on launch day.

Same. got my email the day before and setup an 8am appointment with Best Buy. The store didn't open until 10, so it was only for pre-orders. I left work, went to Best Buy, got my phone and was back at work within an hour.

It sucks I don't have unlimited data anymore on Verizon. Only thing i'm not happy with. I'm mostly on wifi when at home so I need to see how much data is used when I use navigation or stream music on long drives.

Anyone hear about this 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/24/apple-to-launch-personal-pickup-for-iphone-5-tonight/

do you guys think i will have a problem with this, im gonna do that personal pickup thing but when i return my phone to at&t do you guys think they will care that my charging cable has teeth marks from a cat on it?

I want to know what is your guys opinion on rocking just one of those Invisishield screen protectors? Will it really protect the screen from cracking if dropped????

:lol: it protects the screen from scratches not impact. Get a case if you plan to drop it

Yeah I figured that, just that in video they dropping dynamites on it, hitting it with hammers, and all other wild things lol

Anyone else hate the earpods controls? or is it just mine. Like double clicking to skip songs never work like the OG.

My bad man. I missed you quoting me on this.
I am using the Ultimate Clear from Rearth. They are really good as far as quality and customer service. It is even to the point that they emailed me saying that they are sending out new screen protectors because they do not like the fitment of them currently. Mine is on with no issues, but I will take a couple new ones for free w/out having to send the others back. :smokin
Reath Ringbo Screen Protector
I also have the Skinomi Full Body Protector on the way so I can grab the rear part to use once the bumper case I got comes in.
Skinomi Full Body Protector

Got the same email, to me the screen protectors fit fine. Sure ill take some free ones though lol..

Same. got my email the day before and setup an 8am appointment with Best Buy. The store didn't open until 10, so it was only for pre-orders. I left work, went to Best Buy, got my phone and was back at work within an hour.
I'm still waiting for mines! Been getting nothing but the run around messing with bestbuy! NEVER AGAIN! :smh:>:

Last edited:
Anyone else hate the earpods controls? or is it just mine. Like double clicking to skip songs never work like the OG.
They don't even fit well in my ears and fall out. I've been using my Seinheisser head phones instead.

Best thing about the 5 especially while being on niketalk. Is I get to see all the videos that's posted in threads.

I hated not being able to see it.

Switched from iPhone 4S to iPhone 5 and I enjoy it a lot. Bigger screen is nice and LTE is just :pimp:. Faster processor is nice to have also. 

Switched from AT&T to VZW and its been fantastic. 2000 Minutes 5GB of LTE and UNL Texts for $40 is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Maps has been working flawless for me around the Las Vegas Valley and they are trying to improve maps as it progresses. Remember when Google Maps was all messed up and we were using MapQuest? Give it some time. 

On a side note, after the new update to Apple's Podcast app its been running superbly. I enjoy it a lot and the UI looks extremely polished now hated it before. 

-Drew.

still no service for me :smh:. Im to the point where I just want a damn phone to contact people with. If it doesn't work by tomorrow im going to the store again cus not having a phone for 3 days is ridiculous. They told me that I am not the only one that this is happening to.

So what I'm getting is
If you've got a 4s, pass on the 5.
I went to sprint today and they were sold out. Played around with the demo phone and in all honesty, I can't justify getting it. The bigger screen is cool, but not exactly enough to make the leap. Got another 4S to hold me over for another year.

Can the 4s get 4G/LTE? Are you an area that can get those speeds? Because thats a major difference unless you're always on wifi somehow.

And the bigger screen is nice.

In another, I doubt there will be much difference except a better camera, faster processor, more memory. Anything else will be ios updates. I can't think of anything they're really missing.

I Dont know how a Sprint user in an LTE city isnt trying to get the 5, lol Sprints 3g is UNUSABLE , now if you are around wifi all the time then its understanble. I will say dudes that had the 4s shouldnt hurt their head about the 5, The way Apple works every other iPhone is worth your time, Only reason I cop an iphone every year is cause I want it, I could have skipped the 4s because my Jailbroken 4 did all that stuff, the 5 made up for what the 4s didn't give me because I never used siri only upgrade was the camera and dual core.

Switched from iPhone 4S to iPhone 5 and I enjoy it a lot. Bigger screen is nice and LTE is just :pimp:. Faster processor is nice to have also. 

Switched from AT&T to VZW and its been fantastic. 2000 Minutes 5GB of LTE and UNL Texts for $40 is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Maps has been working flawless for me around the Las Vegas Valley and they are trying to improve maps as it progresses. Remember when Google Maps was all messed up and we were using MapQuest? Give it some time. 

On a side note, after the new update to Apple's Podcast app its been running superbly. I enjoy it a lot and the UI looks extremely polished now hated it before. 

-Drew.

:lol:

For a second I was buggin' and thought I wrote this.

-Drew

just got my phone, big question: I've always updated and synced my phones on an older computer but now with the new phone i want to sync it on a new computer but is it possible to restore/sync it to an older back up on the new comp? I assume i can transfer the back up files to the new computer somehow, I'm not used to iTunes. Anyone with a walkthrough or steps on doing this would be greatly appreciated!

Switched from iPhone 4S to iPhone 5 and I enjoy it a lot. Bigger screen is nice and LTE is just
pimp.gif
. Faster processor is nice to have also. 

Switched from AT&T to VZW and its been fantastic. 2000 Minutes 5GB of LTE and UNL Texts for $40 is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Drew.
laugh.gif

For a second I was buggin' and thought I wrote this.

-Drew
No, by now we know exactly how you feel.  I mean, it makes perfect sense to keep posting in a thread about a phone you don't like and have no intention of picking up.  

Keep trollin', brah.  

-Drew.

how on earth are you getting all that for $40 a month!>!>!>

Back
Top Bottom