Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

just called and confirmed i have a full upgrade on the line i fully upgraded last november and i have early upgrades for the other 2 lines on my account. dont think im gonna touch the early upgrades. talked to a couple reps and they all said same thing, iphone 5 for $199. mind blown :smokin

Question: Im looking to cell my 5 since i have two preordered. But Im doing an in store pickup and I don't want them to activate it or open it up as this will decrease the value. Is it possible for them to not activate it being that one of them is an upgrade or will they just activate it before I can do anything? Im looking to pay these guys at the upgrade price and not full.

Can anyone give me some info on this?

^
You still notice the gaps in the screen though. Black just looked too plain to me. The white model looks so damn clean and the past few phones I've bought were all black so I wanted to switch it up. I've been liking the look of white phones instead of the standard black or blue recently.

On the black phone I do no notice it at all.

On the white phone you can see the letter boxing on the top and bottom.

Google has not submitted a new Maps app for iOS, says Schmidt (updated)
theverge_1020_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Before Eric Schmidt left Google’s Nexus 7 event in Tokyo today, he passed some bad news on to the iPhone users in attendance. When asked if Google had in fact submitted a new native Google Maps for App Store approval, Schmidt denied the rumor, saying, “we have not done anything yet,” reports Reuters. Apple’s decision to replace Google Maps with its own mapping service in the recently-released iOS 6 has proved awkward, with many users complaining of missing information, inaccurate labeling, and problems with the new 3D Flyover mode. While The Loop threw cold water on the idea last week, many users hoped that a replacement for the missing Google Maps app was in the works.

Update: Reuters has softened the tone of its original report which is now disputed by Bloomberg. Bloomberg says that Schmidt declined to say whether Google submitted its Maps app for Apple approval. Instead it quotes him saying, "We haven’t done anything yet with Google Maps," adding that Apple would "have to approve it. It’s their choice." The updated Reuters piece now quotes the Google chairman saying that Google and Apple are in constant communication at "all kinds of levels," while appearing to say that the decision to remove Google Maps from iOS was Apple's alone. "We think it would have been better if they had kept ours. But what do I know?" Schmidt said in Tokyo. "What were we going to do, force them not to change their mind? It's their call."

:tongue:

Last edited:
just called and confirmed i have a full upgrade on the line i fully upgraded last november and i have early upgrades for the other 2 lines on my account. dont think im gonna touch the early upgrades. talked to a couple reps and they all said same thing, iphone 5 for $199. mind blown :smokin

Good deal. Wish I had some of that luck on my side. How/where did you upgrade your phone last year. Sounds like they messed something up on their end.

dude.. they aren't going to activate it for you, unless you ask them to. it's less work for them.

Sorry this is my first time doing this. So when I go to pay for it just tell them I don't want them to activate it for me and I'll do it on my own? I was told they have to activate it in order for my upgrade to be applied. Im planning on selling it as (AT&T) not unlocked so thats why I'm a little confused. I just want to make sure I'm able to sell it without my info and stuff being transfered.

^
They'll probably just hand it to you and say you can activate it at home with your computer.

Sorry this is my first time doing this. So when I go to pay for it just tell them I don't want them to activate it for me and I'll do it on my own? I was told they have to activate it in order for my upgrade to be applied. Im planning on selling it as (AT&T) not unlocked so thats why I'm a little confused. I just want to make sure I'm able to sell it without my info and stuff being transfered.
Exactly, they don't really care what you do with your phone... You're paying the amount - they are happy. You are using your upgrading and staying for another 2 years on contract - they are happy. You could straight up throw your phone in the trash.... - they are happy...

and I don't mean to come off as rude. but yeah, you're good.

Exactly, they don't really care what you do with your phone... You're paying the amount - they are happy. You are using your upgrading and staying for another 2 years on contract - they are happy. You could straight up throw your phone in the trash.... - they are happy...

and I don't mean to come off as rude. but yeah, you're good.

Hahaha nah man its all cool. Im just paranoid. I just wanted to make sure because I don't want them to decrease the value of the phone by opening it up and doing all sorts of stuff. Part of me wants to keep the white one also and i havent backed anything up and i just dont want any funny business to happen.

Just found out that I'm eligible to early upgrade on my line in about 2 weeks. Gamestop is offering $290 for a 16GB 4S so I'll be selling my phone to them and only have to spend about $200 out of pocket maybe after tax for a black 16GB i5.

Just found out that I'm eligible to early upgrade on my line in about 2 weeks. Gamestop is offering $290 for a 16GB 4S so I'll be selling my phone to them and only have to spend about $200 out of pocket maybe after tax for a black 16GB i5.
Really that much for the for 16gb 4s. Wonder how much I can get for my 32gb 4s :nerd:

Down to 81% battery using LTE with 1 hour and 38 min of actual usage. Stand by is 5 hours and 11 minutes...

Kind of frustrated because I have low brightness with auto brightness disabled. Also have disabled the stock ticker and weather notifications to help conserve battery...

I am not seeing the 8 hours of LTE usage Apple was advertising :frown:

Edit: However, I guess doing the math that could equal out to about 8 hours of usage... I'll see how far it gets me today. Playing a little Angry Birds and watching a few movie clips today so far too. No like a 3 hour movie though...

Last edited:
Really that much for the for 16gb 4s. Wonder how much I can get for my 32gb 4s :nerd:

$299 for AT&T & $275 for VZ & Sprint http://www.gamestop.com/recommerce/...Apple+iPhone+4S+32GB+Verizon+-+A1387&concept=

Apple's "Cube"aka (Melted Cube) store in NY,NY Fifth ave rendition on ios6 maps

Google's Earth/Maps of Apple's "Cube" store in NY,NY Fifth ave rendition.

Look at the touch of detail they even put on the seperate glass panels and apple logo.

:smh: :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom