Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

Well y'all here it goes. Had to cop for the family. Last pair we all got together was the Bordeaux 7's. Finally finished my OG 8's color way set I always had 2 outta 3 whether it was playoffs and Aquas or playoffs and Bunny's I never had them all together for some odd reason.

Sorry for all the pics but it's a great time of year to cop kicks for the family. Also a bonus which just shoes the quality that JB went to put in this shoe which was to put the OG insole inside the infant sneakers
Got the All star kicks from 91', 92', and 93' finally as well which reminds me I need to UNDS my infrared 6's soon they got dust on the bottom from sitting on display in my closet this last year.
Nice that you completed the set man. Also i must warn you, infrared 6s are on the bigger side, i should've went half a size down on those because i wear the same size and they run so big.

^ This reminds me of what I went through yesterday. I wanted to return my pair at Foot Locker (got another pair gifted) and they gave me the stupid runaround about returning. Apparently, same day returns are against policy, because they "mess with inventory". Possibly one of the dumbest excuses I've ever heard. Me approaching a manager made matters worse, because dude was hella dismissive; he spent more time trying to duck me than solving the issue. 99% sure I'm never copping from Foot Locker again.
Yeah bro, they took it to a whole 'notha level with that one. Good thing they didn't pull that one out the hat on me today 'cause they probably woulda had to call mall security.

Nice that you completed the set man. Also i must warn you, infrared 6s are on the bigger side, i should've went half a size down on those because i wear the same size and they run so big.

Oh boy I was told to wear a forcefield with them but now I see why smh. Appreciate it fam.

​
 ​
The OG Playoff 8's were BEAUTIFUL.....
 ​
 ​
 ​
We'll most likely get a proper/better retro in 2017, or maybe even sooner than that. @jaylaw15...

Last edited:
The 8s were such an amazing Jordan in my eyes, one of the most out there designs and just dope colorways. The 8s are probably the only DB shoe I actually like... well the 6s were dope too but in a really safe way.

Yup, mf gooze mf gooze Jordan models 4-8 you can NEVER go wrong with IMO.

They are timeless, and are the HIGH point of the brand.

But again, that is just my honest, PERSONAL opinion.

Last edited:
Imma need for JB to give us a proper play off 8 retro. Red pull tab, cracked Nubuck like the 2007 pair, Nike air insole and paint that doesn't crack. While the 2013 pair isnt too bad it's really wierd possessing one remastered 8 while the others anent lol.

Although I hope they don't bring them back with flimsy straps like the new Aqua's

Plus I know the hype would be low which would mean an easy cop and probably a hand full of raffles necessary to get em just like these :D

The OG Playoff 8's were BEAUTIFUL.....

We'll most likely get a proper/better retro in 2017, or maybe even sooner than that. @jaylaw15

I may be in the minority, but I like the Playoff 8s more than the Aquas, but only by a narrow margin.
I would welcome a re-release in OG form for the playoffs, which could happen as early as 2016, maybe as a 23-year anniversary of ring #3.

Remember that the "remastered" Double Nickel 10s were released a mere 3 years after the Chicago 10s dropped in 2012 in tribute of MJ's MSG game. But the backlash from fans was apparent from releasing the Double Nickels so soon.

VIII just never get love outside the Aquas. Playoffs, Hares, and Aquas are all dope. The blk Chrome VIIIs are up there too.

]I hope that do release a proper retro next year citricacidcycle citricacidcycle ...

Even though I still have the 2013's DS, the Playoff 8's are one of PERSONAL favorites also.

I'd say 52% Aquas, and 48% Playoffs.

And black and red are my favorite colors, so that's saying a lot.

Last edited:
Some group shots of my 8s.
LL

LL

I hope that do release a proper retro next year citricacidcycle citricacidcycle ...

Even though I still have the 2013's DS, the Playoff 8's are one of PERSONAL favorites also.

I'd say 52% Aquas, and 48% Playoffs.

And black and red are my favorite colors, so that's saying a lot.

I'm probably 51% Playoffs, 49% Aquas.
And blue is my favorite color so I guess that's saying a lot, haha!

I love how the white '23'' pops on the Playoffs, but I love how the Aqua and Concords look on the All-Stars and are so different from the typical Bulls colors.
I was blessed to have both OGs as a kid in 1993, so the nostalgia is absolutely strong with those 2 color ways. I do recall that more people at my school at the time had the Playoffs than the Aquas though.

Had OG aquas too, first pair of Jordans that I have ever purchased myself. Bagged many groceries to save up. Shoes are long gone but I still have the original box, really good memories.

Current situation here in the Philippines. Titan at Shangri-la mall.

View media item 1807006
By the looks of it, it's pretty much the same situation all over the world... and that's not a bad thing.
What A Time To Be Alive When A Jordan 1 is sitting.......UNC 1s [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Display pairs are the last ones for this store's stock. Both are size 13.
EDIT: Not many people here in the Philippines who wear anything larger than a size 11 haha!

Last edited:
So i just got back from HOH to exchange my MTM 7s for the aquas (with receipt in hand) and can u believe their manager had the nerve to tell me i couldn't exchange them for at least three weeks because its their "policy" on new releases. Lol...so i told them to show me where it states this new policy on my receipt or on their website and when she couldn't do it, i began to force the issue and asked the manager to explain her logic for not allowing me to do an even exchange especially when i had the receipt. Meanwhile other retail stores allow exchanges all day long when u have receipt. Those people at HOH crack me up man. They must think we are idiots. Just because they won't be making money off me because its an exchange instead of a purchase, they try to prevent me from doing the transaction and say it's "policy." Lol

At the same time, she tells me the only way they can exchange the item is if they credit back my card as a return and then i have to run my card again to purchase the 8s! I was like wtf that's the same thing as an even exchange so why not just run it as a straight exchange instead of going thru all the bs hassle of crediting my card and then charging it again! But of course, they want to make it look like i purchased something so it looks good for their numbers and end of day reporting. Lol.

So after ten minutes of the manager explaining their "policy" to me, I walk out the store with my pair of Aqua 8s, straight up even exchange on the new receipt. I swear these retail stores are so full of it sometimes.

^ This reminds me of what I went through yesterday. I wanted to return my pair at Foot Locker (got another pair gifted) and they gave me the stupid runaround about returning. Apparently, same day returns are against policy, because they "mess with inventory". Possibly one of the dumbest excuses I've ever heard. Me approaching a manager made matters worse, because dude was hella dismissive; he spent more time trying to duck me than solving the issue. 99% sure I'm never copping from Foot Locker again.

:smh:

That is straight MESSED up @wHipLAshTw03
and @ArgyleLanvin

That is EXACTLY why I make 90% of my purchases online now....

These shoe store managers and skep *** employees be on some sheisty ****.
@skep? :nerd:

Walked into DTLR Saturday afternoon and copped a pair for me and the wife. Easiest JB cop I've had in a long time. Before this year the last pair of Jordan's I copped were the white cement 4's from a few years back. Too much trouble copping in atlanta in the past (Grape 5s were the last straw). JB may win me back over if it stays this easy. 

loving how widely available these are but $190 is reaching for these. Anyone know if these are on swoosh?

Walked into DTLR Saturday afternoon and copped a pair for me and the wife. Easiest JB cop I've had in a long time. Before this year the last pair of Jordan's I copped were the white cement 4's from a few years back. Too much trouble copping in atlanta in the past (Grape 5s were the last straw). JB may win me back over if it stays this easy. 

Surprisingly It's been this way for quite a few releases this year. Don't be afraid to try your luck if you see something worth it.

Well y'all here it goes. Had to cop for the family. Last pair we all got together was the Bordeaux 7's. Finally finished my OG 8's color way set I always had 2 outta 3 whether it was playoffs and Aquas or playoffs and Bunny's I never had them all together for some odd reason.
View media item 1806823View media item 1806824View media item 1806825View media item 1806826View media item 1806828View media item 1806829View media item 1806830View media item 1806832View media item 1806833View media item 1806834View media item 1806835View media item 1806836View media item 1806837View media item 1806838View media item 1806839View media item 1806840View media item 1806911View media item 1806912

Sorry for all the pics but it's a great time of year to cop kicks for the family. Also a bonus which just shoes the quality that JB went to put in this shoe which was to put the OG insole inside the infant sneaker.
View media item 1806844Got the All star kicks from 91', 92', and 93' finally as well which reminds me I need to UNDS my infrared 6's soon they got dust on the bottom from sitting on display in my closet this last year.
View media item 1806856
M

I have those three at the bottom, only difference my 6's is from 2010

Back
Top Bottom