Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

I really need a new retro of these ASAP, was my first pair of 8s & I wore the 2015s all the time a few years ago before giving them to my little brother. He pulled them out a few weeks back & they still look relatively new, absolute tanks!

Wore mine yesterday, pic is in oct 2023 wdywt thread if you need lol

Looking at them vs the new playoffs, the nubuck or whatever they used on the new playoffs looks great. But the fact that it doesn't have the white edges like OGs or even previous retros, trash. I know they've not done that on other black based retros and it looks terrible every time. Sets the 2015 aquas off so much vs the 2023 playoffs.

There was a post from SlamShut SlamShut in here a few months back I think where he posted a screenshot of a DS pair of '15 Aqua 8s that were suffering from midsole cracking/crumbling. When buying a DS pair the biggest risk is that you don't know how or where the owner stored them. Where they live is also a big factor because if they live in a region with high humidity and don't use a dehumidifier in whatever room they're storing these in, that'll speed up for crumbling process for sure.

There was a post from SlamShut SlamShut in here a few months back I think where he posted a screenshot of a DS pair of '15 Aqua 8s that were suffering from midsole cracking/crumbling. When buying a DS pair the biggest risk is that you don't know how or where the owner stored them. Where they live is also a big factor because if they live in a region with high humidity and don't use a dehumidifier in whatever room they're storing these in, that'll speed up for crumbling process for sure.
Right... it depends on how they are stored some people still keep shoes DS in boxes or plastic shoe units which speeds up crumbling. I now have them on shelves for them to breathe. My closets also have air vents in the ceiling which is a big help in the summers. I have notice my shoes have lasted longer now since doing this. Especially with the Jordan 11 the soles don't yellow as fast and the patent leather doesn't get cloudy like they use to when I had them in boxes.

Wore my ‘15s over the weekend

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpeg
    IMG_0041.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 57
Wore mine the other day (see nov wdywt thread if you need a pic). Starting to get some paint chipping on the heel midsole paint but no big deal. Certainly not as bad as 2007s had it

I also velcrod the straps for the first time ever lol they actually felt pretty good wearing em that way

Back
Top Bottom