Are dudes in general becoming more like females?

to be a man is to not be a women.

a stereotype of a women not saying this is what women are would be

weak
emotional
dependent

so males must be strong, emotionless, independent with no needs for others.

i refuse to partake in feminine. but being masculine is also about confidence and being comfortable with yourself.
i can dead %++ go from jamming to beanie sigel to katy perry and if someone says something about it, it is what it is.

Nope, that makes her a woman
wink.gif

Yeah, you don't seem to get it. If that's the definition of a man, then what do you call a woman who also fits that definition? If you call a woman who handles her responsibilities, a woman.. then what's the difference between a man and a woman according to you?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

So by that definition, someone who handles his responsibilities, a woman can be a man?

wink.gif
Yeah, you don't seem to get it. If that's the definition of a man, then what do you call a woman who also fits that definition? If you call a woman who handles her responsibilities, a woman.. then what's the difference between a man and a woman according to you?

Genitalia
wink.gif

So by that definition, someone who handles his responsibilities, a woman can be a man?

wink.gif

Genitalia
wink.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

dudes are passing and at a loss for words after meeting drake.....

I dont want to live in this world any more

When I met Kobe I fell to my knees and started sobbing
ohwell.gif

Ahhh don't bring Kobe into this, that could go into a whole way left direction
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by hugebird

You mean that the guy crying in the Drake video wasn't a legitimate source?

laugh.gif
 Why would a scholar or book need to be cited with a trivial argumentation like this? Unless there is a genetic or biological reason for the feminization of men, the "scholars" view is an opinion just like ours

<Sustained thought? Consultation of a wide variety of opinions and theories? You've read a book before right?
I have read many books man. Is NT not a wide variety of opinions and theories? Is's a casual conversation dude

wink.gif

I was raised by a single mother. Put herself through school while she worked and raised me. Had a successful career in Finance thereafter.

She is smart, aggressive, tough.

She was both a father and a mother when all is said and done. My life has been nothing short of outstanding because of her. No deficiencies that I'm aware of.

So you can call that what you want.

It's a wrap for me in here. sillyputty is going off. Bringing up Saudi Arabia, single mothers and Justin Timberlake to try to make a point when no one's talking about any of the above (until I just did).

That amount of typing is too much. Your graphics and piecharts. You saying it's harder to be a man in our society and just your overall vibe lead me to believe this is a very personal issue for you.

There is nothing personal to me on Niketalk.

I have no idea what that story has to do with what I said. That's awesome what your mother as a single parent was able to accomplish, and I have a lot of respect for single parents. I wasn't calling it anything, but addressing a problem with the definition that you made. If that definition of a man can also be applied to a woman, then what does that say about the differences between men and women? I'm not trying to make one, either, that's the point.

I have no idea what that story has to do with what I said. That's awesome what your mother as a single parent was able to accomplish, and I have a lot of respect for single parents. I wasn't calling it anything, but addressing a problem with the definition that you made. If that definition of a man can also be applied to a woman, then what does that say about the differences between men and women? I'm not trying to make one, either, that's the point.

As I have said repeatedly, these are not defined roles, but general ideals and one gender can lean one way or another as can the other gender. Of course there are going to be exceptions.

Women can display "male" traits. My wife conversely handles herself well professionally and is successful but is definitely a girly girl. Very emotional. *%+!%!$ sweetheart. I think that is the majority or the norm.

Where my mother is much tougher in her personality and far more aggressive. My mother was both mother AND father in a way, covering the roles of both male and female as a parent.

You don't see how that has to do with what you said?

My wife says I make her stronger and tougher, where she makes me nicer and sweeter. That's how we influence each other and make each other complete. That's the yin to the yang.

You don't see those roles associated without genders to a certain extent.

And men can also lean "masculine" and feminine.

I used the gay example because, even a characteristic or lifestyle or what have you that is generally deemed "feminine", really isn't.

It ain't about that, or what people wear (I NEVER suggested wardrobe played into this). Some gay dudes are masculine, where others CLEARLY come off as more feminine.

I don't need to come up with a textbook answer for masculinity or femininity for us to all know what the @%@! we see. Some chicks almost act like dudes. Less emotion. More logic. And vice versa.

DAMN everytime I smoke out NT pulls me back in!

Originally Posted by illphillip

wink.gif
I was raised by a single mother. Put herself through school while she worked and raised me. Had a successful career in Finance thereafter.

She is smart, aggressive, tough.

She was both a father and a mother when all is said and done. My life has been nothing short of outstanding because of her. No deficiencies that I'm aware of.

So you can call that what you want.

It's a wrap for me in here. sillyputty is going off. Bringing up Saudi Arabia, single mothers and Justin Timberlake to try to make a point when no one's talking about any of the above (until I just did).

That amount of typing is too much. Your graphics and piecharts. You saying it's harder to be a man in our society and just your overall vibe lead me to believe this is a very personal issue for you.

There is nothing personal to me on Niketalk.
Keep up if you don't understand it or you could actually try reading it next time. 
That being said, you are failing to actually make a point...you're talking about the frame of my argument, not the argument myself. 

Too many words? Boo-hoo. You're a "man" right? Act like the one you claim to be. 

Stop saying how little this affects out and what not. If it didn't, you wouldn't have anything to say. 

Dudes like you stay trying to attack how things sound instead of what it actually says. More than half of anything you ever type are personal ad-hominems. Thats clearly a sign of someone with NOTHING TO SAY.

You suggesting "maybe this is personal for you" doesn't do anything to suggest that you have something to say about the topic of masculinity. It could have everything or nothing to do with me but how does that relate to the topic? It doesn't. So save the corny jokes and attempts at laughter with hollywood lines "Nothing is personal to me on Niketalk"...ok cool. And? You're here aren't you? You're replying aren't you? Dont act above the fray if you willingly participate in it. 

In any case, the reason I mentioned anything at all was because I was saying that masculinity differs across many cultures and your myopic view of it does not apply. Thats why I made the comparison to the middle east and to members of society that people don't consider as "masculine." Your entire view is that whatever you THINK is masculine makes it masculine without actually setting a standard for what is or is not. And I stand by my words. In 2012 its harder to be a man in america than a woman when it comes to gender association. Anything NOT masculine is seen as feminine. These terms are out dated and dont actually substantiate anything. Gender association is a fluid and unstable concept that holds no boundaries. The sooner we stop putting people in these boxes, the better off we'll be. 

Originally Posted by illphillip

A man, in a general way of looking at it, is one who handles his responsibilities. 

Who does so even in the face of adversity. And this may blow NT's minds, but that includes gay men as well.

This all that needs to be said

I'm just going to say I agree with sillyputty.

This in no way defines a man any more then it does a woman.  In fact all this does is define a responsible perhaps driven human.  These sex based titles "masuline" and "femine" at the core, when broken down carry no meaning.  Masculinity is a social construct nothing more.  

Originally Posted by The2husky5

Some of the opinions in here are ignorant...

You expected anything different ?
I mean come on, some of you guys should know by now most of NT isn't culturally enlightened. don't know if they'l ever be. 

Fact is they just go off what is the norm in their small little bubble and maybe hope others will do the same.

That's why I just sit back and watch the ridiculous generalizations and out of date traditions fly as facts.

Masculinity is defined by certain activities and actions. Playing sports, being confident, chasing women, drinking alcohol and not caring about your physical appearance (clothing). Don't show emotion. You only listen to certain forms of music. You don't wear certain colors because their "girly". You work with your hands/do it yourself, you enjoy the great outdoors. Nothing scares you.

I don't believe this is what makes you masculine though. This just seems to be the overall definition based on what society tells you is masculine. Quite honestly some people try to be so masculine they come off insecure, which is a contradiction of how they think they portray themselves.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

i blame the rise of teens, ISSer's and nter's not from te east or west coast. i'm talking to you South
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Didn't know New Boyz, Lil' B, and Mims were from Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom