Are Resellers the REAL problem??

the people buying from the resellers are the problem.

the resellers are a problem to an extent as well as their buying shoes they have no intent of using for personal use to make a quick buck, but there's nothing that can really be done about that but not finance their hustle from a buying perspective.

with stores like footlocker changing their return policy on release date shoes and not allowing returns for the fact that dudes buy to resell and if they can't move the stuff they return it, a good chunk of the time if no one pays their resell prices their stuck with the shoes.

it's a good thing that the niketalk facebook page has been trolling the resellers who've tried to use that as a free outlet to resell since their too cheap to pay ebay fees.

Originally Posted by ckauffman23

Anything is going to only resell for how much someone else is willing to pay... just like when homes were going for forclosure, you cant blame resellers for buying a 100k home and flipping it for 250k as long as someone is gonna pay for it
cant really compare the 2, as EVERYONE needs a place to live. 

You look at all the millionaires and billionaires, all have massive property porfolio's.

people that dont have opinions and have to see what musician/tv star has on are the problem. funny how being an individual is highly regarded yet you look outside, the mall wherever and everyone pretty much looks the same. "will the real slim shady please stand up"

Originally Posted by 619destroyer

NO!!!! the NEWBIES and IGNORANT are the problem,,dont blame the RESELLER!!

this guy definitely isn't right, you can't blame people for wanting to get into the sneaker game. In my opinion there is no real problem, if you really want a shoe you find a way to get it on release. If you sleep on it you can still get it you just gotta pay more. If there is a problem it is that there are not enough of these shoes being made and nike would be to blame for that. 

There's going to be resellers regardless of the going price, as long as it's profitable. The buyers are the main problem. Nike sets their price, buyers go nuts and bid the prices up. There's a number of resellers who list sneakers on eBay for a penny (I've done it), and end up selling them for 2-3 times, sometimes more than retail. If you don't like the market prices, don't pay them, and they will certainly drop. It's the nature of supply and demand.

resellers are just scapegoats. more sneakerheads are the problem people are coming into the game but they arent leaving. more buyers is more demand and when the supply doesnt go up then resell prices skyrocket it's basic business people should stop blaming people for liking shoes

Gotta say lately I think they are.  Lately when I see dudes buying several pairs of Mango Lebrons and then instantly putting them up in the selling forum I want to vomit.  

Yes they definitely are. Its cool to be a sneakhead no matter what the age is, old or new, so the number of heads in the sneaker game is not the problem. It is the re-selling garbage that is all over the malls like crack fiends. When someone purposely buys up a crap load of sizes to re-sell, then that takes the sizes other people that actually would like to have them at retail could have had the opportunity to have.

Everyone's to blame.

laugh.gif

Yea , they're the reason why flight club is still in business with those sky - high prices . And why most people have to pay over retail

Like other people previously stated its a mix of resellers sneakerheads and just population growingb kids who used to not be interested in sneakers are now growing up going to middle and high school and are trying to fit in and be cool. Theirs more demand for the sneakers now however the supply has not increased hence the shortages due to that reason people have realized that and began to capitalize on peoples love for sneakers and the notion of "I got to have Them"

I definitely started collecting at the wrong time as I think I might have gotten like 3 pairs without a problem. Everything else has been a hassle and it sucks but like everyone else said, if I can't get my size then that's it hope for better luck on the next release. I'm not gonna buy a size nowhere close to mine just to make more money all I want is my size so I can rock the J's that I like if I got a smaller size and somebody wants em I'm not gonna blow their brains out with a price that would be close to a car payment. It's sad to say that just as quick as I came in the game is gonna end up being as quick as I leave because to me it's not worth risking getting beat up shot or stabbed over a pair of shoes. I salute all you true sneakerheads that only cop to have the J's you really want. Hopefully things get a little easier

I am about to grab my first pair of J's I am about to pay WAY over msrp for if I can find them in my size. I stopped collecting because the quality sucks. That's the bigger issue IMO. I just started back up and will actually wear my Jordan's, unlike b4. It is what it is.

Originally Posted by aznlurker

IMHO its not a resellers fault, its the buyer or the person who is willing to pay the price to have them. I can't blame the person in front of me getting the shoes I wanted but you have to count the effort he had to put in to get to the front of the line. It's basically a business just like anything else...Supply and demand..

I agree for the most part, but some people don't have to put in much (if any) effort at all due to knowing the right people and having connects to put aside a whole got damn FSR.

not sure whos the blame but ill say reselling is a lame hussle imo. maybe b/c im not good at it lol. ive tried to sell shoes 3 times (doubled up and later changed my mind on cement 3s, had to get a different size on the metallic red foams and just didnt like the electrolimes when they arrived). it is a huge waste of time. i had 5 deadbeat ebayers that never paid on just those 3 pair. couldnt imagine doing this multiple times for each release.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

This topic comes up on Niketalk at least once a week.

My real question to anyone is how are you going to tell the whole world not to buy a product at a higher than retail? If I see a pair I've been looking for, I'll buy it. Not looking to pay a ridiculous amount over retail, but I would if I couldn't get it anywhere else. You think anyone else in the world cares if you didn't get your pair on RD?

If you want to cut the reseller out, do your homework and get your pair on RD for retail or less. Otherwise,

2172562ea3809cd1a4880085e03207db731fe43.gif

Nike isn't going to do anything. Retailers aren't going to do anything. Why You so mad?
you put this perfect

Originally Posted by DrFeelGood

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

This topic comes up on Niketalk at least once a week.

My real question to anyone is how are you going to tell the whole world not to buy a product at a higher than retail? If I see a pair I've been looking for, I'll buy it. Not looking to pay a ridiculous amount over retail, but I would if I couldn't get it anywhere else. You think anyone else in the world cares if you didn't get your pair on RD?

If you want to cut the reseller out, do your homework and get your pair on RD for retail or less. Otherwise,

2172562ea3809cd1a4880085e03207db731fe43.gif

Nike isn't going to do anything. Retailers aren't going to do anything. Why You so mad?
you put this perfect

laugh.gif
 100% on point it is what it is get your money up and buy what you like.  

Ive gotten every pair that recently release ( ex. BC 3, TB 3, WC 4, Chi 10, and etc) for below retail. And thats with resellers at an all time high.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself.

I have been a sneaker collector ever since i was 14 in 2003, my first pair of jordans was a pair of used white/red low top 11s. I had to eat oranges for a whole month instead of having lunch to save money for these. So I been in the tuf time in my sneaker game.

In between then and now i have always been trying to collect more and more jordan, I have about 60+ shoes in my collection and most of them were retros that came out before 2006. Because the early retro are so much better, but the prices on them keep going higher and higher because these lame recent retro (2011 concord include) is jacking up all the prices on them. Back in 2005 i was able to get a pair of DS OG 1995 Bred 11s for 450ish, which i got 2 pairs when the prices was cheap. Now i can't even get CDP Xi for at least 350, which is crap compair to the OG.

Now in 2012 at the age of 23, a college grad, with my first job making about $50k+ per year, I still ain't trying to pay the overly hyped up market price for recent retro or older retro.

So what did i do?
I found a supplier in Hong Kong, imported 25 pairs of Concords 11s at $180 per pair shipped. And sold all of them within 3 weeks of the release at $330 per pair, and made about $3800 total. Then i use the money that i made to buy the following shoes: DS 1994 Retro III white/cement $500, DS OG Concord 11s $550 and OG DS Fire Red 4s $650

I guess what im trying to say is that there is no way to stop resellers, and if you can't stop them then join them and stop hating on them. And if you really have love for the game you will do what ever you have to in order to get the shoes what you want.

I suggest you for following if you don't want to pay over price for shoes:
1. Camp out for shoes that you don't need, but yet have a good resell vaule
2. Sell them for as much as you can in the next day to a week
3. Save that money that you earn and use it on a pair of jordan that you can't get.

Example:
Say you really really wanted the fire red 4s that are coming out this year, but you think you might not be able to get them.
try to line up for playoff 12s and resell them for 250-300
save that money up
if you can't really get the fire red 4s on release, then you go on craigslist and buy them with that 250-300

Originally Posted by hkguy783

Let me tell you a little bit about myself.

I have been a sneaker collector ever since i was 14 in 2003, my first pair of jordans was a pair of used white/red low top 11s. I had to eat oranges for a whole month instead of having lunch to save money for these. So I been in the tuf time in my sneaker game.

In between then and now i have always been trying to collect more and more jordan, I have about 60+ shoes in my collection and most of them were retros that came out before 2006. Because the early retro are so much better, but the prices on them keep going higher and higher because these lame recent retro (2011 concord include) is jacking up all the prices on them. Back in 2005 i was able to get a pair of DS OG 1995 Bred 11s for 450ish, which i got 2 pairs when the prices was cheap. Now i can't even get CDP Xi for at least 350, which is crap compair to the OG.

Now in 2012 at the age of 23, a college grad, with my first job making about $50k+ per year, I still ain't trying to pay the overly hyped up market price for recent retro or older retro.

So what did i do?
I found a supplier in Hong Kong, imported 25 pairs of Concords 11s at $180 per pair shipped. And sold all of them within 3 weeks of the release at $330 per pair, and made about $3800 total. Then i use the money that i made to buy the following shoes: DS 1994 Retro III white/cement $500, DS OG Concord 11s $550 and OG DS Fire Red 4s $650

I guess what im trying to say is that there is no way to stop resellers, and if you can't stop them then join them and stop hating on them. And if you really have love for the game you will do what ever you have to in order to get the shoes what you want.

I suggest you for following if you don't want to pay over price for shoes:
1. Camp out for shoes that you don't need, but yet have a good resell vaule
2. Sell them for as much as you can in the next day to a week
3. Save that money that you earn and use it on a pair of jordan that you can't get.

Example:
Say you really really wanted the fire red 4s that are coming out this year, but you think you might not be able to get them.
try to line up for playoff 12s and resell them for 250-300
save that money up
if you can't really get the fire red 4s on release, then you go on craigslist and buy them with that 250-300
Spoken like a true re-seller. 
You want a sneaker??? Do your homework.

Resell because you have to not because you want to. 

This is a perfect example of re-selling, he doesn't need to he wants to regardless of reason

Back
Top Bottom