Are the OG Jordan 13’s still wearable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was interested in some playoff 13’s in DS condition. Can anyone here shed some light if they’re wearable for casual use? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the sole is inevitably going to separate but it's an easy barge cement application away from being good as new.

Besides that, there's the small possibility of getting a pair with (a) bad air/zoom unit (s), but that's not tied to age or specific to this model.

Yeah, the sole is inevitably going to separate but it's an easy barge cement application away from being good as new.

Besides that, there's the small possibility of getting a pair with (a) bad air/zoom unit (s), but that's not tied to age or specific to this model.
👆🏻This

Oh yeah I remember my air unit's fcked, do you know any remedies for that when I re-glue them eventually? Thanks!

Oh yeah I remember my air unit's fcked, do you know any remedies for that when I re-glue them eventually? Thanks!

You'd need another zoom unit, realistically. Shouldn't take a lot of homework to find a cheap shoe to grab one with the proper shaped unit, but I'm blanking on one right now besides retro XIIIs obviously.

Will I be better of getting the 2011 retro?

Depends on how often you'd realistically wear them. The shape and material quality on the originals are beautiful, but the retros would give you a lot less to think about (for the foreseeable future at least, haven't heard of any XIIIs from 2010-now falling apart.)

You'd need another zoom unit, realistically. Shouldn't take a lot of homework to find a cheap shoe to grab one with the proper shaped unit, but I'm blanking on one right now besides retro XIIIs obviously.

Depends on how often you'd realistically wear them. The shape and material quality on the originals are beautiful, but the retros would give you a lot less to think about (for the foreseeable future at least, haven't heard of any XIIIs from 2010-now falling apart.)

Damn, too much work, I guess I'll just retire em. I also have the same problem with my OG Bred 12s oh well. Thanks man

Just dump em

the shoes are too old at this point and if your thinking of buying the OG 12s or 13s just save your money and buy the re-retros from 2010 and going forward
any 12S or 13S from 2004 to 2009 are Probably not wearable this point either if they’re dead stock

I own 2 pair of OG’S my WHITE/RED ones soles separated just simply glued mines back & My PLAYOFF’S are good hologram bubble just cloudy but just use your girl blow dryer...

Just dump em

the shoes are too old at this point and if your thinking of buying the OG 12s or 13s just save your money and buy the re-retros from 2010 and going forward
any 12S or 13S from 2004 to 2009 are Probably not wearable this point either if they’re dead stock

I bought those Deadstock OGs I think around 2010-2012 and was planning on wearing them, ****s just got me 1 or 2 wears and got ****ed. SMH

I better start enjoying my other DS shoes then.

Cést la vie.

Thanks, man!

Got my DS 2011’s yesterday. I think I made the right choice getting these instead of a DS 1998 pair.

D7EA9898-89B7-4997-891B-5212FADF4761.jpeg

The soles will definitely separate on you. If you know what you’re doing you can glue them with E6000 but it’s not that easy to do without getting excess on the nubuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom