Are you a Labor Work kinda guy?

When I was growing up my parents didn't make me do any labor around the house. I still haven't mowed a lawn in my life and I'm Mexican. Real talk bro.

I dread it when people call me up asking for help with moving or, god forbid, landscaping work. I had to help put cement in my friend'sbackyard and I think all them dudes plus his wife and small child lost respect for me as a man. I was out there straight wussing it. I evenstarted crying because a chunk of wet cement flew into my eye and I couldn't see.

But to be honest, I don't think it makes you any more of a man if you can carry wheelbarrows or stack a brush pile. A waste of time to be honest,unless you enjoy that kinda stuff. A real man will pay someone else to do it and focus on more important things like a ballgame on tv.

"A real man will pay someone else to do it and focus on more important things like a ballgame on tv. "

no.

pimp.gif

That is opposite of what a real man does.

And if you know how to be handy, you'll feel good about yourself.

And women like handy men

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

I think all them dudes plus his wife and small child lost respect for me as a man. I was out there straight wussing it. I even started crying because a chunk of wet cement flew into my eye and I couldn't see.

roll.gif
roll.gif

"But to be honest, I don't think it makes you any more of a man if you can carry wheelbarrows or stack a brush pile. A waste of time to be honest,unless you enjoy that kinda stuff. A real man will pay someone else to do it and focus on more important things like a ballgame on tv."

The real man in that situation is the MAN doing your work and listening to the ball game on the radio.
Let me guess the silver spoon is still in your mouth isn't it?

When I was growing up my parents didn't make me do any labor around the house. I still haven't mowed a lawn in my life and I'm Mexican. Real talk bro.

I dread it when people call me up asking for help with moving or, god forbid, landscaping work. I had to help put cement in my friend's backyard and I think all them dudes plus his wife and small child lost respect for me as a man. I was out there straight wussing it. I even started crying because a chunk of wet cement flew into my eye and I couldn't see.

But to be honest, I don't think it makes you any more of a man if you can carry wheelbarrows or stack a brush pile. A waste of time to be honest, unless you enjoy that kinda stuff. A real man will pay someone else to do it and focus on more important things like a ballgame on tv.

I mean...you sound spoiled by the first paragraph saying your parents didn't make you do any real work. And thats fine, if it works for you. But thenthe last part, thats where you kinda lost me because your basically looking down on people who actually do physical work themselves. I mean, whats the point ofthrowing cheap shots? But as a "real man", I've never considered it necessary to hire someone else to do simple things I could easily do formyself or my family. And luckily, I have Tivo so I can record the game and do what needs to be done around the house...

I've worked a semi-labor job for 4 years now. It's not where I want to be for the rest of my life, but it's not too bad and the pay is great for afirst job.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

I dread it when people call me up asking for help with moving or, god forbid, landscaping work. I had to help put cement in my friend's backyard and I think all them dudes plus his wife and small child lost respect for me as a man. I was out there straight wussing it. I even started crying because a chunk of wet cement flew into my eye and I couldn't see.

But to be honest, I don't think it makes you any more of a man if you can carry wheelbarrows or stack a brush pile. A waste of time to be honest, unless you enjoy that kinda stuff. A real man will pay someone else to do it and focus on more important things like a ballgame on tv.

I mean...you sound spoiled by the first paragraph saying your parents didn't make you do any real work. And thats fine, if it works for you. But then the last part, thats where you kinda lost me because your basically looking down on people who actually do physical work themselves. I mean, whats the point of throwing cheap shots? But as a "real man", I've never considered it necessary to hire someone else to do simple things I could easily do for myself or my family. And luckily, I have Tivo so I can record the game and do what needs to be done around the house...

I don't look down on people who are making a living. Some men are good at labor and enjoy doing it. But it shouldn't have to be in every man's nature to be a skilled laborer. Society tries to make us feel that we should be shopping at Lowe's on Saturday mornings, but I thinkit's all a bunch of you-know-what.

I bet you're frail. Matter fact you the guy who made that recent skinny dude thread. Frail no good for nothin. Lil work you start cryin. Man up get urweight up.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
At you

like morgan freeman said in bruce almighty...
"there are times when you need to slow down and do some manual labor in life. some of the happiest people in the world come home smelling to high heavenat the end of the day."

hey i can't tell you how to act, all i can say is to appreciate your situation that you are fortunate enough to live a life without hard labor.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

I bet you're frail. Matter fact you the guy who made that recent skinny dude thread. Frail no good for nothin. Lil work you start cryin. Man up get ur weight up.

hahaha word

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

I mean...you sound spoiled by the first paragraph saying your parents didn't make you do any real work. And thats fine, if it works for you. But then the last part, thats where you kinda lost me because your basically looking down on people who actually do physical work themselves. I mean, whats the point of throwing cheap shots? But as a "real man", I've never considered it necessary to hire someone else to do simple things I could easily do for myself or my family. And luckily, I have Tivo so I can record the game and do what needs to be done around the house...

I don't look down on people who are making a living. Some men are good at labor and enjoy doing it. But it shouldn't have to be in every man's nature to be a skilled laborer. Society tries to make us feel that we should be shopping at Lowe's on Saturday mornings, but I think it's all a bunch of you-know-what.

Oh, pardon. I'm not a *skilled* laborer by any stretch. I couldn't fix the kitchen sink if it started leaking, I couldn't tinker with the A/Cif it was acting up, etc. I assumed you just meant basic things such as cutting the grass, yard-work, basic around the house task that the 'man'traditionally does. But yeah, if your talking about 'skilled laborer' in that sense, then I agree with you on that one. Not everyone has the sametechnical knowledge and capabilities...

Excuse me?

See that X up in the top right...?

Back
Top Bottom