Arrested Development Thread - Season 5 OUT TODAY ON NETFLIX

ive been wondering, how old are michael and lindsey supposed to be? I mean, it seems that they stay the same age, while their kids get older. And I was kinda caught off guard when GM went from 17-22. Where did those 5 years go for that character?
The 1st George Michael ep went out of it's way to basically sum up everything after his hs graduation up to the present.

I guess what im trying to get at is, I didnt feel that there was a 5 -7 year gap for any of the story lines. Like maybe a year or 2, but a long time passed, and there wasnt a ton of stuff happening in between that was shown imo ( for everyone not just GM). it sucks that michael cera and maeby got old, because i wouldve preffered if there wasnt much of a time skip at all.

ive been wondering, how old are michael and lindsey supposed to be? I mean, it seems that they stay the same age, while their kids get older. And I was kinda caught off guard when GM went from 17-22. Where did those 5 years go for that character?
The 1st George Michael ep went out of it's way to basically sum up everything after his hs graduation up to the present.

I guess what im trying to get at is, I didnt feel that there was a 5 -7 year gap for any of the story lines. Like maybe a year or 2, but a long time passed, and there wasnt a ton of stuff happening in between that was shown imo ( for everyone not just GM). it sucks that michael cera and maeby got old, because i wouldve preffered if there wasnt much of a time skip at all.
I admit when I first started watching I didn't grasp the gap either especially since there's a gap and they cover another year time skip for when Lucille goes to jail.

As for the time in between they basically tried to portray it like the family managed to stick together despite Michael being gone. They all pretty much stayed the same or prospered and the way this season picks up it's like there hasn't been much time since S3 but there is.

Ep 8- I thought this was one of the more standout episodes on first watch

Ostrich vision man finally explained
They really went in on Herman Cain! I mean rreeeeally went in hahahaha. Picked on his 999 plan and harassment allegations. Gotta be funnier for people who followed his campaign

The back of that banner looks mighty familiar
“you figured it out Gene Parmesian”
Lol at maybe getting a lifetime achievement award
He blue himself!
Michael thinking Lindsey is hot not knowing it her nice callback to lindey hitting on him
Wow at GOB locking mark In instead of tony wonder
Severance package for servicing my package
I still think it’s hilarious that they call her lucielle 2 to her face
Annyong showing up was great
Lindey realizing hes a bluth
Herbert pulling a buster coma

Halfway through the season and I really miss buster

I can see why mitch said you can watch episodes out of order. Prob wouldn’t hit the same but they way they connect the dots, you really can.

Yo watching the old eps, they're really calling back some old jokes :rofl:

The ep where Michael dumps Sally cuz he thinks blind lawyer chick is pregnant. Tobias tries to offer some advice about denial to Lucille and she just straight up eviscerates him and he acts like she didn't say anything and says he can't help her translates directly to her literally not saying anything in Lucille 2's rehab clinic in their sessions.

Man, Isla Fisher
pimp.gif
.  That last episode had me like...

32243-Jack-Nicholson-approves-KVUr.gif

Last edited:
Episode 9
Tobias chair malfunction,
That getaway song is catchy 
The blurred Andy richter comes back. 
Lol at Tobias's highlights
Mr F haha. 
By Tobias. M.D. S.O.
I really like the new character they introduced
Tobias as his famous gay character. 
She's my num num haha. The whole scene with Ron Howard
Shocked to see josh from 30 Rock
The credits   The only thing that can destroy me is water. Nice adlib. It's not an adlib, I can't swim

I thought this episode was hilarious. Especially the first 2/3 of it. Very funny stuff

Episode 10
The Asian gang
The boat tipped because Lucille had to get that crack in. Also thought it was funny that she has Lucille austere as Lucille 2 in her cell phone
Finally more buster
The Lucilles going back and forth was awesome. Very awesome
Treason adjacent 
Everyone choosing Lucille's things to keep In both places
Lucille s song
So gene Parmesan took the pictures I see that it. Good to see him Funny that Lucille is the one who read the release
The description of the I bible girl being her is interesting. 
The matching suitcases

Episode 11
That would be a J. This is a T
Gob sucking on George michael's finger and kissing hi. Yikes
This tiny wonder gay shtick is pretty funny. Now everybody's gay. The doppelgänger
I have a list of men that can fill every opening you have. Oh Tobias you blowhard
This is no place for kids
Balls in the air song
lol at tony wonder and gob feeling friendship and not getting it
Ann with the plan got them good
I thought it was Tobias gob was with when I first saw that clip. Shocked to find out its wonder. But I had a feeling George Michael was seeing rebel. I don't remember why. So it's funny to see that. And I also knew Ann was preggers when there was a quick joke episodes before. But hearing it's tony wonders caught me be surprise. 

episode 12
Algetard
This tongue thing surprised me lol
Maybe has not aged well SMH. Thought shed be hotter
Can't believe she was in India too haha

Wowwww I can't believe she was the shaman!

Maybe quotes in the yearbooks
Nice to see maybe and the lawyer together
"gangie 4:facelift"

It's crazy how everything connects
Maybe speech aweeeeesoome

Hypothetical buy

Wow she ended up screwing a minor hahahahaha.  Wow. Ddnt see that coming. 

Episode 13
Tom haha
The band and block ha
Wow they showed Tracy 
So funny that group setting was his b day
It gets better
The interaction with maybe is awesome
O'S /SO
GM also honking lindsy hot
Remake of dangerous c
them lying to each other. Michael really comes off as a loser when he's not around
Andy richter
p hung. SMH
Take to the sea

Episode 14
Finally a buster episode. The series really missed his presence 
He's such a weirdo. The psych scenes
It's clear that tony hale was busy. Had scheduling 
Wow lol buster doing drone attacks
Buster injured as a drone pilot lol. The ****. 
That hand lol

This guy gonna be watching a lot of SNL music acts
Light drizzle and thunder lol

Knocking himself out
Good one the next arrested development segment

The last episode
The phone tag doesn't stop ha
Sometimes it seems forced but it was. Very ambitious  how they try to connect everything thought the season it little pieces. It turned off a lot of people but it's good that they didn't phone ItI and tried something new and different. 
Even the vote thing comes againt 
The sex offenders. Oh wow Tom is too. That's why they thought they wouldn't have a second chance
Ice cream truck
Carlos the tickle monsta makes more sense also
Wow at the pool scene
"put it in a Bluth"
Gob and his internal music cracks me up for some reason.
Fake block written on fake blocks

Hmmm. Strange ending. I take from it that Michael is   They only got the rights to buster is funny too

Didn't feel like a series finale so I real,y hope more eps.

"SHOW STEALER PRO TRIAL VERSION." I finally get it. Cause they "stole" the show (or those scenes, specifically) from Fox. I feel dumb

that could be a crack at all those who downloaded it actually like I did because I'd ding have netflix. I had no idea that was opurpose. Hilarious

MIND BLOWN

George Michael doesn't like being called that or boy George because both of those men were caught with a guy sexually in the bathroom. The funny thing is so was the actor George Maharis! Which is the name he adopts!

and from a cracked user to make it even deeper-

I my not be the first to bring this up. Though, I didn't read all the comments... To further the joke about George Ma...Harris/Maharis. The gentleman that had been involved in the tryst in the gas station restroom with the real George Maharis in 1974 was named Perfecto Telles... The name of the "Undercover Cop" that Maeby dates/Adopted son of Lucille 2. The jokes get deep.

And then someone else says telles is like "tell us" which involves the whole informer plot

Are they going to have everyone film the episodes together? Didn't really like how last season was filmed.

Are they going to have everyone film the episodes together? Didn't really like how last season was filmed.

I did not like the most recent season. I was happy that it was back but didn't like how they did it. I didn't want to see the same story over and over.

I did not like the most recent season. I was happy that it was back but didn't like how they did it. I didn't want to see the same story over and over.

They were trying to do something different last time to change how a sitcom is presented, since Netflix lends itself to binge watching, I think while jarring at first it worked once you had the whole story played out, but I too would like to see them return to the traditional format for any further seasons.

I only got through a handful of episodes of the newest ones they had before I stopped.. couldn't get into it. I'll prob. revisit it once all of them drop and binge.

Eh I liked the last season
Wasn't my fav season
But show is legit funny
Agreed. I got hooked on the series a couple years back and LOVED the writing.

" For the same reason you should believe a hundred dollar bill is no more than a hundred pennies." - Gob
roll.gif
roll.gif

‘Arrested Development’ Season 5 Could Start Shooting in Early 2017

Mitch Hurwitz can’t escape questions about “Arrested Development.”

In a panel Wednesday at the Television Critics Association press tour for Netflix comedies “Bojack Horseman,” “F is for Family” and “Lady Dynamite,” the first question was directed at Hurwitz, asking the “Arrested” creator — and “Lady Dynamite” co-creator — for a status update on the fifth season of his Emmy-winning ensemble comedy.

“If it does happen, it looks like the shooting will start at the beginning of 2017.”

Though there are still details to be worked out, Hurwitz and writers for the show have been at work on a new season.

“It’s the thing I’m really desperate to do,” Hurwitz said. “We’ve got a lot of the stories broke and we’re ready to go.”

“Arrested Development” ran for its first three seasons on Fox from 2003 to 2006. Netflix then revived the series for a fourth season in 2013, making it one of the streaming service’s first-ever original-series efforts. Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos last year teased a possible fifth season for the show, saying, “We’re plugging along. It’s a long, complex deal … The talent is very busy… and it’s owned by Fox.”

A single-camera family comedy, “Arrested” boasts an all-star cast featuring Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, Tony Hale, David Cross, Jeffrey Tambor and Jessica Walter.
s

View media item 2114522

Jason Bateman is constantly working on stuff, they're probably trying to work it around his schedule.

Back
Top Bottom