Article: America Is Not For Black People... Thoughts?

What Should Black Folks Do To Gain Respect In the US?

• Attempt To Hold More Political Positions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create Our Own Economy And Use It As A Way To Buy Political And Corporate Influence

• March And/Or Protest

• Revolution/Martyrdom

• Leave The United States Because We Are Not Welcomed Here

• Total voters

Had a similar epiphany as OP when reading comments about Ferguson and Mike Brown on various news websites last night.

It really hit me that a lot of fellow Americans just don't like us. They fear us. Hate us even. I just figured that by the time I was older, things would've been better than this. It feels like things are worse though. And that feeling of not belonging here legit had me sad for a few minutes. Hell, I still feel like I want to pack up the fam and move somewhere more brown skin-friendly.
It's real man, one of the major reasons why I had to get out of the south. Growing up in Alabama and then moving to Florida even in a college setting, enough is enough man. Literally you don't have to do anything, your skin color alone still in 2014 can cause someone to hate you and want to do harm to you or treat you as if you're something lower than a human being. Being out here in Cali for a month, people seem to be more progressive thinkers and it's quite refreshing.
Man, I actually moved to Alabama back in '06 and have been here for 8 years now, so I know exactly what you're talking about.  Coming here was a big eye-opener for me, especially having lived up north my whole life.  I def experienced racism back home, but down here it's like an ever present thing in the background.  Hard to explain, but I feel so much more conscious of it here.  The air is thick with it.  Almost feels like it has become so covert that it just blends in with my daily life, whereas before it was a rare occurrence that was blatant and in my face.

All I know is that when we move from here in 3 years, I'm only coming back for weddings and funerals.  

I like the idea of group economics, but is it realistic when you're competing against mega-conglomerates and your target market is poorer than the general population overall?

|I

There it is. So true. It really comes down to can we as a people make a unified decision to spur this movement. While I hope I live to see the day, it's hard to see the sun at this point. 

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin can set everyone free from the shackles of financial slavery.

I like the idea of group economics, but is it realistic when you're competing against mega-conglomerates and your target market is poorer than the general population overall?
tired.gif

There it is. So true. It really comes down to can we as a people make a unified decision to spur this movement. While I hope I live to see the day, it's hard to see the sun at this point. 
Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin can set everyone free from the shackles of financial slavery.
Bitcoins need to be alot easier to understand and a lot easier to obtain before its used by the general public. 

In my experience it's mostly just used for Darknet stuff. Understanding it is something in and of itself, obtaining it is equally as confusing. 

Especially for those that aren't tech savvy.

Last edited:
[thread="603866"]Quote:[/thread]

|I

Bitcoins need to be alot easier to understand and a lot easier to obtain before its used by the general public. 

In my experience it's mostly just used for Darknet stuff. 

In due time. And its already beginning to surface. Ebay is on the cusp of using it and Dell just started accepting it. Seriously, if banks can't monopolize currency, people are free to create and exchange value as they please without a third party leech. And currency is just the first "app" of blockchain technology. We're truly living in amazing times and I give Bitcoin 5 years before it goes fully mainstream imo.

[thread="603866"]Article America Is Not For Black People Thoughts/30#post_21374763​[/thread]

tired.gif

In my experience it's mostly just used for Darknet stuff. 
In due time. And its already beginning to surface. Ebay is on the cusp of using it and Dell just started accepting it. Seriously, if banks can't monopolize currency, people are free to create and exchange value as they please without a third party leech. And currency is just the first "app" of blockchain technology. We're truly living in amazing times and I give Bitcoin 5 years before it goes fully mainstream imo.
Yeah im a comp sci major so naturally I've just been reading up on it..

Still trying to decide if I want to make those investment moves. Gotta see a little more of it before I attempt to predict the future of it. 

But yes I do agree with you.. If accepted by the gen pop bitcoin would change the world.

Last edited:
Well black ppl were originally brought here to build the infrastructure of the nation, establish and stabilize it's economy, and overall serve not actually live here and enjoy the fruits of their labor. So there's one angle to take.

Anyway, a mind once expanded can never regain it's original dimensions. Racism isn't going anywhere any time soon until everybody drops the shackles of ignorance that deal with the entire social construct of "race" and elevate past that to a higher level of thinking and behavior within society.

Well black ppl were originally brought here to build the infrastructure of the nation, establish and stabilize it's economy, and overall serve not actually live here and enjoy the fruits of their labor. So there's one angle to take.

Anyway, a mind once expanded can never regain it's original dimensions. Racism isn't going anywhere any time soon until everybody drops the shackles of ignorance that deal with the entire social construct of "race" and elevate past that to a higher level of thinking and behavior within society.
Share the same sentiment with pretty much everyone on this page.. I use to be so oblivious and ignorant bruh.. 

Put down the ignorance, picked up some books, and things have never been the same. Me from 6 months ago isn't even familiar anymore.

Once you begin to see it, you can't unsee it. Still got a long way to go though.

Last edited:
Racism isn't going away for a while, hell just last halloween we had a showcase on here on the countless amounts of teens all in blackface. Time and time again when issues of race bleed into social media, ignorant/spiteful/hateful/discriminatory/racist displays create the comments section into this goddam cesspool :smh: these aren't people from the 1960's making these posts, these are freaking teens/young adults.

EDIT: Yeah it's plainly obvious that America wasn't built for blacks but it sure as hell was built by slavery. In no way or form were these marginalized groups ever supposed to prosper here. For centuries marginalized groups of color, especially the black community, have been at cutthroat and it becomes saddening really to have to time and time again explain how history has impacted and continues to impact communities of color.

Last edited:
Black people really aren't truly welcome anywhere on this Earth but Africa. Europe is racist as s***. Other than maybe the Netherlands.

Always wanted to go to Denmark, Switzerland, Amsterdam or something,

I'm Ghanian. Been over there multiple times and it's nothing but LOVE for African Americans.

Took my "Aunt" who's the typical old school church black lady there...and she loved it.

I can't speak for other countries...but Ghana loves African Americans in Ghana.

Be light skin. You'll be king over there. Srs lol.

Black people really aren't truly welcome anywhere on this Earth but Africa. Europe is racist as s***. Other than maybe the Netherlands.

Always wanted to go to Denmark, Switzerland, Amsterdam or something,
I'm Ghanian. Been over there multiple times and it's nothing but LOVE for African Americans.

Took my "Aunt" who's the typical old school church black lady there...and she loved it.

What's current Ghana like? I know just a bit about its history but not too much as to the social and economical climate. 

What's current Ghana like? I know just a bit about its history but not too much as to the social and economical climate. 

I was up there for 2 weeks 4years ago. Next to South Africa, one of the more developed countries on the continent. Other than that, it's safe...lots of beaches, new resorts ect ect. Nightlife similar to what you may find in the islands.

Economically....I know they were one of the better emerging counties in the world a few years back, with an oil boom or something...but I think that might have stagnated. I'm fortunate that my Family over there all are doing really well..so I get to see the better side of it when I'm there.

As a literal African American...I'd say it's a cool country to visit, possibly live.

I was up there for 2 weeks 4years ago. Next to South Africa, one of the more developed countries on the continent. Other than that, it's safe...lots of beaches, new resorts ect ect. Nightlife similar to what you may find in the islands.

Economically....I know they were one of the better emerging counties in the world a few years back, with an oil boom or something...but I think that might have stagnated. I'm fortunate that my Family over there all are doing really well..so I get to see the better side of it when I'm there.

As a literal African American...I'd say it's a cool country to visit, possibly live.
Ill do some more research. Much appreciated fam still trying to compile a list of potential places to move to. Out of reps. 

Last edited:
And if you business minded, Ghana has many opportunities for you to create businesses. A couple of my relatives have gone there after to college to start restaurants and are making way over six figures(USD). It's an open market for entrepreneurs, and one of the more developed countries in the region, and in the whole continent itself.

Ghanaian-American checking in lol

Last edited:

Why would I be treated good because I'm light skin over there?

Jokes aside, racism will eventually die down, especially these new generations that don't discriminate in a matter that would change their actions.

You's a damn fool *George Washington Duke voice*

See this ish right here is one of the main things that need to stop.

It's straight up clown mentality in my opinion.

Don't wanna start anything but this dark skin vs light skin **** burns my souls up
Had a friend who was on that **** I'm glad I cut his *** off :smh:

Last edited:
thought about this too. not sure where to go either.

the pain of being called an f-ing igger...
having ppl lock their car doors as i walked by as a pedestrian in the south.

being followed in stores.

not being expected to know anything. etc.

but overall, being called a f-ing igger

:smh:

i'll never ever forget it. ever.
>:  I get this **** DAILY
Experience this for the first time I went to Memphis this summer

My mom cousin and aunt and I were walking through this parking lot and as we were passing this new SUV someone started mashin the lock button making the car go off until we passed it :smh:

Last edited:
Too many stories to tell that happen to me on a daily basis but all nters from Houston know the business about Katy...
Smh

Group economics to create communities/environments that shield us from racist white supremacy. Also in doing that blacks will have the world economy at our feet. Imagine if the number one "consumer group" in the worlds most consuming nation kept it's money in it's own communities, we would have the American economy in a strangle hold. And they wouldn't dare destroy the communities militarily like they did pre civil rights, that's why they put drugs in our communities so the world will think blacks destroyed themselves and won't be at an uproar to have reason to try to crap on America.

You's a damn fool *George Washington Duke voice*
See this ish right here is one of the main things that need to stop.

It's straight up clown mentality in my opinion.

I'm just telling y'all how it is socially over there. Y'all think I'm playing. People bleach their skin out there....that happens for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom