As Expected Wayne Has The #1 Single In America: His First #1 Single Of His Career

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

Are the people who excuse this the same people who were south haters before? Or are the people who like this the same people who liked the snap phase of things last year?

I'm just wondering.

I keep telling you people we need to have different genres of same music, but you all SWEAR everything is either Hip-Hop or it isn't... So closed minded.

I personally, cannot STAND this song. But it's not that I think the song is tre terrible. Its because I know Wayne could have MURDERED that track if he wasn't high on ALL 6000 Ex pills he got arrested for... IN any case, it's not a bad song, it's just not what we're used to.

Like, please explain to me why people can't step out of their respective comfort zones and experiment with tracks? Doesn't that show growth? Doesn't it at least show that their in this for more than just the money? Isn't that why you've deemed anybody associated with D4L or all them type cats persona non grata?

I was having a convo with my homegirl the other day, and I was thinking that, if a dude like Cee-Lo can be weird as hell, if 3000 (although he's just dope, so he can do what he pleases) can be so weird, why can't another guy? Have we all resorted to pigeonholing people and making it so there can never be a different sound in a guys repetoire?

If Cee-Lo had mad "Starships on Bankhead" it'd have been a "experimental pleasure... worthy of the Gnarls Barkley certificate of achievement"
laugh.gif
but since Fabo did it, it's "oh, not this cat again. Somebody get him outta here!"
laugh.gif

It doesn't always have to sound the same, does it?

Your mixing doing something different and artistic as one of the same... which alot of people get confused. What Dre does when he experiments is artistic what Wayne does on this song is different but nothing artistic about it. There is nothing stellar about the track and about a good percentage of the lyrics you cannot even understan . Experimentation doesn't necessarily mean its worthy of praise or artistic.... when Public Enemy made a track with Anthrax that was stepping out the box from their usual norm and it was appreciated because the execution was great, same with RUN-DMC & Aerosmith... same with Andre300o when he mad The Love Below.

laugh.gif
This is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. If you don't like the guy, just say you don't like him. Don't try to make up weakexcuses to discredit him. He made a hit, it was executed perfectly, it was creative. I don't see how anyone can deny that. Andre prances around like aweirdo and people give him a pass cause he's in Outkast.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I don't think we understand the magnitude of this song. Sure, you see the immediate affect around your local bar/club, what have you, but this is the type of song that will outlast Wayne.

No other song in his catalog has that honor.

Hate him all you want, but boy aint dumb.

Take it easy, its only because he's the most popular MC right now. I'm pretty sure if he would've dropped 'Fireman' right now insteadof 'Lollipop'..people would still be going crazy.

Back
Top Bottom