Asian Culture Discussion Thread

^ I've eaten at Danny's restaurant in NYC -- it's okay; his food is more like heightened, hipster Chinese that's "edgier" to cater to white hipsters

Introducing the Southeast Asian Pork Sandwich courtesy of Buffalo Wild Wings. A steal at $10.99

View media item 2158510

Just watched that pho video and man does Tyler deserve a hallacious uppercut. "Pho is on the rise..." really my dude? Perfect example of culture exploitation right here.

Last edited:
I hate their Asian chili sauce wings and whatever other places have that flavor. It's just eggroll sauce to me. It's almost all sweet and not even spicy. I did discover that the Frank's brand Asian chili sauce is actually spicy and thicker than the eggroll sauce you get at the Asian markets.

lmao Bon Appetit is a joke
The chef's restaurant even says itself that it's Americanized Chinese food, and the reporter had to say "You are gonna teach me how to make authentic fried rice right?"
Ugh hipsters I tell you

I hate their Asian chili sauce wings and whatever other places have that flavor. It's just eggroll sauce to me. It's almost all sweet and not even spicy. I did discover that the Frank's brand Asian chili sauce is actually spicy and thicker than the eggroll sauce you get at the Asian markets.

B Dubs Asian Zing is the truth

As a Canadian born vietnamese person whose lived in Vietnam, i semi cosign what he says. That saying though, eat it how you like

Last edited:
Anybody here from NYC? What are some clubs that the Asian American community go to? I don't care regardless, but me and my boys are going there in a month and they only mess with Asian chicks

@eddiengambino -- looks like Bon Appetit apologized and took down the video/post

http://nextshark.com/tyler-akin-pho-stock-video/

roll.gif

:rofl:
Not even surprised they took it down
I also saw the owner of the restaurant's comments and he said his comments were misrepresented and he didn't say that his word is absolute, but the Bon appetit jerk offs edited the video in a way to make it seem like he did
Still, $10 for a bowl of pho ga smh :rofl:

^
:rofl:
Damn these guys are going hard
I ain't that petty, but damn
To be fair, his place is catered to mainly white people, I don't think the harassment on Yelp is warranted
But damn it's still funny :lol:

laugh.gif

bruh I swear i've had so many people who arent korean try to tell me what "good" korean bbq is. foreigners man 
mean.gif

:lol:

bruh I swear i've had so many people who arent korean try to tell me what "good" korean bbq is. foreigners man :smh:  

I'm guilty of saying what I think the best Korean joint is from what I have tried in Koreatown, LA
But I never said it to a Korean dude :lol:

I only go to one Korean bbq spot, it was recommended to me by other Asians but they aren't Korean. I've never said it was the best since it's the only one i've been to but it's damn good. I never eat the right way either which I think is putting the grilled meat in the lettuce or whatever that leafy vegetable is. I don't want to waste room in my stomach with vegetables.

I'm guilty of saying what I think the best Korean joint is from what I have tried in Koreatown, LA
But I never said it to a Korean dude
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 nah b you can if they like super americanized 
laugh.gif
 most koreans I know in LA are 3rd, 4th generation. they detached pretty far from korean culture and cant speak fluently.

but never say it to a 1st , 2nd generation, and fobs 
laugh.gif

I only go to one Korean bbq spot, it was recommended to me by other Asians but they aren't Korean. I've never said it was the best since it's the only one i've been to but it's damn good. I never eat the right way either which I think is putting the grilled meat in the lettuce or whatever that leafy vegetable is. I don't want to waste room in my stomach with vegetables.
laugh.gif
 yea i dont really use the vegetables either but it doesnt taste bad. its just too much work. I aint got no time to prepare for greens. im tryna get some protein in here 
pimp.gif

FYI:

Dude is a STRAIGHT HOOLIGAN. Just by his horrible pronunciation i can tell this fool is 90% americanized and dont even know nothin about Korea
mean.gif
  Korean BBQ is Korea >

But LA has to be 2nd no doubt.

Last edited:
Korean food in general is my favorite, but yeah, obviously Korean food in Korea>>>>>. One of the main reasons I go to Korea multiple times a year :lol: Every time I fly to anywhere in Asia I plan at least a one night layover in Seoul. Korean BBQ in the Bay and LA get the job done though.

Last edited:
Damn I wanna visit South Korea one day
Perhaps I will do it when I go to Tokyo next year

Fly to Tokyo via Asiana Airlines; I did this earlier this year and had a one night layover in Seoul while paying for flying to just one country. Landed at 6 PM, headed to the bars in Hongdae district at 11 PM, went to bed at 5 AM with a half finished box of Korean fried chicken, and got to the airport to fly to Tokyo at 9 AM :lol: :x

But yeah, if you have more time, plan a few days in Korea as well. Flights between Korea and Japan are pretty cheap. IMO Tokyo is a cooler city overall but Seoul is much more fun

Last edited:
:lol: this thread is lit

:pimp: at the Asian folk banding together on that Yelp wall

I'ma let y'all finish but my moms makes the best pho

Fly to Tokyo via Asiana Airlines; I did this earlier this year and had a one night layover in Seoul while paying for flying to just one country. Landed at 6 PM, headed to the bars in Hongdae district at 11 PM, went to bed at 5 AM with a half finished box of Korean fried chicken, and got to the airport to fly to Tokyo at 9 AM :lol: :x

But yeah, if you have more time, plan a few days in Korea as well. Flights between Korea and Japan are pretty cheap. IMO Tokyo is a cooler city overall but Seoul is much more fun
Sounds like a plan bruh

Back
Top Bottom