Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Long thread

This is how you use your free time? Sharing some twerp’s attempts to whitesplain racial categories on Twitter 2.0?

The CHUD you're signal boosting here is a right wing activist whose thesis is that "wokeness" dates back to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which he opposes.

Here he is, in a thread whining about affirmative action, calling for the Court to overturn Griggs v. Duke Power Co., which establishes the standard of disparate impact as opposed to discriminatory intent.

And here’s the “all riots matter” op ed. he excreted for Newsweek.

These are the people whose interests you're serving by posting this here to stir the pot under the guise of "just asking questions."

I see what time you're on, and you might want to check your watch.

My guess is folks only want their own lives to matter but if the plight of other folks comes to the forefront they themselves align themselves with the oppressor. At times ignorantly. But this time it seems intentional

store owner who shot a 14-year-old boy in the back has been charged with murder, South Carolina authorities say

A South Carolina convenience store owner has been charged with murder after allegedly chasing a 14-year-old boy and shooting him in the back after suspecting the boy of shoplifting, authorities said.
The child, Cyrus Carmack-Belton, had gone into the store in Columbia around 8 p.m. Sunday and was confronted by the owner who accused him of shoplifting, according to Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott.
“He did not shoplift anything. We have no evidence that he stole anything whatsoever,” the sheriff said in a news conference Monday, adding even if he had, “that’s not something you shoot anybody over, much less a 14-year-old.”

“We are confident that this was done in a manner that we will now classify as a homicide. This was not an accidental shooting by any means,” Richland County Coroner Naida Rutherford said during the news conference. “This was a very intentional shooting. And unfortunately, Cyrus Carmack-Belton lost his life.”

IMG_8870.jpeg

[58 year old killer Rick Chow]

It sounds like the kid didn’t even steal anything but even if he did- Murder is not the appropriate response.

Latasha Harlins part 2… smh

At least the gas station was destroyed in the aftermath.

store owner who shot a 14-year-old boy in the back has been charged with murder, South Carolina authorities say

A South Carolina convenience store owner has been charged with murder after allegedly chasing a 14-year-old boy and shooting him in the back after suspecting the boy of shoplifting, authorities said.

IMG_8870.jpeg

[58 year old killer Rick Chow]

It sounds like the kid didn’t even steal anything but even if he did- Murder is not the appropriate response.

Latasha Harlins part 2… smh

At least the gas station was destroyed in the aftermath.
GOOD. Let him rot

it’s not news that i want to gloss over, as the unjust murder of a person warrants justice and accountability. but given his history in this thread, there’s no purpose other than to antagonize and vilify asians. if he’s posting in other threads about violence perpetrated against asians by other communities to spread awareness, then sure. but to just post that in here as if these actions are an inherent part of asian culture is negligent and dangerous. idk what the hell cuzz is on or what axe he has to grind but bruh needs help.

Who is them?

But to say it’s not a pattern of violence isn’t true.

moe200069 moe200069 unfortunately shooting children over nothing in convenience stores is not a one-off situation.

the poster is referring to you.

and i’m glad you at least had the courtesy of waiting until it was no longer asian american native hawaiian pacific islander heritage month to troll folks in here.

the poster is referring to you.

and i’m glad you at least had the courtesy of waiting until it was no longer asian american native hawaiian pacific islander heritage month to troll folks in here.

He referred to just me in the plural? Makes sense.

Not trolling. Just recall a convo had in here a while back about convenience stores willingness to hire security to sort these type of things out. We literally discussed this very topic and I think a few in here may have advocated for this exact type of vigilante “justice”.

It’s a troubling pattern and the unwillingness to even acknowledge it seems part of the problem.

Historically these types of interactions between Asian store owners who set up shop in largely Black communities, have happened too frequently.

I saw JPS’ initial comment and was surprised at how for once it was appropriate. Then unfortunately the pitchforks came out.

And since you said you don’t want to “gloss over it” let’s bring it back to the convo we had before- I think unarmed security should be a requirement for convenience stores (mom and pop shops included).

Last edited:
He referred to just me in the plural? Makes sense.

Not trolling. Just recall a convo had in here a while back about convenience stores willingness to hire security to sort these type of things out. We literally discussed this very topic and I think a few in here may have advocated for this exact type of vigilante “justice”.

It’s a troubling pattern and the unwillingness to even acknowledge it seems part of the problem.

Historically these types of interactions between Asian store owners who set up shop in largely Black communities, have happened too frequently.

I saw JPS’ initial comment and was surprised at how for once it was appropriate. Then unfortunately the pitchforks came out.

And since you said you don’t want to “gloss over it” let’s bring it back to the convo we had before- I think unarmed security should be a requirement for convenience stores (mom and pop shops included).

calling it a pattern is a gross generalization and misuse of the term pattern. Soon Ja Du and Rick Chow are nearly 30 years a part, calling it a “pattern” only fuels hate against asians and asian owned business.

do you have a problem with asian owned businesses opening in black communities? what are these interactions you’re referring to? does every single one of these interactions lead to a shooting death? are these shop keepers racist? what are you trying to suggest? are you exploring racism and hate crimes historically perpetrated against asians that may result in the types of interactions?

and if you think armed security guards are the solution to deterring crime while saving lived, i implore you too look up what unfortunately happened to Banko Brown in San Francisco just last month

While the shootings may be a rare occurrence. The Asian to black relations definitely have a marred history. For Asian businesses who grind and set up in predominantly black community, I hope they also treat their customers with respect.

The idea of the “hood” Chinese spot to the Indian owned liquor store. But we also have to call out these folks who post things to basically stir the pot and honestly don’t provide relevant focus to the topic.

calling it a pattern is a gross generalization and misuse of the term pattern. Soon Ja Du and Rick Chow are nearly 30 years a part, calling it a “pattern” only fuels hate against asians and asian owned business.

do you have a problem with asian owned businesses opening in black communities? what are these interactions you’re referring to? does every single one of these interactions lead to a shooting death? are these shop keepers racist? what are you trying to suggest? are you exploring racism and hate crimes historically perpetrated against asians that may result in the types of interactions?

and if you think armed security guards are the solution to deterring crime while saving lived, i implore you too look up what unfortunately happened to Banko Brown in San Francisco just last month

Oh so Latasha Harlans and this most recent incident are the only two times where an Asian store owner has shot a Black person they suspected of theft? Come on now. I‘m not going to look it up for you, you can do that on your own time.

It’s enough of a problem to where it has been caricatured in films.

You ever heard of the LA riots? Tensions between the two communities have existed within the context of Liquor/Convenience stores for decades. The onus isn’t on me to do all the homework on that one since you’re allegedly oblivious.

Does every negative interaction in said environment have to end in death for it to be a problem? Be serious.

I said unarmed security by the way…

I implore you to get your head out of the sand on this one. You’re not going to be able to mischaracterize this as a one-off.

Oh so Latasha Harlans and this most recent incident are the only two times where an Asian store owner has shot a Black person they suspected of theft? Come on now. I‘m not going to look it up for you, you can do that on your own time.

It’s enough of a problem to where it has been caricatured in films.

You ever heard of the LA riots? Tensions between the two communities have existed within the context of Liquor/Convenience stores for decades. The onus isn’t on me to do all the homework on that one since you’re allegedly oblivious.

Does every negative interaction in said environment have to end in death for it to be a problem? Be serious.

I said unarmed security by the way…

I implore you to get your head out of the sand on this one. You’re not going to be able to mischaracterize this as a one-off.

apparently you aint done your own homework. if you’re too lazy to explore asian american history outside of asian and black relations, it is what it is

apparently the only time asian and black people have contact are within transactional experiences.

While the shootings may be a rare occurrence. The Asian to black relations definitely have a marred history. For Asian businesses who grind and set up in predominantly black community, I hope they also treat their customers with respect.

The idea of the “hood” Chinese spot to the Indian owned liquor store. But we also have to call out these folks who post things to basically stir the pot and honestly don’t provide relevant focus to the topic.

Not being sarcastic — I’m proud of you. Moe is tripping.

I’m not trying to stir the pot. We had this exact convo and when I saw the news I was reminded of that.

Part of the problem is people like Moe want to outright deny that there’s any issue whatsoever and then imply that I somehow have an issue with Asians setting up business in specific locations.

apparently you aint done your own homework. if you’re too lazy to explore asian american history outside of asian and black relations, it is what it is

I’m lazy because you’re ignorant?

Again the onus isn’t on me to bring you up to speed on things that have been happening for decades.

Instead of trying to ad hominem attack me, spend that effort educating yourself on the problem .

Back
Top Bottom