Asian Culture Discussion Thread

it absolutely sucks that asian students were used like puppets to uphold white supremacy.

this man is the puppet master

1688071051530.png

We finally got a mainstream star in American pop culture yall.

She's Asian-Australian, but all good.

Sabine Wren in Ahsoka, an Asian going to be one of the lead characters of Star Wars for years to come.

They turned the character Sabine into the apprentice of Ahsoka Tano who is the apprentice of Anakin Skywalker, so she's like a top 5 main character now by stature alone. A Mandalorian who is a Jedi. A nice parallel to Grogu, who is a Jedi that is now Mandalorian.

Plus the character is portrayed to perfection.

Congrats to Natasha Liu Bordizzo.

The biggest Asian star we currently have in the USA is Big Dave Batista and he wasnt a franchise star in any of his projects unfortunately.

Now we got a franchise star of a major franchise representin!

Last edited:
We finally got a mainstream star in American pop culture yall.

She's Asian-Australian, but all good.

Sabine Wren in Ahsoka, an Asian going to be one of the lead characters of Star Wars for years to come.

They turned the character Sabine into the apprentice of Ahsoka Tano who is the apprentice of Anakin Skywalker, so she's like a top 5 main character now by stature alone. A Mandalorian who is a Jedi. A nice parallel to Grogu, who is a Jedi that is now Mandalorian.

Plus the character is portrayed to perfection.

Congrats to Natasha Liu Bordizzo.

The biggest Asian star we currently have in the USA is Big Dave Batista and he wasnt a franchise star in any of his projects unfortunately.

Now we got a franchise star of a major franchise representin!

What about Michelle Yeoh? Simu Liu? Awkwafina? Steven Yeun?

What about Michelle Yeoh? Simu Liu? Awkwafina? Steven Yeun?

All excellent, but the oppurtunity that Natasha has is bigger. Michelle Yeoh won an Oscar and her popularity hasnt gotten any bigger. Look at her coverage over her Oscar, the views of her wins and interview pail in comparison to her counterparts.

All excellent, but the oppurtunity that Natasha has is bigger. Michelle Yeoh won an Oscar and her popularity hasnt gotten any bigger. Look at her coverage over her Oscar, the views of her wins and interview pail in comparison to her counterparts.

Yeoh’s popularity hasn’t gotten any bigger becuase she has always been a beast in both american and hong kong cinema for over 30 years.

not to mention, since Everything Everywhere All at Once she’s been casted in both disney and netflix shows and is gonna be in the upcoming haunting in venice movie. i’d consider that “mainstream.”

Yeoh’s talent and range as an actress finally got a chance to shine on EEAAO after “traditional” hollywood studios tried to ignore her.. and she ain’t slowing down. from her oscar’s speech, you can tell she’s going to continue doing this to put on for future asians on the big screen.

i’m not sure who Sabine Wren is but i look forward to seeing her career take off, as well.

Yeoh’s popularity hasn’t gotten any bigger becuase she has always been a beast in both american and hong kong cinema for over 30 years.

not to mention, since Everything Everywhere All at Once she’s been casted in both disney and netflix shows and is gonna be in the upcoming haunting in venice movie. i’d consider that “mainstream.”

Yeoh’s talent and range as an actress finally got a chance to shine on EEAAO after “traditional” hollywood studios tried to ignore her.. and she ain’t slowing down. from her oscar’s speech, you can tell she’s going to continue doing this to put on for future asians on the big screen.

i’m not sure who Sabine Wren is but i look forward to seeing her career take off, as well.

Thanks! We winning nonetheless!

Back
Top Bottom