Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Last week I saw a chef on tv put some milk / cream in bolognese sauce. Said it helped break down the proteins in the sauce.

Damb now i want some spagetti.

Yall really gonna make me go out and buy all that ****

Last edited:
My dad used to buy some and then he was like why is he using these crazy red hot dogs for when the brands from the grocery store are better quality.
Right, I really don't trust pink colored hot dogs.

If I do want hot dogs or sausage in my spaghetti, I use either the costco brand or a kielbasa. Adds more flavor to the sauce.

Traditonal red sauce

Ground beef

chopped onion

chopped garlic

mushrooms

hot dog/sausage (option)

salt and pepper 

That's all you need!

I do. I find American hotdogs waaaaay too salty.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a fob
laugh.gif

i prefer taiwanese sausages more, just cause they're a little sweeter and not as salty and not dried.

whatchu know bout the small sausage in big sausage tho

68313.jpg

Last edited:
i prefer taiwanese sausages more, just cause they're a little sweeter and not as salty and not dried.

whatchu know bout the small sausage in big sausage tho

68313.jpg
What is that called in English or Mandarin?

da chang bao xiao chang 大腸包小腸

literally big sausage wrap small sausage

it's a pork sausage in a sticky rice sausage (bun) :lol:

typically top with pickled veggies but i like to hit it with just chili sauce and crushed garlic.

i miss taiwan street food man :frown:

Last edited:
damn that looks good af. The lap xuong is too dry from when I had it though. I like it but with sticky rice.

You guys need to broil the fat out of it, and let the skin crisp up. Them thangs be shooting everywhere when you broil/pan sear them whole :lol:

You guys need to broil the fat out of it, and let the skin crisp up. Them thangs be shooting everywhere when you broil/pan sear them whole
laugh.gif
What I normally do is boil in a pan and poke holes in them. 

That prevents the oil jizz lol.

Back
Top Bottom