Asian Culture Discussion Thread

My hot take:

This the GOAT asian noodle dish

o.jpg

Pull up if you dont agree

special s/o to Tsukemen (dipping ramen) though

o.jpg

Last edited:
yea its pretty much just me where I'm at.

pho is the terrible

taste like dish water with vegetables in it

id rather eat egg drop soup from the ghetto wing spot

please explain to me what is in it that makes it so special.

there are other asian spots where i live that have soups that are 100X better than that aquarium water.

annnnd btw i have been to pho places in my state that had very good reviews.....i don't get it.

its the yeezys of asian food.

address?

i've never had filipino food

jollibee dont count

i want in tho

since we on the subject tho

taiwanese beef noodle soup gotta be up there too

Last edited:
Someone please give me a crash course 101 on Filipino food. There's a Seafood City nearby but I pretty much don't go.

I have very limited exposure to real Filipino food, ranging from Jolibee and Max's, breakfast at Its Good Ha, to Sesig (without knowing what it was) and San Miguels about 20 years ago somewhere in Manila.
I imagine other Asians must feel the same way about non "mainstream" Korean food, the way I do about non "mainstream" Filipino food. Unknown and risky.

There are too many familiar options but I do want to expand. For Koreans, even can be food very "situational" and has "context". But I have always Korean dishes and ingredients are the most non threatening and "easy" of our different Asian cuisines.

Someone please give me a crash course 101 on Filipino food. There's a Seafood City nearby but I pretty much don't go.
I have very limited exposure to real Filipino food, ranging from Jolibee and Max's, breakfast at Its Good Ha, to Sesig (without knowing what it was) and San Miguels about 20 years ago somewhere in Manila.

I imagine other Asians must feel the same way about non "mainstream" Korean food, the way I do about non "mainstream" Filipino food. Unknown and risky.
There are too many familiar options but I do want to expand. For Koreans, even can be food very "situational" and has "context". But I have always Korean dishes and ingredients are the most non threatening and "easy" of our different Asian cuisines.

Want real Filipino food, avoid goldilocks.

There is a bomb Filipino spot in San Bruno called "patio Filipino" I didn't really start eating traditional Filipino food til I got to my mid 20s. Mainly cause i was only exposed to whack restaurants. My girl found some legit ones and I'd eat there 10/10.

Palabok (skinny noodles)
Pancit
Pad thai
Lo mein
Beef noodle soup
Miso ramen

Thats all i know

Back
Top Bottom