Asian Culture Discussion Thread

my parents watch gma. and probably only cause we dont get abscbn here lol.

its godawful.

they dont even watch local news anymore. they know more news about the philippines than they do here.

if you ever want to see some ****** up names, watch a filipino game show.

gwendalynberto is ******* normal over there. with 5 hidden H's for some reason.

Sometimes I like watching Kababayan Today on LA18. Aimed at Filipinos and FilAms. They sometimes have real informative info on there too.

My parents literally only watch 2 channels on TV, man, TFC and GMA.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

You filipino guys still watching wowowee? Is that show still on?
sick.gif
 What a terrible show.
It got picked up by GMA & is called wowowin now
laugh.gif
I can't believe GMA picked it up. Is Willie still hosting the show?
my parents watch gma. and probably only cause we dont get abscbn here lol.

its godawful.

they dont even watch local news anymore. they know more news about the philippines than they do here.

if you ever want to see some ****** up names, watch a filipino game show.

gwendalynberto is ******* normal over there. with 5 hidden H's for some reason.
I really can't stant Filipino channels. Growing up, this is what my grandparents were stuck on majority of the day. Then my parents got in the habit of subscribing to the channels and I literally felt like I was losing my mind watching these game shows to give away money.

Some stuff is funny, but other times it's pretty cringeworthy. (Last game show I saw was on GMA with Vic Soto...One of the co-hosts went to a neighborhood that sat above water. So the host decided to use a little boat to cross to the house, instead of the small path. Dude fell in the water
roll.gif
sick.gif
...Mind you the water is filled with trash and crap and all other gross stuff. Guy ended up giving the prize to the contestant and ended the segment taking a bath in front of the TV)

I remember my grandma complaining about the 'garbage' I watched on TV...I clapped back and told asked what she was learning on TFC and GMA...She gave me the slipper 
laugh.gif

A lot of Filipinos in this thread, I thought y'all identify as pacific islanders? :nerd:

:smh:

:x  What a terrible show.

I can't believe GMA picked it up. Is Willie still hosting the show?

I really can't stant Filipino channels. Growing up, this is what my grandparents were stuck on majority of the day. Then my parents got in the habit of subscribing to the channels and I literally felt like I was losing my mind watching these game shows to give away money.

Some stuff is funny, but other times it's pretty cringeworthy. (Last game show I saw was on GMA with Vic Soto...One of the co-hosts went to a neighborhood that sat above water. So the host decided to use a little boat to cross to the house, instead of the small path. Dude fell in the water:rofl: :x ...Mind you the water is filled with trash and crap and all other gross stuff. Guy ended up giving the prize to the contestant and ended the segment taking a bath in front of the TV)

I remember my grandma complaining about the 'garbage' I watched on TV...I clapped back and told asked what she was learning on TFC and GMA...She gave me the slipper :lol:
Yoooooooo, what really irked me about those game shows is that the contestants ALWAYS cry before they get money from the host :lol:

And my mom LOVES watching those cheesy Pinoy movies in the theatres with those "love-teams". I hate them with a burning passion -- there's literally no sensible plot in those.

Last edited:
Yoooooooo, what really irked me about those game shows is that the contestants ALWAYS cry before they get money from the host
laugh.gif

Honestly, it's a way for the hosts to humiliate the contestants before they receive a prize. Plus, these people really don't care if they're humiliated because they're all desperate for that money.

It's kind of sad, IMO.

I'm also glad I didn't go to college in the PI to play basketball lol

Yeah, Willie was really notorious for making contestants cry. I remember him always asking them about how they struggle on a day-to-day basis and whatnot. He's a douche. 

The hosts from Eat Bulaga don't make fun of the prize winner's misfortunes as hard as Willie does. 

Maybe this comment is dated, but why do Filipino movies/TV shows have such trash production? The sets look like garbage and I've seen better SFX on YouTube. Is it strictly a lack of budget type of thing?

Maybe this comment is dated, but why do Filipino movies/TV shows have such trash production? The sets look like garbage and I've seen better SFX on YouTube. Is it strictly a lack of budget type of thing?
Everything about Filipino TV shows are trash. The writing, production, everything.
mean.gif
 Especially the writing. When the dialogue switches from Tagalog to English, you know it's serious 
laugh.gif

Could probably be budget, because how many new shows are they pumping out? Telenova status.

And it's crazy how engaged some folks are with these shows. 

Back
Top Bottom