Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Sorry if I hurt some feelings but

Filipino food is one of the worst asian foods

lol

what race are you

filipino food is like a combination of a bunch of other delicious foods lol

If u dont like filipino food then u have the palette of a child
Bruh I've had the pancit, the adobo, the halo halo, the lecheon, the lumpia, filpino breakfast with the garlic rice, jolibee. I'm more than qualified on the subject.

Singapore fried noodles, *** chae > pancit

Kau yuk/thit kho > adobo

Thai dessert/red bean ice > halo halo

Chinese roast pork > lecheon

Vietnamese spring roll > lumpia

Black sesame ice cream > ube ice cream

Fight me bro

I knew a filipino guy that would drown that cornick stuff in fish sauce and eat it like it was milk and cereal. Yall dudes out there doing that as well?

Bruh I've had the pancit, the adobo, the halo halo, the lecheon, the lumpia, filpino breakfast with the garlic rice, jolibee. I'm more than qualified on the subject.

Singapore fried noodles, *** chae > pancit

Kau yuk/thit kho > adobo

Thai dessert/red bean ice > halo halo

Chinese roast pork > lecheon

Vietnamese spring roll > lumpia

Black sesame ice cream > ube ice cream

Fight me bro

when i lived in singapore for three years, i was able to visit the neighboring countries constantly so i can have my hot take on this as well.

Singapore fried noodles, *** chae > pancit ... pancit is better, the other toppings in pancit make it better

Kau yuk/thit kho > adobo ... of course adobo, though my indo friends like the chicken version more, and they dont even like kau yuk

Thai dessert/red bean ice > halo halo.. im gona have to give this one to thai desserts, man i love thai desserts :lol:

Chinese roast pork > lecheon... close but im gona give it to lechon because of cebu lechon, any of my amerikabayans ever go to back to philippines, go to cebu and try cebu lechon please

Vietnamese spring roll > lumpia ... dont like both that much tbh, but ill give it to lumpia because crispy>

Black sesame ice cream > ube ice cream.. tie, i dont like both, i like ben & jerrys :lol:

I knew a filipino guy that would drown that cornick stuff in fish sauce and eat it like it was milk and cereal. Yall dudes out there doing that as well?
fish sauce as a dipping sauce, understandable.. but like milk and cereal? 
sick.gif

fish sauce seasoned with chopped thai chillies and garlic sprinkled on top of a noodle dish or fried eggs = 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I agree Filipino food is bad, health wise lol. But cmon, it's not the worst. If anything it's a mixture of different influences like Frink said.

All the examples he mentioned could be "okay" at a generic filipino spot.

But if lola makes it its delicious

Little things can make a huge difference as is with all cooking

I only like the Filipino food my dad makes. I don't really try anyone else's home cooking.

My aunt does make some bomb leche flan. I would inject it into my veins if it was possible.

Moving away from all the food talk, anyone here watch Korean Dramas?

I personally don't but a bunch of my female relatives do (we're Filipinos). They don't really watch any other type of stuff either, strictly Korean Dramas.

I personally don't but a bunch of my female relatives do (we're Filipinos). They don't really watch any other type of stuff either, strictly Korean Dramas.

Only Iris :lol:

I watched a lot of Running Man tho.

I also had a kpop girl group phase :rofl:

Last edited:
Heartless City (Cruel City) was lit AF. Watched it on Netflix, dunno if it's still on there.

I have a bunch of others on my Netflix list but they are all too romantic. Need some action ones.

Last edited:
I watch Filipino (ONLY if it's not s cheesy love story) & Thai dramas

It's annoying af to see my cousins in the PI try to act Korean on Facebook :x :smh:

Last edited:
Pancit palabok and ***on both good, longanisas and tocino.  Lumpia shanghai, chicken sisig are usually what i get at filipino places

I've watched "An Innocent Man" and "Cheese In The Trap."

Cheese in the Trap had a lot of cool streetwear.

Innocent Man was lowkey hilarious because of the amount of twists they added. Guy's gf kills someone, he takes the fall for it, she marries some old rich guy while he's in jail, boss's stepdaughter falls in love with him, love triangle ensues, she has amnesia, etc. **** had me hooked :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom