Asian On Asian Racism? Have You Experienced Or Witnessed It?

freedmind2015

Banned
This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting two Asian women in Chinatown. While we were hanging out, they were a little bit more than comfortable with Asian jokes. While one was interested in me, the other had a white boyfriend. I was left a little confused about their slight racism, seeing that they were Asian themselves. The Asian spectrum is very vast, but until this weekend, I thought Asian-Americans were helpful to each other regardless of cultural background or nationality. 

Is there a such thing as Asian-American privilege within the Asian community?

I have seen other Asian nationalities look down upon Chinese Nationals from Mainland China. I'm not really surprised to hear such situations anymore.

Sure, as a South Asian I've experienced racism from East Asians and South East Asians.

Hell I've experienced racism from other South Asians.

India and Pakistan have a lot of different ethnic groups.

In Pakistan the majority is punjabi and folks will definitely look down on pashtuns, sindhis, balochis, gujaratis, etc. Different ethnic groups will clash at times, beef, fight, kill etc.

Similar things happen in India with their various ethnic groups.

And folks already know Indians and Pakistanis have a love/hate relationship.

I'll say this though, to my knowledge, that **** (racism in south Asia) wasn't this bad until British colonialism in India.

******* Brits man. They ****** **** up wherever they went back in the day man.

Last edited:
Oh, I'll also add, I blame the media for instilling the fear of South Asians in other Asians.

They're living here, they're subject to the same media as the rest of us, the same propaganda.

Lot of East Asian folks don't even realize that South Asians are still Asian and not Middle Eastern.

Lot of folks be like "you're not really Asian", they're right, they're not really Asian either, we're both ******* human.

But we both have to put Asian on census papers you ******* prick.

:lol: Dudes be going extra hard in the paint to claim some label that was forced upon them in the first place. :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Asian-American girls tend to be extra ***** - y toward Asian-American men

Yet will do a white dudes bidding at a snap of his fingers

Source: Personal experience

Duh.

Same with South Asian American chicks.

More western standard of beauty conditioning. Folks is brainwashed and they don't even realize it.

Not only do these chicks want to be white, they want white guys.

Last edited:
Mm .. not really.

I'm Taiwanese and have a number of Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese friends.

We fire a lot of racist jokes but it's all good :lol:

Some East Asians(Chinese, Korean, Japanese) look down on South-East Asians (Cambodian, Lao, Thai, Viet) aka jungle asians cuz they're darker and poorer. :smh:

Don't the Chinese and Koreans resent Japan to this day because of the horrible rape and slaughter of hundreds of thousands the Japanese Empire committed?

I've learned to just ignore Asian women that only proudly date specific types of dudes. Why be salty when they wouldn't even be loyal or your type anyways. Birds will be birds. A majority of of em want this fantasy lifestyle and will do whatever means necessary to achieve it. I also have some friends that do date interracially and they are good peeps.

On the topic though, usually Asians who discriminate other Asians will discriminate other races as well. It exists, and it happens to everyone including the black and Latino communities.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it's usually the older generation.
/thread

One thing that annoys me though is when you go eat at different places and when they find out you don't speak their language, they stop being nice and service falls off the face of Earth.

I really, really hate this when it happens. I'm a really small ethnic minority so I look Chinese and Vietnamese but people always assume I'm one or the other.

/thread

One thing that annoys me though is when you go eat at different places and when they find out you don't speak their language, they stop being nice and service falls off the face of Earth.

I really, really hate this when it happens. I'm a really small ethnic minority so I look Chinese and Vietnamese but people always assume I'm one or the other.

LOL. This type of treatment is notorious in New York's Chinatown. In some spots, if you're not with a native speaker they will ignore you.

Vietnamese run the best underground bookies
nthat.gif

it was hard to earn their trust as a 20 year old black male but once I did I was in there lol.......real good people  

Every race has people that are against their own/other nationalities within their race. Asian race especially are racist against each other, stemming from historically events, social standings, and general perceptions. This is not just unique to Asians.

Yeah, but it's usually the older generation.
/thread

I never associate great service with Asian restaurants in America unless you're a regular or it's an upscale. :lol:

I've been to some mom and pop shops that do tho.

Last edited:
Black guy checking in, interesting convo going on in here. The media would have u believe that it's only "African-Americans" that show "racism" towards one another. All apart of the plan.

Chinese and Japanese people from my experience just dont like each other. History and imperialism btw the two is still remnant in there mentality. 

Eh nothing new. Just the lingering effects of colonialism and western media propaganda

Last edited:
This is nothing new. Happens with all walks of life. Look at the White people. They hate on Jews, Polish. Scottish and Irish hate eachother. Look at the Latinos. Mexicans treat Salvadorans like shhhh. They all hate eachother. Puerto Ricans and Dominicans, so forth. Blacks, Asians whoever, they all have to dehumanize someone because that's human nature.

Humans are disgusting creatures... No matter what continent :smh:

Sorry you experienced this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom