Asics Love?!? Where is it?

shoooooot 

I'd take that money and spend it on some knicks/miamis. you can find some sub 450 and still have change left over. flamingo's don't really do it for me, in hand they look bunk and underwhelming. but that's me. 

Would angelus dye work on midsole of GLV or would I have to get the paint?

EDIT:

Also what would should I use on the sock liner?

Last edited:

EDIT:

its best to paint.

though its not a bad idea to dye it the same color to make last better.
i painted a midsole black after dying it black. also the black dye leave a copper sheen like a sharpie would.

Last edited:
its best to paint.

though its not a bad idea to dye is the same color to make last better.
i painted a midsole black after dying it black. also the black dye leave a copper sheen like a sharpie would.
Okay thanks what have you done with the sockliner use the dye?

its best to paint.

though its not a bad idea to dye is the same color to make last better.
Suede dye or leather dye?

EDIT:

Paint the midsole. Ive tried dye before but it wont absorb evenly. 

The sock liners are tricky. Ive dyed (with suede dye...not sure if leather dye would be different) a few and it works but over time it will fade and bleed onto socks. The other option on the sock liner is mixing a special thinner with paint and using a airbrush. @joelom posted about that method like a month ago. 

Last edited:
Okay thanks what have you done with the sockliner use the dye?
yea. BUT only in black. unless its a white sock liner. then it'll absorb. 

on my WIP (never going to finish) super green glvs, the base sock liner was blue and i needed it grey. i mixed the grey paint with the gac. IT TAKE A LOT OF COATS. i stopped at like 10 and i still need to do more to get it perfect. 

for the sock liner or any soft fabrics you need Golden GAC 900 Fabric Medium:

http://kingofsneakers.com/ASSORTEDPRODUCTS.html

how to:

Suede dye or leather dye?
leather. suede dye is a little weird. its almost like a powdery liquid. 

Last edited:

Okay thanks. Hmm why use leather dye instead of suede dye? Do you use leather dye for the soft materials?
obviously use leather dye on leather. but like i said above, when using it on not leather materials, its more of a traditional dye. so it just works better to seep into the material and change the color. the suede dye works on suede, which goes without saying. but its powdery. so its not good at dying other materials. 

i turned a pair of black and tan gliis into an all black/glow in the dark shoe. i dyed the midsole with black leather dye and then painted over with black leather paint. this is so if the leather paint cracks, there is a dyed midsole behind it.

the tounge and interior of the shoe is a reddish brown color. i used the black leather dye to make that all the black. its a little stiff, but its ok. 

I've used grey suede dye on leather and it gets dusty/chalky. it works good on suede. but you can just use the leather dye on the suede i think.

Coming soon.

Whiteout Kayano.

asics-gel-kayano-trainer-whiteout-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom