Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Are these fake? 

I don't own a pair but it looks like yours have a cloth sockliner, don't the real pairs have a leather liner?
If so that's a red flag.

Where did you buy them?

Last edited:
Yea, real pairs should be all leather. My red flag was that this leather seems too stiff. Real pairs are super soft and wrinkled.

Yea, real pairs should be all leather. My red flag was that this leather seems too stiff. Real pairs are super soft and wrinkled.

^Good point.

These are a little harder to tell b/c most of the branding is debossed, when everything is stitched it is easier to tell, but also from what I can see in pic 4 the stitching on the asics stripes is lookin sus. Idk why but those stripes always give the fake manufacturers hell, and I hope it stays that way.

Tried to take some better pics of the replica dried roses i received.

link to album: 

Overall pic of the shoe

Here you an see that the font on the GEL LYTE V is incorrect and the tiger stripes are too close together:

The back tab cut is very off as well as the size of the ASICS stitching:

The suede panel hump goes too high:

The sock liner and curve towards the tongue is incorrect.  It is hard to see in the pics, but the sock liner fits huge.  These are sz 8.5 and they fit bigger than all of the size 9 GLV's that i have.  It doesn't have that 'snug' fit to it.  This is prob similar to a size 10 sock liner.  

Both are size 8.5, you can see how much bigger the sock liner is on the replica's

The lace tips on the real pair are green:

One of the biggest obvious flaws is underneath the insole, it is missing a piece and a QA stamp.  I check under the insoles of the following: RF Mints, Offspring Desert, UNDFTD, Mita Trico, RF Diamond, Davinci's and GR Outdoor grey's.  They all have the extra piece and QA stamps.

Wrong Asics tags and it wasnt even folded:

Lastly, there is no pic, but the midsole is supposed to glow in the dark, which these do not.

Hope this helps out a future NT'er hunting for these.  

^ yup those are fufu.

My pair

One of the biggest obvious flaws is underneath the insole, it is missing a piece and a QA stamp.  I check under the insoles of the following: RF Mints, Offspring Desert, UNDFTD, Mita Trico, RF Diamond, Davinci's and GR Outdoor grey's.  They all have the extra piece and QA stamps.

Excellent documentation man. Like you said, under the midsole is a big one and usually an easy giveaway but people always forget to check it. that's one of my go to's when it comes to asics LC's.

Repped :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

Also where did you buy them from? I know you said pp but were they listed on eBay, Kixify, etc? If so you should throw their username out there.

Last edited:
Excellent documentation man. Like you said, under the midsole is a big one and usually an easy giveaway but people always forget to check it. that's one of my go to's when it comes to asics LC's.

Repped :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

Also where did you buy them from? I know you said pp but were they listed on eBay, Kixify, etc? If so you should throw their username out there.

This is the eBay item. http://www.ebay.com/itm/252293682566. Figured them being from Japan would be a good sign. I've already filed a PP dispute

Anyone who has ordered from Clot... what shipping method do they use to ship to US? Will they declare or mark item as gift for US customers who purchase $200 or more for us to avoid custom charges? Thanks!

Anyone who has ordered from Clot... what shipping method do they use to ship to US? Will they declare or mark item as gift for US customers who purchase $200 or more for us to avoid custom charges? Thanks!

It's 800 or more now brodi.

I bought the Sand GL3 from them in Jan...they used Fedex Intl Economy and got fro HK to TX in 2 days.  I emailed them to to devalue the order and they marked it as $50 i think.  No customs.

I got the sands from them in a couple days. I ordered on the first release and they marked down all packages they shipped. The Chinese are all about avoiding fees, I'm glad they showed some love to all their customers.

Back
Top Bottom