Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Pin-rolling/joggers are a fad now, yes; however, fads are only considered "fads" by the people who will gladly leave them behind when the next new thing comes out. There are people like myself and probably a few others who genuinely like joggers/pin-rolling and will continue doing so regardless of what everyone else deems "right". Fads are for highschoolers. Most of us should be at the point in adulthood where we know what we undoubtedly are akin to without the need of public influence.

Quote:

Pin-rolling/joggers are a fad now, yes; however, fads are only considered "fads" by the people who will gladly leave them behind when the next new thing comes out. There are people like myself and probably a few others who genuinely like joggers/pin-rolling and will continue doing so regardless of what everyone else deems "right". Fads are for highschoolers. Most of us should be at the point in adulthood where we know what we undoubtedly are akin to without the need of public influence.
bigdaddy's innit for the long haul.. staying true to the pinroll..... pinroll's till death yo

So some say half size down for saga's vs gl3s.  Anyone have insight.

I am an 11 in GL3s and an 11 in OG roshe's

The Good will Out

These are tuff. RD is Oct 25, right?

All yaw pinrollers been doing it longer than two years though? DOUBT It. (and i'm not counting Euros who've been doing it for a while).

Im curious, if the point is to show off your kicks, why not get denim joggers? or tapered jeans? I'm genuinely curious... 

And i wear joggers (with the sweatcuff only) as the versatility allows them to be worn even in less casual/slightly more dressy environment (maybe the club, a dinner at  a nice restaurant, etc).

But I'm not sure that pinrolling has the ability to transcend different environments and dressier situations. Like what do yo guys do then? just wear the jeans at regular opening? I know that has to burn/hurt... With the right fit/leg opening in jeans (which i would guess many pinrollers dont have, hence the need to pinroll), one can still show off the shoes and not tarnish the intended look of high quality denim/selvedge (more than one cuff roll, bunched up artificial bagginess at your ankles). IE with the CORRECT fit in denim, there's no "need" to pinroll... 

I can't see myself pinrolling a $150+ pair of selvedge, not sure how you guys do it. That said, do YOU, enjoy em, i hope they help yaw bag chicks/yambs. 

On that note, time to put on the flamesuit.

Doesn't pinrolling date back decades? I thought it was just becoming popular again thanks to the convergence of the skinny jean and runner trends.

Quote:

bigdaddy's innit for the long haul.. staying true to the pinroll..... pinroll's till death yo
#Lifestyle #Pinrollaz #Anklesneverashy

All yaw pinrollers been doing it longer than two years though? DOUBT It. (and i'm not counting Euros who've been doing it for a while).

Im curious, if the point is to show off your kicks, why not get denim joggers? or tapered jeans? I'm genuinely curious... 

And i wear joggers (with the sweatcuff only) as the versatility allows them to be worn even in less casual/slightly more dressy environment (maybe the club, a dinner at  a nice restaurant, etc).

But I'm not sure that pinrolling has the ability to transcend different environments and dressier situations. Like what do yo guys do then? just wear the jeans at regular opening? I know that has to burn/hurt... With the right fit/leg opening in jeans (which i would guess many pinrollers dont have, hence the need to pinroll), one can still show off the shoes and not tarnish the intended look of high quality denim/selvedge (more than one cuff roll, bunched up artificial bagginess at your ankles). IE with the CORRECT fit in denim, there's no "need" to pinroll... 

I can't see myself pinrolling a $150+ pair of selvedge, not sure how you guys do it. That said, do YOU, enjoy em, i hope they help yaw bag chicks/yambs. 

Ill be the first to tell you I just started pin-rolling early this year.

I can't speak for everyone else.. but for me, I just like the way pin-rolls look; Not to show off my shoes.

Also, there's nooooooooo f%$#@n way I'm spending more than $50 on any pair of pants/denim.

Tapered jeans are ok but then it bunches up a bit unless you hem them rather short. Some people just like it clean around the collar of the shoe. Joggers and pinrolling keep your pants from actually touching the shoe which gives for a cleaner look.

I Like the Ubiq x gt cools just waiting for the price to drop...you know they are sitting everywhere. Are the teal dragons even that limited, you got peeps on ebay asking $230???

They're not that limited because people had the option to prebuy if you were already a member so there was plenty to go out then. Then there were a couple of waves of emails for raffles. People were also able to preorder at their store locations. I would say that there's a decent amount of stock. You also see a bunch of NTer's giving away their raffle links.

I go .5 down from my true size for sagas. True size is 9.5. I get a 9 in sagas. Do you buy GL3's in your true size or do you size up .5 for them? 

I go .5 down from my true size for sagas. True size is 9.5. I get a 9 in sagas. Do you buy GL3's in your true size or do you size up .5 for them? 
That perfectly answers my question repped.

I don't know what my true size is honestly
laugh.gif
. I would say i am an 11 for the most part.  and i buy gl3s in an 11.  But i have flyknit trainers in a 10.5 i am a 10.5 in jordans my air max 90s are an 11.5.  I am an 11 in roshe's except flyknit which i am a 10.5.  So when people say size up .5 im sure an 11 will be good if they say TTS thats where im confused because my true size is probably a 10.75 lol.  So down or up i know where i should go...TTS always makes no sense to me because i don't know what we are referencing as a true barometer for your size

That perfectly answers my question repped.

I don't know what my true size is honestly
laugh.gif
. I would say i am an 11 for the most part.  and i buy gl3s in an 11.  But i have flyknit trainers in a 10.5 i am a 10.5 in jordans my air max 90s are an 11.5.  I am an 11 in roshe's except flyknit which i am a 10.5.  So when people say size up .5 im sure an 11 will be good if they say TTS thats where im confused because my true size is probably a 10.75 lol.  So down or up i know where i should go...TTS always makes no sense to me because i don't know what we are referencing as a true barometer for your size
http://www.ebay.com/gds/The-Foolproof-Way-to-Finding-Your-True-Shoe-Size-/10000000177630037/g.html

You could always try this method to determine your true size. It helps a lot to know your true size so you don't have to base your sizing on different shoe models.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/The-Foolproof-Way-to-Finding-Your-True-Shoe-Size-/10000000177630037/g.html

You could always try this method to determine your true size. It helps a lot to know your true size so you don't have to base your sizing on different shoe models.
This is helpful with determining general US shoe size (which is the only one based on inches) , but the problem is that US sizes differ in ACTUAL size. I've found EU (and to a lesser extent, CM) size is much more accurate, and thankfully just about all brands will have their EU/CM size on their boxes and tags.

So I've found that generally in all shoes an EU 44 fits me best (which is generally a 28 CM). This is fine with Nikes, Adidas, Reebok & Saucony, as that's basically a US 10. If I want a snug fit with sock-material shoes like ZX Flux or Flyknit, I'll go down to a 9.5 (EU 43.3, 27.5 CM). The only model I've found that's off on this is the ADI EQT 93 Support, which though listed as a US 10/ EU 44/ 28 CM fits enormous. 

But the real problem is with Asics, because they are completely off from other brands' sizing. A sz 10 GL3 is only an EU 43, but is listed as a 28 CM. I cannot fit into a sz 10 GL3 to save my life. Just doesn't work. GT IIs, GT Cools, Epirus and GLVs have the same size listings/conversions as a GL3, too.

A GL3 in an 11 fits me great, though, which is the EU 44 (28.5 CM). A US 10.5 is a 43.5 EU (28.25 CM), and while from my experience that fits great for a GLV, I haven't tried on a GL3 in a 10.5 and don't know if/how the split tongue would impact its fit.

Now a Gel Sagas and Kayanos are a completely different story. Those have the same sizing as Nikes, etc. -- US10 / EU 44 / 28 CM. I don't have either a Kayano or Gel Saga, but when I get one I'll be ordering a US 10 because I trust their EU 44 sizing.

GL3: US 11 = EU 44 = 28.5 CM 

GLV: US 11 = EU 44 = 28.5 CM

GT II: US 11 = EU 44 = 28.5 CM

GT Cool: US 11 = EU 44 = 28.5 CM

Gel Saga: US 10 = EU 44 = 28 CM

Kayano: US10 = EU 44 = 28 CM

Epirus: US 11 = EU 44 = 28.5 CM

Hope this helps some people...

Back
Top Bottom