ASU frat suspended "Offensive MLK Party"

there is absolutely no denying that blacks, more than any other race in THIS nation have been more systematically oppressed throughout this countries history than any other ethnic or racial minority group.

but you hit it right on the head, all racism is wrong.

so when black people undermine other minority groups plight, ESPECIALLY other types of black people (Jamaican, West Indian, Haitian etc) it's a slap in the face of civil right activists. Keyword CIVIL, not black right activists or brown right activists but civil right activists.

Ya'll think Gandhi and MLK would sit there and bicker about whose people's plight was worse? HELL NO. They were CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVISTS. IT'S HUMANITY people, we're in this together.

That's how ******g ignorant that attitude is. It's damaging and hurtful when black people undermine the plight of other minority groups. Imperialism didn't just occur in Africa. Nor was slavery exclusive to America.

But at the end of the day I can't blame black people for being indoctrinated into this idea of living only for your own people because white people did a very good job of dividing and conquering all of us.

and they get to write the textbooks.

the winner always gets to write the textbooks.

What about Native Americans?

But why? what was the point? who brought up that black people were above ignorance? Essentially all these deflections are implying are that black people no longer have any right to be upset by racism. Address something racist then someone feels the need to say, "hold on, but..." Can you not see how that would be bothersome?

I can't speak for those who brought up the flier, don't know what their intentions were.

But if you're asking me who said that black people were above this sort of ignorance? It was KingFoamNYC.

He said "you'd never see black people throw these kind of parties, it takes a special kind of hate to do something like this".

I'm simply addressing the fact that black people are certainly capable of similar acts of hatred. May not throw a party about it but I've seen this type of ignorance first hand from black people.

And not just black people either, I'm holding all minority groups accountable for only caring about their own people.

So yes, I did say earlier my stance was a bit off-topic, but I feel like there's a bigger issue here as a whole.

What about Native Americans?

I addressed them as well, read through my posts.

like I said earlier, im pretty sure native americans would contend with the notion that blacks are the most historically oppressed group.

but again, that's besides my point. my point is treating one's people's own plight like a badge of honor and undermining the plight of other minority groups is just damaging and ignorant.

Last edited:
They got shafted too but the government takes care of them pretty well now

Bit I'm done with this thread...like 3738474 diff arguments now....I'm sure the same conservative trolls will be in the next thread about us coloreds :rolleyes

Last edited:
You've never made an insightful post in these threads....you just make ignorant statement after ignorant statement after ignorant statement

Feel sorry for whoever birthed you
my dude even if you had any legitimate points in this thread, no one would notice because your delivery exudes ignorance 100% of the time.

like in this last post, you're seriously insulting my mother over the internet? stop being silly
laugh.gif

It's college man, everyone wants an excuse to get dressed up! throw a party and get drunk. We do it with St. Patricks and Cinco de Mayo, dressing up like leprechauns or Mexicans with sombreros.

I can see why some black people would be offended but god damn, it's not that serious. Those mlk club flyers are way worse lol

I don't know maybe I'm tripping, someone is going to be offended by my response anyways but I was expecting kkk costume, blackface or confederate flags. Not a bunch of dudes dressed in jerseys. I've seen way worse on Cinco de Mayo lol

Ok I thought you were speaking on this thread so my bad on not reading beyond that statement. Absolutely agree that this happens because I've heard about it first hand and people like yourself have spoke on it on forums/social media. I live in the south so it's not a melting pot of races like it is in NYC. All the examples you addressed are VERY ignorant and disappointing and it sucks that it is the way it is. Here the only racial ignorance minorities deal w/ is 9 times outta 10 directly involved w/ a Caucasian and not each other. 

thank you for taking the time to understand what i'm saying bro, I really do appreciate it.

repped.

I addressed them as well, read through my posts.

like I said earlier, im pretty sure native americans would contend with the notion that blacks are the most historically oppressed group.

but again, that's besides my point. my point is treating one's people's own plight like a badge of honor and undermining the plight of other minority groups is just damaging and ignorant.

No i got what your point was. I was just referring to that one statement. You mentioned Native Americans in a later post. All I was getting at was that Native Americans may have a diff of opinion in who was/is the most oppressed in this country. Not really something to keep drumming up was just throwing that out there.

roll.gif

It is MIND BLOWING that some of you are seriously trying to justify this or say it's not a big deal.

Last edited:
I don't even get mad when people are overtly racist, so this doesn't bother me. 

It bothers me more that the same black people who are mad at this, are the same black people calling each other "******." That I have a problem with. 

*I'm black by the way
ur black really???????

Controversial Thread Cycle:

1. People usually agree early on about something.
2. Somebody comes along and says something against the grain.
3. Everyone gangs up on said person and goes on all sorts of tangents.
4. Thread spirals out of control.

Last edited:
You've never made an insightful post in these threads....you just make ignorant statement after ignorant statement after ignorant statement

Feel sorry for whoever birthed you
my dude even if you had any legitimate points in this thread, no one would notice because your delivery exudes ignorance 100% of the time.

like in this last post, you're seriously insulting my mother over the internet? stop being silly :lol:

Ummm actually I'm pretty surprised by the positive responses I receive

It's college man, everyone wants an excuse to get dressed up! throw a party and get drunk. We do it with St. Patricks and Cinco de Mayo, dressing up like leprechauns or Mexicans with sombreros.

I can see why some black people would be offended but god damn, it's not that serious. Those mlk club flyers are way worse lol

I don't know maybe I'm tripping, someone is going to be offended by my response anyways but I was expecting kkk costume, blackface or confederate flags. Not a bunch of dudes dressed in jerseys. I've seen way worse on Cinco de Mayo lol

sipping out of a watermelon tho?

c'mon bruh.

if you can't see how having a party themed around black stereotypes on MLK day is far more offensive than fliers of MLK wearing diamonds and promoting a party I dunno what to say.

one is really crude, and tasteless marketing/promotion.

the other is a downright slap in the face of one of the greatest civil rights activists in human history and a mockery of black people.

No i got what your point was. I was just referring to that one statement. You mentioned Native Americans in a later post. All I was getting at was that Native Americans may have a diff of opinion in who was/is the most oppressed in this country. Not really something to keep drumming up was just throwing that out there.

That's exactly what I said, that Native Americans might contend on who was the most oppressed in this country. I think I've said it two or three times in this thread, and at least twice before you addressed me.

So you're agreeing with me? Co-signing?

I'm confused?

Last edited:

And dressing up as a stereotypical Mexican is very ignorant too but y'all entitled folks keep on cooking

Done for real now :D

:stoneface:

MLK flyers are worse than white people drinking from watermelon shape cups and dressing up in what they think minorities still wear at a MLK themed party?

No big deal. These kids wanna just party and have fun.

Sounds about right

Last edited:
St Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo are completely different than this (although still kinda offensive). Most people aren't going around pretending to be IRA members or illegal immigrants on those days, which this is the equivalent of. Dudes are walking around pretending to be gangbangers and sipping on watermelons. Also those two days don't celebrate the lives of any important historical figures

Last edited:
They got shafted too but the government takes care of them pretty well now

Bit I'm done with this thread...like 3738474 diff arguments now....I'm sure the same conservative trolls will be in the next thread about us coloreds :rolleyes

the government takes care of them now?

really?

have you ever been to the reservation?

ever volunteered?

I've been to the white mountains out in AZ. I've seen how the apaches live in complete poverty.

The government doesn't give adequate them education or healthcare. They could give a DAMN about the economic conditions of those towns.

I literally cried when I saw how those people lived. Most of them are suffering from disease. Suicide rates are insane. How is the government taking care of them? That's what you're programmed to believe but until you've ever set foot on a reservation don't talk about how those people are taken care of.

Because they're not.

Back
Top Bottom