ASU frat suspended "Offensive MLK Party"

They got shafted too but the government takes care of them pretty well now

Bit I'm done with this thread...like 3738474 diff arguments now....I'm sure the same conservative trolls will be in the next thread about us coloreds :rolleyes

the government takes care of them now?

really?

have you ever been to the reservation?

ever volunteered?

I've been to the white mountains out in AZ. I've seen how the apaches live in complete poverty.

The government doesn't give adequate them education or healthcare. They could give a DAMN about the economic conditions of those towns.

I literally cried when I saw how those people lived. Most of them are suffering from disease. Suicide rates are insane. How is the government taking care of them? That's what you're programmed to believe but until you've ever set foot on a reservation don't talk about how those people are taken care of.

Because they're not.

Only speaking for the ones here in the NC mountains. They're loaded

I didn't see the watermelon cup, I'm on my phone, didn't notice that. I just expected much worse tho. I've seen white and black people on cinco de mayo do much worse, thats the truth. The whole holiday is centered around drinking and dressing up like Mexicans in a despicable fashion. No one seems to care.

St Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo are completely different than this (although still kinda offensive). Most people aren't going around pretending to be IRA members or illegal immigrants on those days, which this is the equivalent of. Dudes are walking around pretending to be gangbangers and sipping on watermelons. Also those two days don't celebrate the lives of any important historical figures
it happens though

"A Latino student organization at the University of Delaware  is demanding that an honor fraternity expel members who attended a Cinco de Mayo  party deemed by some people to be offensive.

Party photographs on a student's Facebook page, showed some students at the unsanctioned, off-campus party dressed as gardeners wearing work shirts with "Pedro" and "Jose" name tags, and a racist slur scrawled across the back."

and most people are not going around pretending all black people dress like early 2000s rappers on MLK day. but yes both these parties aimed at two different races/nationalities of people are extremely ignorant and a problem that needs to be addressed 

Suspended seems kind of weak imo. College is a privilege, they should've gotten the boot.

But i'm sure it was in the school's best intere$t to keep them around right?

Only speaking for the ones here in the NC mountains. They're loaded

Well, I've never been there so I'll take you at your word.

But firsthand accounts in AZ, natives who've stayed on the res don't often have it good.

And documentaries i've seen about Alaskan natives have cemented my belief that Native Americans have not been given proper reparations.

And beyond that we still live in a country that thinks that native american caricatures is a-okay.

That's exactly what I said, that Native Americans might contend on who was the most oppressed in this country. I think I've said it two or three times in this thread, and at least twice before you addressed me.

So you're agreeing with me? Co-signing?

I'm confused?

Yea.

I must just not of seen your other posts or was hypnotized by all the other back and forth between other people. Really not a significant point to the discussion of the thread.

Carry on.

Right :lol: ? Sounds like a guy who clearly hasnt been in a Keef thread (understandable, as most of his music stinks), but anyone whose been in a Keef thread or thread relating to Chicago in general could 100% find people bringing up the negative impact that's from his music. Pretty sure slavery would've lasted even longer with that "bu bu bu but they do it" mindset, cause not only your own kind can make a great change for you. I'm pretty sure there were multiraced abolitionists from the civil rights era and back, and if they would've shut their mouths like a bunch of NTers in here want, things would've slowed down quite a bit. You could have the civil rights era delayed to the 80s or 90s. Ehhh...

what I need a thread for when I hear the **** being played on the radio...

immediately followed by Trayvon Martin case updates...

but **** it... whatever keeps you ****** head boppin

Maybe you should invest in spotify/pandora so you won't have to hear him. I'm pretty sure you didn't even read that post for you to come up with that response by the way. "you ******" :lol: ironic. If you're sleep, maybe that's your problem. Wake up and be more enough, and put that passion to good use.

it happens though

"A Latino student organization at the University of Delaware
 is demanding that an honor fraternity expel members who attended a Cinco de Mayo
 party deemed by some people to be offensive.

Party photographs on a student's Facebook page, showed some students at the unsanctioned, off-campus party dressed as gardeners wearing work shirts with "Pedro" and "Jose" name tags, and a racist slur scrawled across the back."

and most people are not going around pretending all black people dress like early 2000s rappers on MLK day. but yes both these parties aimed at two different races/nationalities of people are extremely ignorant and a problem that needs to be addressed 

I agree, that's why I said "most'. There's always gonna be some neanderthals who take @#$% too far :smh: But I've honestly never even heard of an MLK themed college party until today , so I assumed that most people who dressed up for this event were similar to the ones in the photos . I mean back in college we had a party on MLK day but it wasn't anything special, it was just to drink on a day off

I'm not a fan of dressing up as other ethnicities for entertainment, as it makes me feel uncomfortable, but IMO wearing a sombrero/poncho or a green top hat on two "holidays" that aren't serious at all is much more tame than dressing up like criminals and sipping from watermelons in memory of the nation's biggest civil rights hero

Last edited:
400pancake_bunny.jpg

Why am I disappointed? Are you aware of NT's track record with race threads? It's always the same back and forth, only thing that changes is the thread title. It's like a dog chasing it's tail. 

So what do we do to actually find some common ground and finally get somewhere with all these threads?

Im well aware that these threads are always the same but now that we've established that what can we all take out of THIS one right here?

What are we as individuals going to do differently?

It's either nothing, the status quo goes on or we begin to be the change in the world we want to see.

That's the only good that can come of these threads, that's the only way the dynamic of these threads will ever change. It begins on an individual level.

Maybe then we can collectively be on the same page.

Or we can all just be self-righteous and continue putting our blinders on, continue furthering the invisible divisions unscrupulous powerful white men want us to adhere to.

what it comes down to is this: We're either against ALL forms isms, racism, sexism, elitism etc. We either realize that our plight and our fellow man's plight are interconnected, intertwined OR,

we adhere to the isms. There's no middle ground anymore.

Last edited:
I am a Tau Kappa Epsilon member @ Cal State Northridge we are predominantly hispanic in our chapter. Ever chapter of the brotherhood is different, but these guys at ASU need to work out there kinks. They have only been on ASU campus since 2010, and I not giving them any leeway, but our organization is not Ignorant like the actions that where shown on the ASU campus.

I don't even get mad when people are overtly racist, so this doesn't bother me. 

It bothers me more that the same black people who are mad at this, are the same black people calling each other "******." That I have a problem with. 

*I'm black by the way

wait, you don't get mad at white ppl for being racist but you get mad of black ppl who call each other the n word? dude, you serious?

I am a Tau Kappa Epsilon member @ Cal State Northridge we are predominantly hispanic in our chapter. Ever chapter of the brotherhood is different, but these guys at ASU need to work out there kinks. They have only been on ASU campus since 2010, and I not giving them any leeway, but our organization is not Ignorant like the actions that where shown on the ASU campus.

question, what kind of punishment goes on in-house for incidents like this?

it happens though

"A Latino student organization at the University of Delaware
 is demanding that an honor fraternity expel members who attended a Cinco de Mayo
 party deemed by some people to be offensive.

Yup...it does.

Penn State:

tumblr_meke7n9xS71qzria2.jpg

http://lehighvalleywithlove.com/pos...ate-sorority-has-mexican-themed-party-offends

tumblr_mhru6q3jn21s03x8no1_400.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

I''m just going to assume everyone in the world is racist from now on.

and you wouldn't be far from the truth in this day and age.

it really feels like that to me sometimes, it truly does.

I feel like I can't ever find a human being that feels the way I feel about these issues. not even my own girl understands how I feel about these issues on a bigger picture.

and when I do speak about it people get offended like im undermining their particular plight, which is NEVER my intent.

everyone only cares about themselves and their own people.

even my own people have disappointed me by being xenophobic about others.

:smh:|I

feel like a ******g alien sometimes on this planet. no love.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why in 2014 people continue to cross these racial lines....

WHY do they have to throw these racist parties?

WHY do they want to be able to say the N-word so bad?

All this is just so unnecessary today. :smh:

PS... Another reason why MOST fraternities are so worthless today.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why in 2014 people continue to cross these racial lines....

All this is just so unnecessary today.
mean.gif
ignorance/they dont know any better

All this is just so unnecessary today.
mean.gif
because its edgy bro. all the kids these days just want to be edgy and gain attention.

question, what kind of punishment goes on in-house for incidents like this?
Tell you the truth bro I Don't Know, we as a frat have never caused trouble on your campus, thought they do have to take it up TKE organization to see if they will still allow them to remain on ASU campus.

Back
Top Bottom